10 days, too young 2 top?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I am on day 10 of veg and just feed them some FF BB for their first time. I am wondering, Would you top these yet? I don't know enough or feel experienced enough to fim or lst but as far as topping . Is it time? or should I wait? Thanks everyone, Hero :)

2011-10-15 06.32.22.jpg

2011-10-15 06.32.33.jpg

1318674764083.jpg

Fim IS topping. Kind of a minor topping. You do not take as much as when you top. They are too little to lst yet. Google fim and you should find some info. You could probably do that now.

Technically you could do it now but I wouldn't. The key to topping or fimming is to produce multiple top colas. Topping encourages this by causing the plant to disperse the "cola" hormones to all the lesser branches(which you have basically none right now). Once you get to about 5-6 nodes you will have considerably more branching for the topping to affect. I just fimmed my White Russians at 5 weeks from cutting. and next week I will fim my Blueberry Punch at 5 weeks from cutting.

Also make sure that your strain will accept topping as some strains don't take well to topping. :)

I would leave them for a week or so, but they look great.

I dont know if ill FIM again next year. I have a plant that is 6 weeks into flower and because I FIM'd I have 4 small colas that are growing in one cluster and holds moisture. Just my experience

Thanks Hempgodess, I just read about 5 articals online regarding FIM ing and basically instead of just topping the main stem one takes just about 80% off just the top 2 leaves off? looks easy but still hesitent. ( scared) Thanks Hushpuppy, good to know although I dont think any of my strains and I am doing multiples..> Pineapple chunk. papaya.. vanilla kush. confidentail cheese. and chemdog says anything in the reports regarding to fim or not.. Dman.. Thanks as always guy, I was thinking just that. a week from now would be good, Drfting, Thanks, I def dont want to mess up my babys, I have planned this grow out and been waiting since July to do this new grow..I noticed that my last grow ( from seed as well) and maybe it has something to do with the 24 hour light schedual. keeps these plants extremely bushy with compact node growth.. I didnt top or anything my last grow and even thou I only did 2 plants they got huge like 4 and a half feet and they only yeilded 3 and a half ounces, give or take a few grams.. Appreicate all.. Hero

Latest posts

Back