10 Reasons the U.S. Military Should (Officially) Use Pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
10 Reasons the U.S. Military Should (Officially) Use Pot

By Penny Coleman, AlterNet
Posted on December 29, 2009

http://www.alternet.org/story/144838/

"There’s a lot of things I’m passionate about, but getting a prescription for my marijuana from the VA is probably at the top of my list. I’d be like a kid waiting up for Santa if I thought he might be bringing me one of those. Haha!"

hXXp://www.alternet.org/story/144838

Our military should not be under the influence of marijuana when using live ammo. The safety risks of high soldiers is unimagineble.

Freindly fire aint so friendly.

I feel active duty personnell need to abstain from using pot during unsafe operations, guard duty, combat partols, cqb situations, live fire training, combat training, servicing or construction under combat, working on an active flight deck, firefighter duty or watches, ect, ect,,,

Unless trained or evaluated to be able to operate with 100% efficiency while stoned or high, edibles or concentrates. True Hashassins from the old world. Maybe then I could agree with cannabis use while on duty.

But that is not what this article is about.

I wish the VA would be apart of it, I mentioned it one time in my PTSD group, and the therapist about had a cow...for now they see nothing posotive in MJ relieving stress....I wish they would wake up!

How about lighting up a joint makes alot less noise than opening a beer?

JK
Good post Moto-Man
:)
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
How about lighting up a joint makes alot less noise than opening a beer?

JK
Good post Moto-Man
Gb

lol ! my sgt. uncle tells me the military consumes 60% of all beer and they invented the word party in the barracks

legalize_freedom said:
I wish the VA would be apart of it, I mentioned it one time in my PTSD group, and the therapist about had a cow...for now they see nothing posotive in MJ relieving stress....I wish they would wake up!

I don't think group leaders want to deal with it Legalize, there trained to get us off pot, booze and what ever else. I think that the full shrinks may feel different. The last time I saw a shrink at the V.A., she asked why don't you get a card. I didn't think fast enough, should have asked if she was offering one.
If it wasn't for smoke I might have hurt someone along time ago.

The Effen Gee said:
Our military should not be under the influence of marijuana when using live ammo. The safety risks of high soldiers is unimagineble.

:yeahthat: Gotta agree there.

The Effen Gee said:

I feel active duty personnell need to abstain from using pot during unsafe operations, guard duty, combat partols, cqb situations, live fire training, combat training, servicing or construction under combat, working on an active flight deck, firefighter duty or watches, ect, ect,,,

Unless trained or evaluated to be able to operate with 100% efficiency while stoned or high, edibles or concentrates. True Hashassins from the old world. Maybe then I could agree with cannabis use while on duty.

But that is not what this article is about.

thats a good point, but if it's actually legalized and not just for medical purposes...it would be no different then alcohol. you dont drink then go to work...least ur not supposed to lol

i've fired weapons while i was stoned and i found myself to be more focused than usual. i, however, was not in a combat zone. just shooting guns for fun.

surreptitious said:
thats a good point, but if it's actually legalized and not just for medical purposes...it would be no different then alcohol. you dont drink then go to work...least ur not supposed to lol

i've fired weapons while i was stoned and i found myself to be more focused than usual. i, however, was not in a combat zone. just shooting guns for fun.

i dont like being high while holding a firearm not so smart i like to be on my toes when im watching you watching me

Even if the sleeping pills got me to sleep, I’d still wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares. The only difference is that WITH the pills I'd wake up dizzy and disoriented. The disorientation made for a smooth transition into flashbacks, and if you want to see a vet have a bad episode, make sure he/she is completely disoriented and wake them suddenly in the dark. (Don't try this at home -- danger, danger!)

Very well said and truer then there being a heaven or hell.

eastla_kushsmoka said:
lol ! my sgt. uncle tells me the military consumes 60% of all beer and they invented the word party in the barracks

I thought it was the expression "Bombed"-lol

Also, Marijuana can be air-dropped easily without damaging it. Try that with beer. Hence the expression "Beer Bomb"-lol

Gb

eastla_kushsmoka said:
i dont like being high while holding a firearm not so smart i like to be on my toes when im watching you watching me

i'm not a rifleman by any means, but i know my way around a weapon and feel comfortable enough that i wont shoot my friends or myself. you never point a weapon in any direction that you dont want to destroy. you always make sure that the weapon is unloaded unless pointing it down range. you never assume that there is no ammo in it.

these basic ideas prevent you from doing something stupid.

Cowboy said:
Even if the sleeping pills got me to sleep, I’d still wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares. The only difference is that WITH the pills I'd wake up dizzy and disoriented. The disorientation made for a smooth transition into flashbacks, and if you want to see a vet have a bad episode, make sure he/she is completely disoriented and wake them suddenly in the dark. (Don't try this at home -- danger, danger!)

Very well said and truer then there being a heaven or hell.

The other morning my girlfriend and her daughter came out of the kitchen and I had been asleep on the couch for about 3 hrs. with my dog, the dog barked and I woke up to 2 siloettes of peope walking towards me. I was out of my element from sleeping on the couch, and the dog barking and the 2 people comeing at me happened so fast...I jumped straight up out of the couch and had my girlfriend by the wrist, and to the floor, before I realised what happened...luckily I snapped out of it as soon as she said my name. This was the worst I've had in yrs, I have an appt to talk to my shrink on Thur, because it really freaked me out...I mean for them...sorry for going there, you just made me think of it again...it's been driving me crazy that I could have really hurt them. The drugs they are giving me are worthless...the weed is what works the best.

I typed this and deleted this 2 times...screw it, I'm posting it

here in new mexico post damanica stress sysrom or the real thing "shell shocked" is under new Mexico list for MMJ. as for the guys serving in the filed, hell no. i got a buddy that just got back from afgan, and that is no time to be smoking, slow reflexes are no time when u gotta watch your buddys back from some gehad freak hell bent on shoving his views down your mouth with an IED!!!!! this post is so wrong u have no idea what u talking about!!! i know a few guys that died in the wars that i grew up with. u really have no idea what u talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

legalize_freedom said:
The other morning my girlfriend and her daughter came out of the kitchen and I had been asleep on the couch for about 3 hrs. with my dog, the dog barked and I woke up to 2 siloettes of peope walking towards me. I was out of my element from sleeping on the couch, and the dog barking and the 2 people comeing at me happened so fast...I jumped straight up out of the couch and had my girlfriend by the wrist, and to the floor, before I realised what happened...luckily I snapped out of it as soon as she said my name. This was the worst I've had in yrs, I have an appt to talk to my shrink on Thur, because it really freaked me out...I mean for them...sorry for going there, you just made me think of it again...it's been driving me crazy that I could have really hurt them. The drugs they are giving me are worthless...the weed is what works the best.

I typed this and deleted this 2 times...screw it, I'm posting it
I know what you mean, if I am out of my space and have no smoke I go on patrol in my sleep and with what I get from The VA. Not good. And as far as flash backs, when I smoke my wife is safe from hand to hand combat. (I never had hand to hand in real time, was close once) and that is where the dream picks up. Lost a wife and daughter the first round, Have a DAMN GOOD WIFE the second round.
So I am with you brother, be safe, smoke a joint.
good smoking

Wiseguy_Chef said:
here in new mexico post damanica stress sysrom or the real thing "shell shocked" is under new Mexico list for MMJ. as for the guys serving in the filed, hell no. i got a buddy that just got back from afgan, and that is no time to be smoking, slow reflexes are no time when u gotta watch your buddys back from some gehad freak hell bent on shoving his views down your mouth with an IED!!!!! this post is so wrong u have no idea what u talking about!!! i know a few guys that died in the wars that i grew up with. u really have no idea what u talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

Sorry you feel that way Wiseguy, if you have been there tell us, if not then go and come back and tell me I have no idea what I/We are talking about.
U.S.M.C
Vietnam
I Corp
1965-1967
I know what it feels like to pull the trigger, bust a cap. I have and I can.

Sorry, I may sound rude, But I respect all that have served, I don't care if you have been shoot at or not. We are of a club that few choose these days with good reason. They don't want to be shoot.
IED's where call booby traps in my day and they killed/maimed just the same.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
here in new mexico post damanica stress sysrom or the real thing "shell shocked" is under new Mexico list for MMJ. as for the guys serving in the filed, hell no. i got a buddy that just got back from afgan, and that is no time to be smoking, slow reflexes are no time when u gotta watch your buddys back from some gehad freak hell bent on shoving his views down your mouth with an IED!!!!! this post is so wrong u have no idea what u talking about!!! i know a few guys that died in the wars that i grew up with. u really have no idea what u talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had men (some friends/brothers) dieing all around me...I agree with cowboy when it comes to non-military dictateing what our combat vets dicide to do and not do with their stress...if you haven't been there you have nothing to say on the matter, and until you've been there, you don't know what your talking about anyway. I personally didn't smoke in combat situation...I in fact smoked very little my whole time in service. I'm however not going to judge what others do to help them cope with the situation they are forced to deal with. I'd rather have seen alot of the drunks in the service smoke instead. Much Respect for you Cowboy, I'm too young for Vietnam, I know a bunch of your era vets from my groups in the VA. My moms oldest brother died in vietnam, I never knew him, but he's the reason I went Airborne/AirAssault...my mom hated it when I joined! I was in Desert Storm, and Somolia...Africa is the one that still gives me problems...Maybe with all these young guys coming back from Afghanistan, and Iraq the VA will hopefully see some use for MJ...cause were sure going to have, and already have ALOT of messed up men! I'll get off my soap box...lol

Cowboy said:
Wiseguy_Chef said:
here in new mexico post damanica stress sysrom or the real thing "shell shocked" is under new Mexico list for MMJ. as for the guys serving in the filed, hell no. i got a buddy that just got back from afgan, and that is no time to be smoking, slow reflexes are no time when u gotta watch your buddys back from some gehad freak hell bent on shoving his views down your mouth with an IED!!!!! this post is so wrong u have no idea what u talking about!!! i know a few guys that died in the wars that i grew up with. u really have no idea what u talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

I know what it feels like to pull the trigger, bust a cap. I have and I can.

yeah i feel that way also but i was never in no war ever unload your weapon in the streets of these united states?

Latest posts

Back