100% Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shatzie24

Reaction score
Hello all!
First-time grower here... and what is the opposite of a green thumb? Because that is me so this should be interesting (and stressful!...lol)!

I'm growing indoors (3x3 tent, LED lights, autoflower seeds) and I'm just finishing up the seedling stage and moving on to vegetative. I bought a fairly easy set up so I'm not worried about lights or timing but I'm nervous about watering and nutrients as I'm already struggling with watering correctly. The lower leaves are turning yellow so I'm going to move them to their bigger pots (3 gal smart pots) and start nutrients (half strength). Any advice other than the million things I've Googled? I'm excited to have a place to get my information from real people so thank you for having me!

Attachments

• 20221011_080733.jpg
    20221011_080733.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Thank you. I overthink everything (science brain here) so I plan on deleting most of my bookmarks and only asking here when needed. Too much information can be just as damaging as not enough. I've moved them over so here we go!

Welcome shatzie. Yes a transplant and a good drink they look a bit thirsty. Are you planting them in preloaded soil? That might have something to do with how much nutrients you add. I fed my recent autos in new preloaded soil and wished I had waited a couple weeks as the soil was carting them fine..

Yeah if your Soil has ferts don't add any untill they ask for it. It will feed those Autos for awhile.

I'm using Fox Farms... can I assume the pH will be ok? I'm not sure if my meter is working correctly (saying acidic?... the needle doesn't move when put in but works for moisture and light) and waiting for a replacement.

Welcome to the forum Shatzie! I’m using fox farms ocean Forest…love that soil. But I highly recommend getting a ph pen for measuring your feed. I have to make adjustments to my water when feeding to maintain a healthy ph balance.
I'm using Fox Farms... can I assume the pH will be ok? I'm not sure if my meter is working correctly (saying acidic?... the needle doesn't move when put in but works for moisture and light) and waiting for a replacement.

Those things do not work for ph testing.

This is the one i use. I paid 49.00
I like this one because you can charge it with USB. Got mine off Amazon delivered the next day.

1665505857780.png

AERO-GRO 5-in-1 TDS/pH Meter - IP67 Waterproof, 5 Functions: pH, TDS, EC, Salinity, Temperature, 0.01 Resolution, High-Accuracy Pen-Type Tester for Hydroponics, Water, Wine, Spas, Aquariums, White​

[5-in-1 pH METER] - Meter has a five-in-one function, which can measure PH, TDS, EC (Electrical Conductivity), Salinity %, Salinity ppm, and Temperature - with high precision every time. All-round measurement of water quality to ensure consistent results.
  • [Accurate pH Tester] - Featuring a solid glass probe, you can get a full measurement range of 0-14pH, 0.01 pH resolution. The pH meter uses a 3-point calibration for maximum accuracy, and includes extra calibration powder.
  • [Numerous Applications] - This meter can measure TDS, EC, and pH in fresh water situations, and can measure Salinity % and Salinity ppm in saltwater situations, such as saltwater pools, spas and aquariums. It can also be used to measure drinking water, RO System, spa, soap mixtures, food, wine, beer or any other liquids.
  • [Temperature Compensation] - The pH meter auto-calibrates to the sample liquid temperature, which guarantees accuracy regardless of temperature.
  • [Compact and Waterproof] - IP67 waterproof means you can use it without any fear of it getting wet. The pocket-sized meter slips easily into your pocket and includes a storage case.
  • [USA Customer Support] - At Aero-Gro, we stand behind every product we sell and provide a variety of how-to videos and other valuable resources on the aero-gro website.

AERO-GRO 5-in-1 TDS/pH Meter - IP67 Waterproof, 5 Functions: pH, TDS, EC, Salinity, Temperature, 0.01 Resolution, High-Accuracy Pen-Type Tester for Hydroponics, Water, Wine, Spas, Aquariums, White​

[5-in-1 pH METER] - Meter has a five-in-one function, which can measure PH, TDS, EC (Electrical Conductivity), Salinity %, Salinity ppm, and Temperature - with high precision every time. All-round measurement of water quality to ensure consistent results.
  • [Accurate pH Tester] - Featuring a solid glass probe, you can get a full measurement range of 0-14pH, 0.01 pH resolution. The pH meter uses a 3-point calibration for maximum accuracy, and includes extra calibration powder.
  • [Numerous Applications] - This meter can measure TDS, EC, and pH in fresh water situations, and can measure Salinity % and Salinity ppm in saltwater situations, such as saltwater pools, spas and aquariums. It can also be used to measure drinking water, RO System, spa, soap mixtures, food, wine, beer or any other liquids.
  • [Temperature Compensation] - The pH meter auto-calibrates to the sample liquid temperature, which guarantees accuracy regardless of temperature.
  • [Compact and Waterproof] - IP67 waterproof means you can use it without any fear of it getting wet. The pocket-sized meter slips easily into your pocket and includes a storage case.
  • [USA Customer Support] - At Aero-Gro, we stand behind every product we sell and provide a variety of how-to videos and other valuable resources on the aero-gro website.
Will it self calibrate

All I use is fox farm ocean forest soil it has all the nutrients you need I use water straight out the tap and the plants love it adding nutrients to this soil you begging for trouble the onLy nutrients I would use is the fox farm trio they sell and I would use that at half strength if that much if I was you I would just water it and be happy with what you grow you have plenty time to move up to nutrients

Latest posts

Back