1000w HID vs. Magnum+ LED vs. Apollo 10 LED vs. Penetrator 336x - The Showdown!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13 days in from seed... the move to the independent rooms takes place tomorrow.

As you can clearly see, vegging under the magnum+ and par amp original magnum is completely killing the 1000w dual arc HID... everything is the exact same in terms of medium and nutes being fed to these plants, the only difference is the light source!!!

13 days from seed HID...

IMG_1530.jpgIMG_1531.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1533.jpgIMG_1534.jpgIMG_1529.jpg

14 days from seed... ladies were watered today and divided into the seperate rooms. Plants vegged under LED have been marked. It is obvious that the HID plants are suffering from some sort of PH problem. I will be measuring PH and PPM starting tomorrow. The LED vegged plants show no signs of PH problems.

Each light is at 30 inches abouve the tops of the pots. I will measure PAR values of each room tomorrow as well as spectral output of each light...

Plants have been in the individual rooms now for 2 days... I had to back off the HID by 5 inches because it was burning the plants. Ph issues are present so I will be obtaining a new ph / ppm meter on Monday to fix that issue. So far the Magnum+ is looking the best and the Apollo 10 is looking pretty good also. The 336x plants seem to be the same and the HID plants got some heat damage. Watered yesterday and just fed them now. Here come the pics...

Any kind of set back. Esp PH, for the most part, will negate this whole side by side. It will simply just take them too long to recover and make up lost time. Side by sides are really tough all around. Just soo many variables. I have seen lots show a few pics of led grows vs HID, well documented too. It always comes down to everyone talking about cost savings on killowatt savings. Thats fie and all, but if grower A, uses the cheapest bottled nutrients and LED's and gets x number of grams in yield and grower B uses a HID and organic amendments for the whole cycle and harvests x number of grams. It will negate the net cost per gram based(killowatts used) on using very very very cheap organic amendments vs bottled nutrients.

But anyhow, best of luck.

Your HID plants are stretching because the light cannot be put any closer to those little seedlings. They look a little burnt to me even from that distance.
T5s would be much better then HID for such small plants, cause ya can set those T5s right on top the plants.
Bet ya can set those LEDS right on top of them too,which is where they need to be to maxamize those LEDS.
Cool test, but those seedlings are gonna have problems with a 1000 watt Hid.:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back