1000w HPS at 1000bulbs.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
1000bulbs.com/category/1000-watt-high-pressure-sodium-lamps/

I am checking out the Philips Ceramalux with an initial 140,000 lumens for $38.25 (what does that spell on the telephone keypad?) as opposed to the Eye Hortilux, which I have wanted to get for years and has 145,000 initial lumens for $100. The Eye Hortilux supposedly produces more blue light. Which of the two would you get? I have never used either, but I want to use a new 1000w bulb for the Royal Purple Kush. (Well, actually two new 1000w bulbs.)

I personally have not found expensive bulbs to be any better than inexpensive bulbs.

for flowering i look for bulbs with enhanced red/orange spectrum.

the one im using now is great and not expensive really, i also like HTGsupplys bulbs, they always upgrade you to the Agrosuns.

hxxp://www.sunleaves.com/detail.asp?sku=SOHP160 one im trying now, can be found for half the price most places, paid like $25-30 for mine.

I have always used the Eye Hortilux Enhanced which does have more blue light and have never used the less expenisve ones so I have nothing to compare it to. As I have added lights to my grow my blulbs have gotten out of wack on when to change them and right now I have a new bulb in one hood and the other two hoods have bulbs that are on there 3rd grow. The new bulb is a lot whitter (blue) than the other two blulbs which look orange and all three are the same kind of bulbs. I always replace my blulbs every 3 grows so this will be there last grow. I only use these bulbs for flowering. Since the new bulb is so close to the other bulbs and the fact that there are different strains in the closet, I cannot tell if the newer bulb is doing better. My girls are about one week from done. JMO.

i notice a big differnce between bulbs, i have a normal bulb for a 400watt, it has more of a white light to it to the human eye, buds grow less compact and had more streching overall with it than when i switched it to a "enhanced spectrum" bulb.

havent compared to 600 watts and + though which is almost double lumens than a 400, may be less noticble with them.

Ive never needed "good" bulbs.

They might be better but not at the cost.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I personally have not found expensive bulbs to be any better than inexpensive bulbs.

Growdude said:
Ive never needed "good" bulbs.

They might be better but not at the cost.

:yeahthat:

I use nothing but the cheapos from 1000 bulbs...I just change them a lil more often.

The only reason I have never bought a Hortilux is their humongous price. I may as well get four Precision bulbs for slightly more than one Hortilux.

Nice description,Thanks for sharing the information.

Latest posts

Back