12/1 lighting--Any truth or banana in the tail pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chapter 4 ... "FACTORS influencing thc production"...
Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that nearly twice as much thc is produced under a 12 hour photo-period than under a 10 hour photo-period"...

Makes perfect since to me Hick,,,but ya sure 5.5,1,5.5,,and then 12:rolleyes: might not work better.:D

thanks hick for the post i have read that book so many times. as i keep reading the 12-1 journals over on mjp. its seams to me like most of the 12-1 camp is trying to grow trees indoors most of them have big rooms or big tents. you cant deny the stretch from the pics. but because the size of there grow area i dont think they see stretch as as bad like the med to small room grower do. so to them it works i guess. i will stay with my trusty 24/0 12/12

Sin inc said:
its seams to me like most of the 12-1 camp is trying to grow trees indoors most of them have big rooms or big tents. you cant deny the stretch from the pics.

If I want to grow trees indoors, I veg longer under 24/7 lighting. Before flipping to 12/12

yup same here pcduck. the more i read about this the more it falls apart. its funny on other forums they swear by 12-1 but when i posted a pics of my last grow.they asked how did i get my results . and then asked for tips . funny

Sin inc said:
yup same here pcduck. the more i read about this the more it falls apart. its funny on other forums they swear by 12-1 but when i posted a pics of my last grow.they asked how did i get my results . and then asked for tips . funny

Sin--that is pretty funny, but it does tell you something. Obviously you are doing better with your 24/0 and 12/12 than they are doing with their 12/1 schedule.

Glad ya kept doing research Sic. We always come back to the MP for the truth.

Sin inc said:
"on other forums" some guy says that you can flower these plants in that system LMAO

aquaponics funny.jpg

poor fish. i wonder what it did to get put in jail.

He has a bad temper. He or She is a Japanese Fighting Betta. Does not play well with others.
What im concerned about is the roots getting direct light. That aint good is it?

You know Weedhopper, that is something I hadn't thought about. How do they handle algae with aquaponics? Are the fish supposed to control the algae?

The Hemp Goddess said:
You know Weedhopper, that is something I hadn't thought about. How do they handle algae with aquaponics? Are the fish supposed to control the algae?
they put algae eaters which are fish who live in bottom of aquariums and feed on algae

I really have never seen a grow like that go from start to finish. Seems ya would need more bubbles/Oxygen to the roots then what i see in that setup to grow nice plants. Plus,,im not so sure that the fish would supply enough nutrients to Flower MJ properly. A lilly pad is one thing,,weed is another.

WeedHopper said:
I really have never seen a grow like that go from start to finish. Seems ya would need more bubbles/Oxygen to the roots then what i see in that setup to grow nice plants. Plus,,im not so sure that the fish would supply enough nutrients to Flower MJ properly. A lilly pad is one thing,,weed is another.
many people over the net post such trials trying to invent the wheel without reading from scratch lol i've seen people doing crazy things with no prior research, i bet he didn't ask himself this question wether the fish will supply enough nutrients or not or if he has enough O2 etc.., he would rather try it instead. at least he didn't chop all of the fan leaves, not yet at least lol

Actually the plants will get a lot of nitrogen when the fish dies and rots from not having enough oxygen in the water. Either that or the fish will feast on the roots of the plant until it dies :doh:

What ever floats their boat,,or weed. Just seems like a waste of time to me,,but to each his own.

One other thing. With your Rez made of CLEAR GLASS,, wouldnt the heat from the lights that ya would need to grow good WEED cause the solution to get way to warm for healthy growth?

Latest posts

Back