12/12 from seed, 1200w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr0208

Reaction score
Hey guys, 1st grow for me and i'm on a 12/12 cycle (time limit reasons) from seed on a 8 week flower in cocoa. Got 16 white rhino bad boys on their way and am just wondering what kind of yields I can expect?? They were on a 18/6 for the 1st 10 days

Also have got a carbon filter for venting and ducting out the window. I've just purchased some ona blocks and I've seen some posts saying people have placed these actually in the filter?? Is this advisable or should I just place it by the window where it's vented?? Also, what's your thoughts on an ona block in the tent??

Always helped the boys but have finally popped my cherry! :D

Help appreciated man #SmokersParadise

Wont flower even though you switched to 12/12. during normal vegging period it will start to show signs of its sex white pistils/female pollen sac/male which is when you can switch them to flowering. Not that it wont eventually start to flower but at 12/12 its going to take a little longer. as for yields that depends on ALOT of things but usually the seedbank your buying them from gives you a good estimate of yields per plant or m2 if grow under optimal conditions right temp/humidity/lights etc. 16 plants at once is alot for a first time grow i started with six and that was alot of work for me.

Welcome Mr0208

I would take a step back. Just slow down a little. We all want to finish in a hurry. Please go back to 18/6. This allows the plant time to develop roots and grow strong. One month minimum in veg. Two months best. That way when you put it into flower it will start budding faster. Its just a timing thing. As the grow goes you will enjoy it. That will make the end all the more sweet. Trust me.

Green Grow Vibes

Plants will not flower till they are mature. 12/12 does not speed the process up.
I would run my lights 24/7 till they mature, then flip to 12/12. A good veg will increase yield.

I would also keep the Ona out of the grow room. Should not need it if your carbon filter is working correctly.

I'm literally in the place temporary and it was a good friend in the game for 20 years that said to switch em otherwise they wouldn't be ready. He's literally a master but just wanted to get some other opinions and appreciate u guys getting back to me I've no choice but to run it as they are hence the post. They're comin up nicely, I'm in week 3, including the 1st 10 days and have until the 1st week in May. Majority are like 4 tiers already in 5L pots

Ona is just an extra precaution can never be too careful.

Helped my man do 297 previously, all the way thru so defo can handle 16 although his were hydro in clay balls. Annoying things having to clean pre grow for that amount haha that was a field in 3 tubs, literally and we've always used white rhino

Any tips on a quicker cure? I've got a 3/4 day window? Lol

They're all feminised seeds as well so no worries on sex

Love a challenge lol

why do people come here and ask for help and then tell someone trying to help them, "Oh I already know what I'm doing is right and your wrong."... isn't that why you asked for help in the first place?

No, you cant bake a cake @ 1400F for 15 minutes rather than 1 hour @ 350F but if your going to try please take pictures.

No, you can't cure bud in 3 days. You would be hard pressed to properly DRY it in 3 days let alone cure it.
But that's not what you want to hear so I assume you'll tell us about "the master's" advice on curing too.

sorry to crap on your thread, its just frustrating watching the same thing over and over and over

good luck bro
:48:

No way yur gonna Cure weed in 3 days. Lol
Now you have wasted valuable Vegg time under the wrong hours and right lighting for vegging. Poor little babies,,,im calling CPS.
Helped my man do 297 previously
SO why are you asking?

Because I've always been co pilot and that was his grow. I'm asking for advice, not criticism as everything I've read online is so conflicting. Don't ask then you won't know. Surely u was in my position, as a starter, once?

Yes i was,,and when i was i did not tell them how many grows my buddie did and how great he was,,and then ask THEM for there help. My question to you is,,if he is so great,WHY ask us?
Thats all im saying,,its a very strange way of asking for help.

Welcome mr 0, you came to the right place. I agree with the above posters, if your master was having you veg under 12/12, he was not a master. The longer you veg the bigger your harvest. Vegging under 24 hours a day is the best way for cannabis, a high energy plant, to veg.

And, just because they are femmed doesn't mean one won't be or one might hermi, or whatever, there is always worrying a grow room.

We will help in anyway we can,,but its hard to help someone who thinks their friend is a Master Pot Grower.

Of course, we were all once beginners. However, I am like Joe, if you do not want the help why ask? You cannot do what you want to do in the time you want to do it and we are trying to tell you why what you want to do will not work and offer sxuggestions.

But the bottom line is that you cannot rush some things--plants will flower when they are sexually mature, regardless of when you put them in 12/12. In the meantime they stretch. Even 18/6 light will make them stretch, which is why most of us run our vegging lights 24/7.

Most of us that have grown for any length of time has tried 12/12 from seed and found out that is saves very little time and usually results in plants with very low yield. In other words, we are speaking from experience.

Ona also does little to help odor--again speaking from experience and I would never ever put it in my filter.

Unfortunately, advise often comes in the form of criticism. When we see you making what we deem is a huge mistake, are you suggesting that we do not tell you? Either you want help or you do not want help. You cannot rush flowering and you cannot rush drying and curing. That is the bottom line.

Why did you not buy autos if you have no time to do a proper grow with photoperiod plants?

Yeah sounds like this "master" was not much of a true master.
You can't speed flowering times up but you can sure slow them down by doing things incorrectly.
Plants won't start flowering until they reach sexual maturity which is usually indicated by alternating nodes.
I don't use anything but a 24/0 light schedule in Veg. MJ does not need a rest period and anytime the lights are off during Veg you are losing an opportunity for them to be growing.

Problem is, the 'master grower' is in a different country so I'm literally all on my own. I am obviously listening to the advice given. Was referring to the 'why ask if you know?' Comments. Again I am so grateful for all of your input. I have tried to upload pics but they wouldn't upload so will try again in a minute.

The ona block I'm goin to place in the room, not the tent and at the window sill where the exhausting is vented.

Again really do appreciate the input guys and will keep u all posted along the journey if that's cool with all of you

My man said he'll fly over on week six so at the moment it's just me and fingers crossed you guys

Also I' bought a 2x2 tent. Have now put 8 in one quarter and the other 8 in the corner alongside. If u imagine half of the tent. So half is under lights with 600w covering each quarter

View attachment image.jpg

Wasn't aware of autos as my friend had always used clones. Not the master who taught him lol

Not uploading the other pics, even done em separately... strange i'l try one an hour haha

alright. so...
first, I want to apologize. I was dealing with a bull headed 7 year old since dawn, came down here to relax and found this thread.

sometimes posts can be read/understood incorrectly.
(segno)
A rushed post that does not convey the meaning is a waste of time.
(al coda)
You now seem very open to suggestion but the way you worded the post, didn't convey that.

so I' bought a 2x2 tent like a ****.
Have now put 8 in one quarter and the other 8 in the corner alongside. If u imagine half of the tent.
So half is under lights with 600w covering each quarter

so I' bought a 2x2 tent like a ****.
yup, were all learning, just some of us have already made a mistake like that and are onto all the rest...
Is that your only space?
no need for the language or the self putdown.

Have now put 8 in one quarter and the other 8 in the corner alongside. If u imagine half of the tent.
:huh:
ya lost me

So half is under lights with 600w covering each quarter
so half is under lights... = 8 in the tent 8 outside the tent... "in the corner alongside" the tent?
600w covering each quarter... quarter = 4... 4x600? 2400w in a 2x2 tent?
D.S.

------------------coda

these time restrictions you mention, are they SERIOUS!!?
as in the lease is up and you have to be out of the house NO QUESTIONS!!
or what?

Because I HAVE to be HONEST, I'm going to say that if you don't have the time to finish, don't start.
Its just a waste of your time and energy and $$ and in the end, you wont get anything really worth smoking.

edit/PS
most of those lil gals look really nice
lets figure out a way to get them done!

It's cool bro, am uncle to 3, I understand your pain lol

its a 2x2 tent so if u imagine i'm using half of it with a 600 under each quarter covering 8 plants 1200 in total

Yeah I work abroad in the summer so have to be there for the start regardless, annoying

i've already invested bro so am going to see it through no matter what

They look healthy from what i've seen on my mates previous grows but again he was using hydro

Latest posts

Back