12-12 From Seedling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaynco

Reaction score
While sitting and wondering, I thought of an idea which I believe could be useful for casual cannabis consumers. My idea is providing 12-12 light cycle three weeks after sprouting, this would cause the plant to enter flowing stage almost immediately. If I attempt this would anybody want to have updated results?

This is not a new idea. Every decade or so, someone gets gung-ho about 12/12 from seed. But the fact of the matter is that cannabis will not flower until it is sexually mature, regardless of the light. So, what you are ultimately doing is depriving them of light during the time that they should be vegging and putting on bud sites. Some people will put as many as 4 to 6 tiny plants per sq ft. and as St. Nick mentioned, virtually all states have plant count limits where things start to get ugly. When I lived in Idaho, anything over 25 plants was a mandatory jail sentence. Each plant requires individual care, so taking care of 40 or 50 small plants is way harder than taking care of 4-6 large ones. Plants grown 12/12 from seed will often produce 1/8 to 1/4 ounce. You can run clones like this because they are the same biologic age as the plant it came from, however you will still experience small yields and the risk of jail from too many plants.

Most people who want plants to grow fast like this run autoflowering strains.

This is not a new idea. Every decade or so, someone gets gung-ho about 12/12 from seed. But the fact of the matter is that cannabis will not flower until it is sexually mature, regardless of the light. So, what you are ultimately doing is depriving them of light during the time that they should be vegging and putting on bud sites. Some people will put as many as 4 to 6 tiny plants per sq ft. and as St. Nick mentioned, virtually all states have plant count limits where things start to get ugly. When I lived in Idaho, anything over 25 plants was a mandatory jail sentence. Each plant requires individual care, so taking care of 40 or 50 small plants is way harder than taking care of 4-6 large ones. Plants grown 12/12 from seed will often produce 1/8 to 1/4 ounce. You can run clones like this because they are the same biologic age as the plant it came from, however you will still experience small yields and the risk of jail from too many plants.

Most people who want plants to grow fast like this run autoflowering strains.
Thank you for the information, definitely has changed my outlook on the idea. The issue is that I don’t have a lot of room to work with and do not own a grow tent.

Look into auto flowering strains. They have the bonus of not needing a 12 hour dark period to flower. They are also generally smaller than photoperiod plants.

Hey if you go 12/12 right from seed, you should do what The Hemp Goddess said and wait till they nature. I do straight to 12/12 from clone, no veg. But I grow with areoponics in the sea of green. I take 20 clones in 7 to 10 days they root. I wait till day 14 and put them to 12/12 in a 14"x18" grow chamber. Twenty plants in a 1.6 s/ft area. They are about 5"to 6" tall. In about 3 weeks they are 23" to 30" tall. I get 10 times the yield per s/ft this way. Plus I get 20 main tops that are any where from 10 grams to 17 grams each. And I'm pulling right around a oz a plant. That's right around a pound in that small of a area. Plus it's so easy and cut my time down to a 16th of what I was having to do with soil grows. Just something to think about. Good luck.

I have experimented with I can’t even count how many strains 1212 from sprout. Don’t do it don’t waste your time you need at least a few weeks of growth before you try to SOG with single colas.

Big colas are possible but you need a whole shit load of seeds and I will tell you it’s not worth it.

Let them veg.

Latest posts

Back