12/12 Light Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.GreenThumb

*The Sinsemilla Sheik*
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone has read or knows how sensitive the mj plant is to keeping the 12/12 light cycle perfect. Or does the plant notice a difference in a 10-20 min or possibly 30 min difference in the cycle...?

Some say yes some say no. I have heard storied of hermies from the tiniest bit of light leaking in or the cycle being thrown off here and there. I myself have had plenty of crazy light problems before, keeping the door open because of heat during the day while my cycle is on at night and such and have never had a problem. I have been working with the same solid strain for a while. Can you not get a timer or controller of some sort?

Depends, as far as ive read your fine, as long as you got extra 30min of darkness. But having more than 12 hours of light during flower trigers vegitation growth. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong?

I don't know about "anything" over twelve but the potential is there.

If my lights come on at 8:00 and I enter my room at 7:30 I just turn on the switch at the timer. I never noticed a problem with a 1/2 hour here and there.
but every stain is different (especially from seed) so I can't say it would work for you.

on my first grow i was lucky to end up with 2 females and me being curious alawys went and checked on them when the light cycle was off and i ended up with seeds in my buds at about 6 weeks flowering so i killed my grow so i wouldnt get anymore seeds and the bud was ok but would of been alot better if i didnt open the room when the plants were sleeping,, stupid me but i guess everyone learns from mistakes..:(

Latest posts

Back