12/12 Nutes???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
When do you switch from Veg nutes to Flower nutes. I have 3 plants that went into 12/12 yesterday. Judging by pre-flowers I have at least one female:D and possibly 2 males:( ...I know pre-flowers are not 100% guys so dont scorn me:p Anyhow when do I switch from veg to bloom and how do I do it?? Here is the details of my grow:

3 plants all in 3 gal. pots
Fox Farm Ocean and Forest Soil
FloraNova Grow (Full Strength every 3rd watering)
Liquid Karma (Same as FloraNova)

I will switch to FloraNova Bloom and continue Liquid Karma. If you have any suggestions as to adding anything feel free to comment! So basically when do I switch, and how gradually??

Thanks for your help

I feed the FF "grow" formula for about 2 weeks into 12's. I think it (N) helps them through the 'stretching' phase without yellowing. I don't even flush before the nutrient change, but many recommend it. I start them from there with full strength FF bloom ferts, usually every other watering or about nce a week. Through week 6 or 7, THEN I flush, by giving nothing but fresh water for the final 2 weeks.

I was just wondering the same thing. I put mine into 12/12 5 days ago. I think I have 2 males and 2 females.

I'm with Hick.

I feed veg nutes for at least 2 weeks into flower. They need the nitrogen during the stretch.

Thanks Hick and R + W, that is what I thought. That is what I will do. I appreciate your help...I do have one other question though??? Can you switch nutes midstream if you dont like what your using or want to compare??? I am thinking of switching to Fox Farm (for plants in veg and for flower), can I do this or should I keep going with what I am using and wait for the next grow to try something new??? Thanks Again

I have switched nutes mid-stream before. I used a lower strangth about 1/2 strangth to see what will happen. Easier to correct a deficiancy then it is an overdose. Which I'm battling a nute od myself.

if your plants look good and no sign of burn, thats where I ,m going to stay for awhile, using flora nova bloom, one week into flower, they look like females. the last bunch of train wreck that I planted took all kind of s*** and abuse and just wasted the power, but I tried to follow the directions on the amount of nutrient to feed and found out about nute burn, now I keep it low and watch close, hope these girls keep doing like they are. Oh yes 750 ppm per gallon. I do run the occasional last feed with ph'd water 5-9 and growth max,200ppm, the sea weed has all minerals, so hope that covers there needs...nft system with hamsters running the water wheel..{smile}

Latest posts

Back