12/12 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but every grow guide I read says something different on this so I figured I would see what you guys did. My plants are ready to go into flowering They are 5 weeks old, have alternating nodes, and you can see the calyx (looks like 2 male and 2 female) My question is should I slowly reduce the light (hour a day) or just cut it back 6 hours to induce flowering (have on 18/6 now) Also if I do it slowly at which day do I start calculating it into days of flowering? Sorry for the long post, I'm baked:D

rockydog said:
This may be a stupid question, but every grow guide I read says something different on this so I figured I would see what you guys did. My plants are ready to go into flowering They are 5 weeks old, have alternating nodes, and you can see the calyx (looks like 2 male and 2 female) My question is should I slowly reduce the light (hour a day) or just cut it back 6 hours to induce flowering (have on 18/6 now) Also if I do it slowly at which day do I start calculating it into days of flowering? Sorry for the long post, I'm baked:D
Ha! Hey man, you had a lot to say! That's cool.

You're right man, there are probably a hundred pubs out there that say all kinds of things differently. Some of the good ones tell you a bunch of different ways and tell you about each of them.

I've read in several places that some people think it mimics nature when the light is gradually lessened in hours. I've never done it, I just whack em onto a 12/12 and start counting days.

When you harvest depends on when the plant is ready to harvest, so the number of days is pretty much just a guide anyway. Sometimes crops of the same weed will harvest at different weeks. If you figure it out, please come and tell me too.

The 24/7 vs 18/6 and the other timing opinions are interesting, but I've heard so many stories about which one is better, I just grow the way I want and try different things sometimes.

Good luck to you man! I hope your harvest is great!

ok thanks for the reply, I'll just hit em into 12/12

Yea man ive always just set the timer to 10am-10pm, and start marking off the days on my calendar

Latest posts

Back