12 hours of light from seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
I was looking through growing videos and came upon something that I remembered from a photo when Colorado legalized. A woman had her picture of her next to a policeman holding her plant. It was like a bud stick maybe two or three feet tall coming directly out of the pot. No branches just a bud stick. I could never figure out how she did that then I found a video that explained it.

The videos I found grow the plant under 12/12 from seed. Anyone here don’t that?

I was looking through growing videos and came upon something that I remembered from a photo when Colorado legalized. A woman had her picture of her next to a policeman holding her plant. It was like a bud stick maybe two or three feet tall coming directly out of the pot. No branches just a bud stick. I could never figure out how she did that then I found a video that explained it.

The videos I found grow the plant under 12/12 from seed. Anyone here don’t that?

Popular method. Look up SOG (sea of green). Essentially a ton of tiny plants. Often in conjunction with lollipopping e.g. taking off all side branches

Never did see the purpose of tiny plants. I'm allowed 12 in Michigan, and I'm not going to waste the plant count on some little bitty plants.
I'm also allowed 4 ounces of dried buds in my possession. Anything over 4 ounces gets destroyed by fire, one joint at a time..... :)

Never did see the purpose of tiny plants. I'm allowed 12 in Michigan, and I'm not going to waste the plant count on some little bitty plants.
I'm also allowed 4 ounces of dried buds in my possession. Anything over 4 ounces gets destroyed by fire, one joint at a time..... :)

Just getting my bearings. So where I am headed with this is if 12 hours from seed gives you a “stick” how many days on a photoperiod should I vege to get a smaller plant but with offshoots for additional buds but not huge plants. I am space limited.

So from what I can figure out between 2 to 4 weeks of vege state max?

Agree.

Funny you mention this. I do this all the time. Started about 15yrs ago when my height was super restricted. Some grow just as you expect, finish around 2ft and can be trimmed into a single cola..

Then, every once in a while you get that pheno that has the 3 to 4x's stretch when it flowers. and you get a plant like this..
ECSD x TK is a massive girl.jpg
stacked buds.jpg

ECSD X White Runtz by G & M..

Funny you mention this. I do this all the time. Started about 15yrs ago when my height was super restricted. Some grow just as you expect, finish around 2ft and can be trimmed into a single cola..

Then, every once in a while you get that pheno that has the 3 to 4x's stretch when it flowers. and you get a plant like this..
View attachment 323299View attachment 323300
ECSD X White Runtz by G & M..

So you regularly just do 12/12 for your grows?

As I see it there seems to be even less maintenance doing the 12/12 and I just need the quality I don’t need the quantity.

Not regularly.. when I started these I already had plants in flower under 12/12 in a tent side by side.. so to avoid light leaking over I started the new batch on 12/12 of which some were Autos.. crazy batch for sure.

2 of the ECSD x TK did the normal and stayed relatively small with no veg. then you get the plants that show 3x's the stretch when you flip them, those are the ones that still get a nice size to them. clones would be better as you already know these traits, otherwise hit and miss.

I did do this for years when I had a very short ceiling. Cool part is it worked pretty well.. every once in a while you stunt a plant, best to cull them suckers out.

If you have limited height and prefer a Sativa dom strain of like 60/40 or 70/30 I highly recommend this...
even topping her too, trust me when a plant has this kind of stretch it works just fine.

Just grow indica and cut off the lower shoots and don't top.

Bubba

:) :)

I have to stand on a ladder to hug my grandson at six/one :)

I have batteries hooked up to my spine

I have about 22-26 wires from my spine to certain parts on my left side of my body and to my brain, they have paddles on the ends of them

I charge my body just like a wireless cell phone

Latest posts

Back