1200W AutoGrow for Medicinal Users (suggestions warmly invited).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetrahydr0

Reaction score
Hello All,

This will be my first auto grow, as you may or may not know this is a project I have decided to do so that I can give some relief to people from there ailments and pain in country where it is not available.

If you would like to know more about that please visit here:
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/introduce-yourself/146151-finally.htmlhttp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56975&highlight=Tetrahydr0

It would be great if you could jump in wherever you see fit to add suggestions and I would greatly appreciate any tips. Although I have done a grow before it was for fun with amateur equipment.
Ok, the equipment that I am using is is:
Blockbuster Air-cooled hood with a Magnum XXXL Air-cooled hood both 600w and powered by two Lightwave digital ballasts.
Carbon filter with insulated ducting and extraction. Room is sealed with reflective coating and extraction and ventilation are in order. For the seedlings I have a 24inch fluorescent tube.
I planted a mixture of Diemos, Big Devil, El Diavlo all feminized with some regular auto Russian Rocket Fuel plus two White Russian seeds that I found.

I germinated them on Wednesday morning and potted them in the evening. After 3 days I transplanted them into larger buckets and put them under the lights (24).

Because of my location no equipment, supply shops or any form of marijuana material is available.
I suppose the questions I have is regarding the watering and the nutrients (as I can’t get them here). I water if I can get my finger in the soil an inch and it is still dry.
However, should I start nutes after the first 2 weeks. Below are some pics taken over the past few days.

Thanks in advance.

Having trouble uploading the pics as they are too large but can also be found on other forums I have posted the same thread on.

If you want to see any I will try and resize and post them.

Tetrahydr0 said:
Having trouble uploading the pics as they are too large

Easy way to resize pictures so that you can upload them.

After changing the size to a max of 1200 x 1200 (for jpg) just save the file and you will be good to go.

This is done on Windows 7 however it can be done on any version of windows as they all come with paint. Only thing is the "resize" button isn't located in the same place.

Anyways, GreenMoJo on your grow!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Brilliant, thanks a lot Sprada, very nice quick way, doing it now :)

No problem :)

2-3 weeks is the best time to start nutes from what I understand. As for your location problem with not being able to buy the things you need you could always look around on eBay and other such places and you should be able to find them on there no problem.

:48:

Some more :hubba:

Ok maybe not getting this error message:
Pic5.jpg:
Your file of 750.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 488.3 KB for this filetype.

Will try downsizing again, really need your opinions guys.

Nice looking setup!

I will say one thing though which is something someone also said to me on here; you should fill your buckets up to the top with soil to give the roots plenty of room to grow into. Might save you having to transplant at some point if the roots get potbound.

Your not the first to tell me, I ran out of budget and tried to fill them as much as I could.

Do you think it will be an issue?

Also Humidty ranges between 45-60% while my temps are a
little high ranging from 28-32.5 Degrees Celcius. (Its 35 outside so hard to keep it down)

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

Yeah that's the same reason which mine were not all filled to the top aswell, it isn't an issue really it just means at some point the plant might need transplanting into a bigger pot which has more soil in it.

Everything looks good though, very clean and tidy!

Thanks, I liked your journal too, still half way through it at the mo. Looking nice and green :D

Tetrahydr0 said:
Thanks, I liked your journal too, still half way through it at the mo. Looking nice and green :D

Thanks! Yeah I'm still a noobie myself lol my 2 girls in flowering are coming a long very nice though, I should take some new pics and update it.

Hey all, this is the second update of the grow.
So far I haven’t suffered too many issues and although I have a high temp(Average at 32) they seem to be keeping well.
They are 18 days old today and they started their nutes around 4 days ago. Due to lack of choice I have went for Grow plus all-purpose liquid plant food 15 + 10 + 15 (+2) for Ornamental Plants it recommends 7.5ml – 2 litres and for a Vegetable Garden 7.5ml 1 litre. I put 7.5ml in 4 litres (3/4plants) and have raised it a couple of ml for today. It says on the bottle to add it every two weeks, I am using this small dosage every 2 days when watering. I did notice some salt residue on the surface of 2/3 plants earlier today.
I have some small leaf turning but putting this down to the high temps in the room humidity is ranging from 50-60% temps are between 32-34. There is a nice smell building in the room already.

How do you think they are looking?

Also as there were 10 regular automatic Russian Rocket Fuel I am expecting some males – any timelines for autos to start showing their sex?
Many thanks all,

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I will have to rezize the others as they are still too large, will get on it.

Tetrahydr0 said:
Also as there were 10 regular automatic Russian Rocket Fuel I am expecting some males – any timelines for autos to start showing their sex?
Many thanks all,

18-21 days I believe....been a while since I hve run autos.

How big is your space? It looks quite large for 1200 watts.

I would also recommend a nutrient formulated for mj. I believe that the nutes you purchased will have too much N for your autos, which should be on more of a flowering nutrient. Virtually anything is available on line. Check out Fox Farm and General Hydroponics.

How many hours are you running your lights? What is your ventilation setup?

You hve a really nice set up and quite a bit of space....any reason you chose autos over keeping a Dank 12/12 mom and running clones off of her?

Please auto lovers hold the hate mail.....I am just asking a legitimate question....not hating on autos.

Hey Hamster, ok I should start checking around now then, hoping the sturdy bushy ones turn out to be ladies, thanks :) I went for Autos strictly due to the quick cycle, I had not researched much on the 12/12 from seed method so did not feel comfortable trying out. I also saw an amazing grow from 215medicine man on YouTube. He had amazing results.

To the Goddess; Space is around 2m x 3m, (hoping to fit another light in there, full spec about lights in first post). Lights are at 24 until Tuesday (Day 20) when I will reduce them to 20/4.

Kind of blew my budget but what NPK would you use for the Autos as of when they start to flower?

Many thanks both :)

Also never tried the mother plant running clones, will be something I look into, any pointers?

I would recommend getting your space smaller--like 2m x 1.5m. Two 600W are good for about 32-36 sq ft--you have about 65 sq ft, so you are underlit by almost 1/2.

What do you have for ventilation as your space seems to be getting warm?

I'm with Hamster on the autos, especially for medicinal use. I wouldn't recommend running 12/12 from seed either, though. You have enough space to set up both a mother/cloning/vegging space and a flowering space, which is what I would recommend. You should take some cutting from your White Russian (that is your only photo plant isn't it?). There are some good Stickies on cloning and you have plenty of room.

For flowering, you want nutes lower in N and higher in P.

Latest posts

Back