150w hps carboard grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbz415

Reaction score
first off let me say hi to everyone and its is my first time on this forum. Im using a grand wardrobe box and i running a 150w hps sunburst mini and i have 3 2" intake and exhaust and one 7" exhaust fan and a 6" fan up top blowing on the light to keep it cool and a 12" fan blowing the air around . After my last grow was a bust (male)View attachment IMG_3745.jpg

View attachment IMG_3743.jpg i got a cut of star dawg from dark hart nursery im growing 12/12 View attachment IMG_3745.jpg

View attachment IMG_3743.jpg

View attachment IMG_3765.jpg

View attachment IMG_3766.jpg

View attachment IMG_3767.jpg

if i am reading this correctly, and you have 6 fans with 150w light, then this is by far the most major case of overkill that i have ever seen... you are kidding right? otherwise, nice plant...

if i am reading this correctly, and you have 6 fans with 150w light, then this is by far the most major case of overkill that i have ever seen... you are kidding right? otherwise, nice plant...
hahaha theres only 1 real fan blowing on the plant and others are intake and exhaust and lol my bad a total of 5 fans if intake and exhaust counts lol:vap-Bong_smoker:

Good luck with your grow man, good start.

yes intake and exhaust count, 5 fans are still way too many. you dont need more than one exhaust and not that big 6" and a small oscillatin fan, and thats it

yes intake and exhaust count, 5 fans are still way too many. you dont need more than one exhaust and not that big 6" and a small oscillatin fan, and thats it

one fan is just for the hps light and one for the intake and 2 exhausts and one oscillating air Im shore its just fine not my first grow thanks tho

one fan is just for the hps light and one for the intake and 2 exhausts and one oscillating air Im shore its just fine not my first grow thanks tho

it is obvious from the plant's good health and the info that you gave, that it is not your first grow, and that your plants will be fine with this much ventilation. I guess that I can bring in my 2 foot greenhouse fan and still be fine. I am only saying that this is by far the highest ratio of venting/light watts that I have ever seen and I am only suggesting that you can save 3 fans for later use, because you are wasting power and fans with no return IMO, cheers :)

I am a little confused...is the large plant in the first pic the same plant plant in the subsequent pics, but younger?

I really do not understand your ventilation--you have way too many fans for the small space you are dealing with. And you cannot just really just use any kind of fans--different fans for different purposes. One decent fan for exhaust (centrifuge type) and one oscillating fan moving air around should suffice for a small cabinet. Can you explain your setup a bit better and let's see what we can do to streamline it and get rid of the extraneous fans not doing anything but eating up electricity. Is it possible to get some pics?

Your plant looks healthy and from the smaller pics, it appears to be a clone. What strain is it? When are you planning on flipping it?

I am a little confused...is the large plant in the first pic the same plant plant in the subsequent pics, but younger?

I really do not understand your ventilation--you have way too many fans for the small space you are dealing with. And you cannot just really just use any kind of fans--different fans for different purposes. One decent fan for exhaust (centrifuge type) and one oscillating fan moving air around should suffice for a small cabinet. Can you explain your setup a bit better and let's see what we can do to streamline it and get rid of the extraneous fans not doing anything but eating up electricity. Is it possible to get some pics?

Your plant looks healthy and from the smaller pics, it appears to be a clone. What strain is it? When are you planning on flipping it?
yea my bad on the pics still tryna get figure this forum and yes the bigger plant was my last grow that came out male now i have a clone of star dawg from bpg cannabis club and the reason for the fans the way i do is my deminsions are 22"x24"x46" and with my 150w hps in this small space its was geting hot now its runs at 79f-78f here are some pics of my setup....and the last pic is a old plant just to show the light setupView attachment IMG_1947.jpg

View attachment IMG_1948.jpg

View attachment IMG_1949.jpg

View attachment IMG_1956.jpg

View attachment IMG_1958.jpg

View attachment IMG_3683.jpg

How do you keep the light out of the fan holes when the lights off? I dont see any baffles just curious.

How do you keep the light out of the fan holes when the lights off? I dont see any baffles just curious.

Well the box is in my closet so when light are off its 100% dark in the and when lights on there isn't much light leak for me to worry about

Well the box is in my closet so when light are off its 100% dark in the and when lights on there isn't much light leak for me to worry about

that means that you are recirculating the same air in the same closet, not really exhausting even with all these fans, actually the more fan motors, the more heat buildup you will have in this closed setup. you need a way to exhaust outside, you can remove the intake fans and just make lightproof holes for passive intake, andput one exhaust fan with a lightproof hole to it

sounds too me like a lack of Co2

please tell us you have an extinguisher near by. All though the 150 dont put out the heat say a 1000 does its still bad practice in my mind

:48:

sounds too me like a lack of Co2

please tell us you have an extinguisher near by. All though the 150 dont put out the heat say a 1000 does its still bad practice in my mind

:48:
Lol do some research

I have and seen many bad grow in boxes such as this. I also see heat stress in your plants.

Best of luck

Lol do some research

Are you talking about you or ben doing research?

You do need better fans and you do need to draw air from somewhere that is not CO2 depleted. Unfortunately, CPU fans are poor choices for grow spaces. Cooling a large space like a 22 x 24 x 46 with a fan meant for a PC box just does not work well...as you are finding out.

Its not in that closet that's was at my gd house and every things have been going fine for me and has been for year

Latest posts

Back