16 oz. plastic cup grows

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up everyone. Just wanna say everyone's plants are looking great. Here is BillySue 18 days after breaking ground. As you can see he/she is starting to grow good now that he/she is under the light. He/she might look a bit droopy because he/she was just watered. Here is my updated pic. ;)

100_7962.jpg

alien lemme know how that goes with them led's, by the way, how much did u pay for em all together. herbi, aint no thang brotha, all in a days work, knowlage is power my friend :D yeah i guess the other plants did kinda mess that idea up, anyway u can isolate it under fluoro's?

edit, hey wait, u can still do it, all your doing is shifting hours around, similar to growing in alaska, i know of people in matanuska valley growing on there roof's with "similar" lighting regimen. albeit, iam pretty sure it will shock em(dont know) if i remember right, the plant needs the 12hour darkness period to tell it, its time to flower(the 8 hour regimen will give the same effect). if iam wrong someone correct me, i've been up for 26 hours and can barely see the screen.

Afternoon all, I'm probably going to trim my roots tonight, but before I do, I just want to ask something (thinking out loud more than anything).

Is there anyway that I can continue with my plant without trimming the roots, like feeding it a few times a day or perhaps give it some chemical that will help the roots take up the food more efficiently, or does rootbound mean no growth, full stop.

Sorry to be bothering you with silly questions ... thanks

I love this thread. RBH, shoot HGB a pm on that one incase he doesn't see this. After looking at his med grow journal and seeing his other plants that came out of solo cups, I'm sure he can tell you better than anyone.

I can't wait to see everyone's results...Keep postings pics!! I've seen all the ones posted so far too many times:p

Back again ... lol. Posted here 4 days ago saying how my baby didn't seem to be growing anymore, and i was getting ready to trim the roots. Well to make a long story short, i didn't and am not going too until I'm left with no other alternative. I've put the picture I took 4 days ago beside the one taken tonight. As you can see, there is plenty new growth.

It needs to be fed every day now. I'm giving it bat guana tea one day, biobizz organic grow the next, and the next day it will be flushed and just given water, and then it will start all over again.

The great thing about growing a plant in a container this small is that you can flush it in less than a minute :)

I have no idea what I'm doing, we'll just have to see what happens :eek:

View attachment 22021 View attachment 22022

say all,

plants are look'n great :)

been real busy here with spring and the farm chores so sorry about not responding much :eek:

Runbyhemp glad you waited on the root prune as it really isnt needed unless the plant wont flower ;) only had to do this a couple of times and one was in 1 tablespoon of soil for the grow.

the plant will stop growing upward at some point no matter the size of the pot it's in but root bound doesnt really mean anything bad ;) and is used by alot of micro growers to control plant size. keep an eye on the plant and feed as much as need be (daily for me)

from the pics you posted the plant looks to be right on shedule to me, expect to start flower little over a foot tall and finish at about 2.5 feet

our you bottom feeding it ? if not i would suggest to start since thats where the roots are....( I fill the soucer it's in every day and let the soil draw it up to the top)

my plant is show'n sex and has been since day 24 of veg :) and will update with a piccy in about a week... new digi should be here by then :rolleyes: mine didnt like ride'n on the truck bumper at highway speeds :mad:

peace all

Phew, am I glad you looked in HGB, I was getting a bit nervous there for a minute. Thanks for the advice on bottom feeding. I'll start it straight away.

ok, hi everyone
its just under 3 weeks old now, iv'e kept it on 12/12.
a few days ago i done some work on my grow room, and boarded up the walls (cus i'm in attic), now the temps have shot up to 90 degrees at times (in the day when the sun is shining) and the humidity is between 10-30%:eek: . iv'e got 2 fans going all the time. i guess im gonna have to get some extraction going and quick!!!
anyways here is a couple more pics, the tips of leaves have dried a bit, other than that it looks ok, its stoped stretching now, the nodes are staying closer together. oh yeh ive only given it water so far. over and out!! :cool:

BluntFullOfKush said:
How do u do that???

As opposed to watering the plant through the soil on top, let the pot sit in a saucer, or some shallow container which can hold water, and let it soak up its food through the bottom roots.

would this plastic cup grow work well for getting seeds?

Everybody's plants are looking good. :aok: I am really enjoying this thread.

DankCloset, I paid around $18 each for the LED lights.

Here is my update for this week:

This is the end of Week 1 under the LEDs and 12/12 (23 days total since surfacing). No sign of sex yet.

My little plant seems to like the new lights.

I just started feeding her today (Through the bottom. Thanks for the tip!). Up till now, it's just been water.

WSF2a.jpg

WSF2b.jpg

WSF2c.jpg

WSF2d.jpg

Oh, I bailed out to let you guys know. My soil mix was way too hot for seedlings and I watered her with a light tea. She shriveled up within 24 hours. Bummer, but lesson learned.

Whats up everyone. All the plants are looking great guys. DLtoker bummer man but hey toss in another seed if ya got one. ;) Anyway here is BillySue 25 days after breaking ground. Not sure if you can see it but we have some purple going on in the center of the plant. Also in 3 days BillySue will be going into flower. :aok:

100_7982.jpg

100_7986.jpg

hey guys. man i'm loving being involved in this thread. All the plants are lookin great and are getting mighty big mighty fast. i would consider myself to be a rather unexperienced grower so i did not expect these plants to get very big. they are already exceeding my expectations. This is my 2nd grow season and so far im very happy with my current results. Seems like i'm doing everything right this time. No stress so far and the nodes are much closer together than my first grow. Best of luck to everyone. Day 16 and here is little Sinsemilla.

BR41N-ST3W

NJG 001.1.jpg

NJG 002.1.jpg

NJG 003.1.jpg

here's one thats not mine... afgani in a cup

this dude can grow thats for sure....... thx for let'n me post yas pics NDS and hope to see ya about here :)

affy1lrge.jpg

HGB said:

this dude can grow thats for sure....... thx for let'n me post yas pics NDS and hope to see ya about here :)

Say what? NDS stopping by? Fabulous.:smoke1:

Great job everyone.:cool:

HGB said:

Hey CB, no problem at all bro. To stay true to the thread tho, it should be pointed out that plant was from clone. Tell ya what tho, Ima watch this thread bro, quite a few different things happening here.

Keep it green solo growers.

Hey Eman, good to see you too bro.

subb'd

Is it too late for me to join in??

I have 14 solo cup plants going right now. 2 that I started earlier in other containers that have been transplanted into solo cups and 12 that are from seed started in solo cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back