18/6 lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
So ive always used 24 lights on for veg but i was thinking to switching to 18/6 so save a little electric. Anybody use this over 24 hours . would it hurt switching bewtween 24 hour lights to 18/6? thankx everyone

I've downgraded from 24/0 to 18/6 before without a problem.... I think they'll be fine....

I can't tell ya what the difference would be because I have never used 24 but I don't have any problem with veg. on 18/6. Is this the first time vegging HPS?

Well i think ill keep my closet fluro /cfl set up for my vegging room and am going to use the HPS for my flowering attic. But yes this is the first time anything hps lol

cool fusible so im going to do that for sure. It seems more natural to me, uses less energy, and still produces agood vegitation. I dont know why i didn't do this alont time ago lol.

Growing plants under 18/6 instead of 24/0 doesn't save energy.

It takes the same hours of light to achieve a certain result.

Inotherwords, plants grow faster under 24/0 than they do under 18/6.

Using an 18/6 cycle instead of 24/0 means it will take you longer to get buds, with no savings in Kw usage.

Latest posts

Back