18/6 or 24/0 veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaloveplasma

Reaction score
So what are the pros and cons of these light schedules. I know people say 18/6 is it because of electric costs or I'd it better plant development? Or does plant develop better under 24/0?

24 /0 unless you need a dark period to help with heat issues. Cannabis does not need a dark period during veg.

Wow unanimous I thought everyone was going to say 18/6. So 24/0 it is thank you guys. So 18/6 is only to deal with heat or electric costs.

Just heat.
Cost more to run 18/6 because you need to run a longer veg to get the same results as 24/0.

24/0

No question

You can also get some unnecessary stretch with 18/6. MJ needs NO rest period during veg. :aok:

I use 18/6 during cloning because the night cycle helps promote root growth. After the roots are developed, I go 24/0.

We have learned a lot about cannabis since I started growing. We used to always use 18/6 because we did not know that cannabis did not need a rest period. However, like mentioned, now most of use 24/0 because of what we now know about cannabis and how it grows. I do want to do some research to see if Hackerman's theory is correct--that you get better root development if you start out at 18/6 and then go to 24/0. But right now, I do like everyone else and veg 24 hours a day. I just think of the 18/6 light schedule as "old school" and only used by those that don't really understand how cannabis grows.

Latest posts

Back