18/6 to 24 light?/!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widairyfarms

Reaction score
Hi I switched about Friday from 18/6 light cycle to 24 hr constant light and two plant of ten have stated to get brown spots on the leaves. The other plants are growing at an increased rate. One under a cfl the other under a 250w mh. Temp is good and so is air movement. I have been trying to keep the changes to a minimum. Any advice?

View attachment 1412552027512.jpg

View attachment 1412552007579.jpg

That looks like you either got water on the leaves and left the lights on and it burned the leaves, real easy and common error, or you have a pH issue happening. I would bet the pH off your soil is off. What kind off water do you use? have you tesed the water to see what the TDS and pH are? Do you feed with solution yet?

Yeah the light schedule switch had zero to do with whatever is going on. I am with Hush. What kind of soil and you have not fed them yet, right?

Leaf burn from foliar feeding left on a leaf or water is a very good possibly. The other plants are really jumping with the foliar solution. I have been watering at the base of the plants or at the edge of the canopy to encourage the roots to keep growing out. I made real compost tea from my pile (its over 7 yrs old so its very good compost). I just picked up some kelp meal solution, would that be warranted? I haven't twisted pH yet but I will later today. No bugs or fungi. Should I let the soil go totally dry between waterings Cuz they are really drying the soil faster than ounce every three days now? I also picked up some humid acid as well I will post in two hours after pH testing(water is good).
Widairyfarms

I believe Kelp meal is good for supporting root growth specifically but also good for other stuff as well. You don't want to let them go totally dry as the small root hairs can dry and die. but you want to allow it to get considerably dry. Usually, you can make a hole in the soil to stick your finger into, down to your middle knuckle to feel the level of moisture. Some here lift their plants when they are very dry and then again after watering so that they get a feel for the weight. I watch and feel my soil. Others actually watch the plants and can see the subtle differences when the soil gets dry and they are getting thirsty. You will learn to do this as well if you watch your plants a lot.

Tested pH its mid 6 / 6.5 ish so we're good there. My water is 6. And from a well. It must be the foliar causing damage to the leaves.

I would quit with the foliar feeding. There is no real advantage to this unless you have a bad deficiency. And as you can see, there ARE downsides. If you continue to use foliar feeding, you will continue to get brown spots on your leaves. Nutrient drops left on the leaves while the lights are on WILL burn the leaves and cause necrosis--dying of part of the leaf. If you stop foliar feeding, this will go away. If you keep foliar feeding, this will continue to happen.

It is a mistake to just put things into your soil without understanding what it will do.

You do not need to pH your water if you are growing organic.

I also recomend no foliar feed ever unless a deficency. It only causes trouble

Latest posts

Back