18/6 vs 24hrs lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
OK OK I know this is a conflict of interest. But ive always ran my lights 24 hrs. Although it just makes more sence to me that the plants would be much happier if they had a break from the lights everyday. Can anyone tell me if it would hurt my babies if i changed my lights over to 18/6. I truly think they would be much happier? Please people im starting to freak out a little. Please reply.

I've allways used 18/6.
It wont hurt anything.

There are good arguements on both sides of the issue. "I" believe that the plants are capable of and will utilize as many hours of light as they recieve.
I hear ppple say that they experience faster growth under 18/6. I believe this is due to stretching for the light during the dark period and NOT actually beneficial growth. In my experience, I get better results under 24/0. The same amount of nodes, but closer together. No stretch.

Hick,
Thanks for the detailed reply. And that does make sence that they would strech for the lights during off time. Well what if i had the lights running 22hours on 2 hours of, to reduce strectch but to also give them a break? What do you guys think of this idea?

Latest posts

Back