19w LED light worth using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven.m.ford

Reaction score
I'm about to launch my first low-key grow. I'm not investing in tents and venting, etc. But I do have a low-heat 19W LED grow light. Would that be worth using, or is it too little light to make much of a difference? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Steven U need much more light !-- Don't skimp on light !- Get U a 1,000 watt LED grow light - Cost U maybe $175 --
Everything else U can get cheap on !-- Good soil (FFOF) - Good light and good genetics is the way to go !- You'll need a timer for your light - and fans to move air around for the plants - Have to choose a variety but might be best to practice germing some bag seed !- !- To do your best U need a good grow environment - U gonna get what U give to a plant !
Nature and Nurture - The genetics and the environment !
Good luck to U !

No, it is not even close to enough light. When it comes to lighting you can't skimp. Be prepared to spend at least 100 to 150 bucks on a semi-good light that will provide enough lumens. I would also rethink getting a tent and an exhaust fan. I tried to go the super cheap route when I first started and I failed.

And don't skimp on ventilation. In a properly managed grow space there is a direct positive mathematical correlation between watts in and grams out.
But without ventilation the math is easier - the output is always zero grams because your plants will die young and miserably.

Ventilation is one of those places people often think that they can scrimp on, but plants need a continual supply of fresh air (actually CO2) for proper photosynthesis.

I can understand someone wanting to be able to do a grow inexpensively, but there are simply some things that you need, that are not optional, like good light and ventilation. I think you will also find it very hard to keep your space 100% dark without a tent. I'm also going to try and encourage you to get good seeds from a breeder and not use bagseed.

You can build a tent or room-within-a-room using 2x3 lumber and Panda film, which is great stuff . Then instead of the off the shelf tent dimensions commonly available, you can make something that fits your space and your ambitions perfectly. The bonus is you can make it all the way up to the ceiling to take advantage of strong joists to anchor your hanging hooks and give yourself more headroom to work in. Tents are useful whether bought or built!:)

Latest posts

Back