1st Attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trfsrfr

Reaction score
This is what I've got going;
25 days from sprout.
Soil mixture of MG potting soil, perilite, worm castings, mushroom compost, and a scoop of sand and dirt from the backyard.
Tented under a Mars TS1000 and 2 LED bulbs, 18/6. 82F, RH 35%.
I have the GH 3-part nutrient pack. I wasn't planning on using them until I saw signs of needing them, but they accidentally got a 1/4 strength shot 2-3 watering's ago. Just been using bottled spring water since. PH is around 6-7.
I dont know much about the strain other than Klondike Cookies. Still haven't determined sex.
20210614_143833_HDR.jpg20210618_100605.jpg20210618_100640.jpg20210618_100701.jpg
Questions comments welcome.

They look really healthy, very compact with a nice colour. I´m a big fan of spring water too. I have a plant as tall as me and still can´t be certain what sex it is, though I have my suspicions ...
In a few weeks you will be able to take clones to keep the ball rolling, and hedge your bets in case you have some males.
Two seasons back, ALL my crop turned out to be male. Now I buy feminised seeds, because I grow outdoors, and local growers would not appreciate pollen blowing in the wind. With clones you´ll be able to continue on a rolling basis, and you´ll know they are female. Good luck.

Impressive! I say stay on track with your gut instincts. This Is interesting to me because I am really winging it with cheap Ace Hardware potting soil, Miracle Gro slow release and liquid BGI Supergain.

I have a plant as tall as me and still can´t be certain what sex it is
What? Really? Is that normal? I'm waiting patiently to see which ones I have to get rid of.
I am really winging it with cheap Ace Hardware potting soil, Miracle Gro slow release and liquid BGI Supergain.
Your's look good too.
I'm trying to stick with the KISS method. It's a weed and it grows anywhere.
Put it in dirt, add water and light.
This is all just a big experiment for me so even if I get minimal yield I'll be happy.

"What? Really? Is that normal?"
Not at all, but it´s a funny season. It was an odd seed left over from last year´s crop.
I have another six footer which is beginning to flower around 10 weeks-- surely a bit big for an auto.

I have another six footer which is beginning to flower around 10 weeks-- surely a bit big for an auto.
I dont have room for a 6 footer, lol!
So I think I'll be topping mine next Wed. That'll be 4 weeks old.
I dont even know if mine are auto or photo.

5 days later and these things are growing fast!
Topped them today.
What's next?!
20210629_152648.jpg
20210629_194245_HDR.jpg

flip lights to 12/12 and they will sex out in bout 3 weeks! thayd be done showing sex if thay were autos so id say there not autos!

I guess thats my next decision - how long to let them veg?
At this point it's basically up to me to decide how big I want them to be, yes?
Shoot for 1/3 the height of my tent?
Am I correct in this line of thought?

Gonna need to transplant here soon.
5 gal buckets or 3 gal grow bags?
I have both.

I could also order some 5 gallon bags...

Last edited:
I guess thats my next decision - how long to let them veg?
At this point it's basically up to me to decide how big I want them to be, yes?
Shoot for 1/3 the height of my tent?
Am I correct in this line of thought?

a lot of plants will stretch 2-3 times the height they are when flipped into flower , so unless you have grown these before , plan on them being 2-3 times taller

i might top my plants before flipping to flower

i would go with the 5 gallon buckets

I just topped mine above the 6th node and gave them a good health drink.
I think I'm gonna let them veg for another week, then transplant into the buckets.
Then veg another week, then flip.
That'll be 6 weeks veg time.
Unless of course they get way too big, then I'll flip earlier.

Had a little lighting project the past couple days.
I just received four 12" LED panels, and I have my Mars TS1000, I wanted a way to keep them all level and be able to lower them all evenly.
I found some aluminum flat bar lying around and came up with this space-lab looking thing;
Thoughts?

20210630_230616.jpg20210701_001308.jpgLED_Setup.jpg

I have 6 plants growing.
4 are just over 30 days old, two are 2 weeks old.
Of the four big ones, one started out green but turned yellow in the first week.
Of the 2 newer ones, ones went yellow right away.

I picked up a cheap PH thing from Walmart and it looks like it ranges from around 7 to 7.5.
Are these accurate enough?
Do I need to be concerned about this?

3 of the big green ones are doing really well, with lots of nodes, but that yellow one seems to be lagging.
Will the yellow one still produce?

My soil is part MG potting soil, part mushroom compost, part worm castings and some perilite.
Lights are all LED (main one a Mars TS1000) about 22" away from the tops (see above post for pics)
Food is GH 3-part, mixed at the medium recommendation for soil.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

20210703_164328.jpg
20210703_164311_HDR.jpg
20210703_164303_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Ph sounds a little high but I’m a noob too.
Are you testing ph of water and nutrients your feeding?

I tested the water with those colored strips. It was around the 6-7 range, but I'm also colorblind so that might not be super accurate.
I'll retest with the meter.
I have not tested the PH of the water after adding nutrients.

You can get a fairly cheap digital online
image.jpg

That’s the first one I had but didn’t trust it so bought a better one but my old one is still on point.

I add my nutes to water then ph after to 6.5.
And adjust the ph of my water to 6.5 if I’m not feeding and just watering.

Thanks, but I'm done spending for now.
I've already got about $500 more into this than I had originally planned.
This was supposed to be just an experiment, but then I went all in, lol!

Latest posts

Back