1st grow ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish said:
... if i was chopping anything, it's all or nothing. if its already there, and already being treated to slow it with milk/water, i'd give that time to work, while i watch to see what it does, and it may slow/stop it enough to reach harvest date.

can you show a good pic of this problem? one with out big lights on, and a flash? have you seen pm before to be able to correctly diagnose it is truely pm?

i've never had pm, but have seen it many times, so anything i say on it is all hearsay. and something else i've heard used on this is sodium bicarbonate. chemical sprays are not always the best choice for everyone.

i agree with jb on cleaning thoroughly with peroxide/water. i always clean my pots with that after harvest, then again later if i store them, before thier used again. i even wash all new pots with it. (now i just gotta keep those dead leaves off the floor:rolleyes: )...

for what its worth, for a first grow, we think your doing a great
job...peace...:cool:
Thank you guys sooo much for such a detailed answers. if my girls make it, it would b because of that :guitar:
Thank u for the resource guide link, i was gonna take a class @ oaksterdam, but i think u just gave me all the information.:)
I took some pics, will post, they r not clear though. But from what it looks like to me; small, white , powdery circles mostly on fan leafs and some buds....

Here are some not so clear pics. sorry my hands r getting in the way but that's the only way to point on a spot when taking pics with the phone.
i decided to go with a sulfur burner,(burned it two days in a row, two hours each day,will prob go for a couple more days ) i know people that used it that say u can't either smell it or taste...
either way, i'll know in a couple weeks
:watchplant:

2011-06-03_22-32-42_232.jpg

2011-06-03_22-33-07_968.jpg

2011-06-03_22-33-18_558.jpg

2011-06-03_22-33-27_808.jpg

2011-06-03_22-34-55_660.jpg

Look a lot better and more successful than my first grow :-D Good to see you have been reading before growing.. It sucks to always learn things the hard way.

RiskyPack said:
Look a lot better and more successful than my first grow :-D Good to see you have been reading before growing.. It sucks to always learn things the hard way.
Thank u RiskyPack, i did mess up a lot, like spaced out on the feeding schedule, and left them thirsty a few times :eek: yours look a lot greener (more leafs) at the end...

jbyrd said:
Right on :) When you finish this run, treat everything in your veg area with the immunox and you should be good to go as long as you've meticulously cleaned everything.

As for treating after your harvest, you can use a 1:10 ratio of peroxide/water instead of the nicotine method. The peroxide will kill the spores more efficiently than nicotine. Any bud that has PM on it is trash. If you have another week or two left, I would go ahead and whack the ones that are affected now to get as much of the PM out of your area as possible.
Hi there, do i spray them with peroxide b4 or after i cut them?

that_girl said:
Here are some not so clear pics. sorry my hands r getting in the way but that's the only way to point on a spot when taking pics with the phone.
i decided to go with a sulfur burner,(burned it two days in a row, two hours each day,will prob go for a couple more days ) i know people that used it that say u can't either smell it or taste...
either way, i'll know in a couple weeks
:watchplant:

Be careful with that, there is a thread you should read in the "Announcements" forum about using a cell phone for pictures.

That said, very nice for a first time grow!!

high everyone :) sooooo...... it's a first day of the 11th week... this strain suppose to flower for 10 weeks and i cant see a damn thing in the magnifying device that i have. sometimes it looks like the trichomes r mostly clear and sometimes like they r 20-30% amber.... do i just cut them?
another thing, i want to try and re-veg them, because despite all the abuse that i've done to them the buds look fat and feel really firm, and boy do they smell :hubba: but at this point there is no leafs on the bottom and for that matter not that many leafs left at all.. any suggestions?

SunWolf said:
Be careful with that, there is a thread you should read in the "Announcements" forum about using a cell phone for pictures.

That said, very nice for a first time grow!!
oh God :doh: that was stupid of me, took the location tag off. Thank u!!!

Hi there! I would pic up a jewelers loupe for checking trichs, something at least 20x preferably a little stronger.

As for reveg, I am sure you will hear other ideas on this...but I really think its' a waste of time and energy on an indoor grow. Unless you are trying to save a strain that you didn't clone, it's just not worth it imho.

As for harvesting, are you 11 weeks from 12/12 or from firs show of flower? If you are 11 from 12/12 then I would say you have a couple of days to get a proper magnification tool so you can be sure that they are ready for the chop.

Either way, I think you are most definitely close :) Yay for the impending buds!

that_girl said:
oh God :doh: that was stupid of me, took the location tag off. Thank u!!!

:aok: No problem, we're all here to look out for and help each other!

As for looking at your trichs, there is a thread on the Harvesting forum: hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56319 that talks about a great little scope. A lot of the folks there say they like it better than the little jewels loupes or the one from Radio Shack. I have no personal knowledge about that one, but an going to order one asap.

jbyrd said:
Hi there! I would pic up a jewelers loupe for checking trichs, something at least 20x preferably a little stronger.

As for reveg, I am sure you will hear other ideas on this...but I really think its' a waste of time and energy on an indoor grow. Unless you are trying to save a strain that you didn't clone, it's just not worth it imho.

As for harvesting, are you 11 weeks from 12/12 or from firs show of flower? If you are 11 from 12/12 then I would say you have a couple of days to get a proper magnification tool so you can be sure that they are ready for the chop.

Either way, I think you are most definitely close :) Yay for the impending buds!
i didn't clone this strain, it's suppose to b original og, i have no way of knowing for sure i didnt grow it from seeds.. i do wanna keep it though...
it is exactly 10 weeks and 1 day from 12/12... wish i could post pics of trichomes

SunWolf said:
:aok: No problem, we're all here to look out for and help each other!

As for looking at your trichs, there is a thread on the Harvesting forum: hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56319 that talks about a great little scope. A lot of the folks there say they like it better than the little jewels loupes or the one from Radio Shack. I have no personal knowledge about that one, but an going to order one asap.
Thank you Sun Wolf :) i saw that thread, that lil thing is on my wish list as well, sucks it takes 20 days to ship..

i wont bore u with too many crappy pics, but here is one... leafs r almost dead :( and the steams look like they start to turn purple...

2011-06-16_09-27-27_230.jpg

That looks like it would be a tough reveg but if you want to try and keep her around then you gotta try right? :)....Just doesn't look like too much healthy vegetation to sustain her after a harvest for a reveg.

jbyrd said:
Right on :) When you finish this run, treat everything in your veg area with the immunox and you should be good to go as long as you've meticulously cleaned everything.

As for treating after your harvest, you can use a 1:10 ratio of peroxide/water instead of the nicotine method. The peroxide will kill the spores more efficiently than nicotine. Any bud that has PM on it is trash. If you have another week or two left, I would go ahead and whack the ones that are affected now to get as much of the PM out of your area as possible.
Jbyrd, do i spray peroxide b4 or after i cut them?

I would go right at cut, don't saturate anything, just a fine mist on affected areas and get fans on it right away to help dry quickly.

Latest posts

Back