1st grow few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive grown outdoors for a few years now and i think that it is important to remember that we are growing a weed....last year i had good results and i never ferted once...also i just planted them in the regular soil....remember that once you have them out and theyve gained some growth you really dont have to bother them unless its insanley dry or you have to kill a male...just remember if you dont get good nutes then you might be better off using nothing or only ferting once or twice over the whole growing season...good luck

ftw2012 said:
ive grown outdoors for a few years now and i think that it is important to remember that we are growing a weed....last year i had good results and i never ferted once...also i just planted them in the regular soil....remember that once you have them out and theyve gained some growth you really dont have to bother them unless its insanley dry or you have to kill a male...just remember if you dont get good nutes then you might be better off using nothing or only ferting once or twice over the whole growing season...good luck

yeh im taking a minimalistic approach, not going to go mad on nutes but a few times through the season at diluted levels.

found some stuff in my shed that is 5-2-5 but it is a generic brand basicly wal mart brand substitute over here. is there any difference?

also heres a photo of the leaf damage

any idea what this is? removal of leaves necessary? this was a few days ago so could be worse or better by now i wont know for a while
just looks like nibbles to me..

DSCF2893.gif

course of action?

was reading a sticky on here about them a few hours ago said they werent too much of a problem outdoors.. true? or maybe just compared to indoor grows.

Marijuana is not a weed and if you want to get the most out of it, you do need to take care of it. There is a huge difference between the plants being "okay" and producing dank bud. I would recommend fertilizing regularly, especially during flowering.

I am not sure that what you have is spider mites. Check the underside of the leaves for the little buggers and/or their eggs. They are very small, almost microscopic. What are the dark things on the leaves?

i will fertilise but those 6 are far away so i dont get to see them as much. two closer will be taken care of (unless theyre male).

at the time i looked underneath and saw nothing really it was a liltle light on the other side of where they were white on top but didnt see any bugs/eggs. the dark things are just specks of dirt, probably off my shoes removed them before i left anyway.

would you trust generic brand 5-2-5 nutes? or could they be harsh and not worth the risk.
still planning to get some online at some point but im very busy at the moment so would be handy if these would do for a bit anyway.

will have another look when i get a chance and see if its progressed anyway.

just some pics as an update. 6 left now two runts just got the chop, one plant is showing weird leaves but has always been a weird one also stressed with aphids etc. i planted these four too close together i think might try to LST them but for now theyre growing away fine anyway.

DSCF3126.gif

DSCF3145.gif

They look a lil N hungry.....other then that not too bad looking at all.

yeh still looking for something decent, been giving them nutes that have like 7-7-7 and 5-3-5 so less than ideal and just started with a bit of seaweed. had no ingredients, ill find something better anyway looking again this week.

still no sex though any guess to how long that should take? shoots at all nodes but no pistils or anything that could become them yet.

When you start seeing alternating nodes you will know they are sexually mature and pre flowers can start showing at anytime...keep an eye out for them.

I'm with THG, I am unsure also that what you have there is spider mites. The mites sign will be white/yellow dots (pin head size or smaller) spaced out, not so bunched up as that. Outdoors you can get spider mites, I had them very bad last year.

If you are gonna LST them, head on and do it. If you are in the Northern Hemisphere, you have about four weeks or so to veg.

Looking good Bogart. I also recommend nutes, especially in flower. Good luck to you.

cheers, yeh i havent seen anything on those plants since then.

i come from the north. forgot had to LST in veg will get on it, this time at least i only want to spread them out a bit, no drastic change just give them some more space and light.

is it too late to top? gonna go read up about all that again anyway but just wondering. i fancied trying it on one plant to see the difference unless its not much use now.

I don't tear any leaves off my plants. I usually let them fall off outdooors or indoors cause then your just creating a spot the plant has to heal. If it's 50percent dead then its still 50 percent alive. let nature do its course on something like that..

semi-update, 6 out of 6 females, hopefully no hermis pop up. plants are about 5 foot but might not finish due to terrible weather and planting too late. harvest pics to come if i get anything anyway.

Pictures would be awesome! Hope all is going well

The Hemp Goddess said:
Marijuana is not a weed and if you want to get the most out of it, you do need to take care of it. There is a huge difference between the plants being "okay" and producing dank bud. I would recommend fertilizing regularly, especially during flowering.

Exactly were growing quality product here. To get the most out of it you got to put the most into it.

drfting07 said:
Pictures would be awesome! Hope all is going well

here you go,

these two plants are behind the 4 best ones by about a week id guess and those are much bigger but theyre in another location so i only have pics of these two for now.

out of six plants i got six females, no hermies so far anyway. pretty good for bagseed, still have around 50 left might plant them out in the wilderness next spring and see what happens.

i know theyre early in flower but how long does it look like they have left. have had a really bad "summer" and not long left till it gets frosty but any slim chance of me getting these finished?
i got some canna terra nutes btw.
i will be happy getting anything off of these.

IMG_2229.gif

IMG_2214.gif

IMG_2215.gif

Latest posts

Back