1st grow... indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem 1stinline...you shld start a thread with any questions you hve and people will be more then willing to help you out...that's what we do here...

just went tru da whole 1st grow i'll catch ur 2nd n 3rd later
just wanna say Way To Go Bro!!!
i'll be doing the same one day for now cfl...lol
peace

Dr. Robertsozki said:
just went tru da whole 1st grow i'll catch ur 2nd n 3rd later
just wanna say Way To Go Bro!!!
i'll be doing the same one day for now cfl...lol
peace

Thanks Doc...I learned a lot that first grow...

hey dude in your pic it looks like you have something from stealth hydro.i was wondering i am having a problem with the hose manifold .it won't stay in place is there a proper fitting that goes on the submersilbe pump so the hose will stay upright and not want too turn. it seem it does not want stay in place.

grimmboss said:
hey dude in your pic it looks like you have something from stealth hydro.i was wondering i am having a problem with the hose manifold .it won't stay in place is there a proper fitting that goes on the submersilbe pump so the hose will stay upright and not want too turn. it seem it does not want stay in place.

Yeah that's where I got that piece of junk...there was no fitting...it just attached over the lil nub...I pushed it on as far as it wld go...maybe if you glue your airstone to the bottom it will be less likely to come off? I hve not use that crap since my first grow..you can build better DWC setups yourself with parts from petsmart and home depot...

Hamster Lewis said:
Well it's my first grow indoors on a limited budget that seems to get bigger and bigger as i realize just how much is needed to do this properly... Bought some seeds online 1st...which was a mistake because having the seeds and no DWC hydro setup at the time left me bored and I germinated 2 of the "free" bonus seeds that were thrown in with the purchase in soil... I had these under 100 watt cfl's i bought from Lowes setup in one of the bathrooms until I cld come up with a grow cabinet...(my wife is very cool as she let me get away with this..lol) then the dwc kit came and I bought a cabinet from Lowes as well and put the 2 in soil in there with the hydro setup...I germinated 4 dutch dope seeds and put them in rockwool cubes in the DWC... only 2 took so after a week I germinated 2 more and put those in the 2 remaining cubes...so I pretty much hve 2 in soil at 5 weeks and 2 in the DWC at 2.5 weeks and the other 2 are at about a week... so that is where I am at...:)

At this point i hve figured out that i need to come up with an area for flowering as the grow cabinet is now too small for 6 plants..(not that I hve sexed them and know they are all female)... but even so I have 2 plants that will provided they are female be ready to flower way b4 the others...So I ordered a 600W HPS with digital ballast from HTGsupply and will create a flowering area in my attic since it is still winter and it's not hot up there now... They have all been vegged with CFL's from another hydro store..(pics included)
Just wanted to get peeps feedback... I know I hve probably made many mistakes but thats ok... this is my first grow and I am willing to make mistakes in order to learn.... Thanks

We learn from our mistakes................I am determined to have a nice, good grow. I refuse to give up.

Hungarian Gypsy said:
We learn from our mistakes................I am determined to have a nice, good grow. I refuse to give up.

Lol...this is an oldie but a goodie. Fun memories for sure. Every grow since for me has been a learning experience for me and I hope it stays that way. Part of the fun is learning new things and figuring out why certain things tend to happen at certain times or under certain conditions.

Don't ever gve up....good for you HG.

het Hamster im looking to start a new grow. but space is limeted and time is of the ecense so i wanna go with some autos. I like strong indicas or sativas what do you recommend? also did you notice your tempeture and humidity meter reads One 8 7 and 4 2 0 1-87.4 20 lol the made me laugh take care good friend!

here is the picture the one 87.4 20
187 420
you are always killing the competition
bring out the plastic bags:eek:

o yeah!.JPG

o yeah where did you get your autos from? is it safe, discret I dont want my next door eighboor to know he is a law enforcemnt yikes! lol i dont care im always real careful always have to be k buddy let me know what u up to where u at links? whats your newest creation. u have come long ways my friend hope to hear from you soon laters

The Dr has dug up my first grow....:)

I didn't notice the numbers 420 in that meter until you pointed it out....very cool. I am long removed from the world of Autos Dr....I don't see myself growing them again. I am a firm believer that you can get harvest from regular photo period plants almost as quick and the smoke will be of a higher quality, and the best part is you can hang onto an exact copy of your killer genetics via clone. I used to get my Auto beans from Dope-seeds but they don't ship to the US anymore last I heard. Herbies has good prices and a good selection of autos from what I hear.

i didn't even realize that we have been doing this for about the same amount of time..

neat thread

Hamster Lewis said:
The Dr has dug up my first grow....:)

I didn't notice the numbers 420 in that meter until you pointed it out....very cool. I am long removed from the world of Autos Dr....I don't see myself growing them again. I am a firm believer that you can get harvest from regular photo period plants almost as quick and the smoke will be of a higher quality, and the best part is you can hang onto an exact copy of your killer genetics via clone. I used to get my Auto beans from Dope-seeds but they don't ship to the US anymore last I heard. Herbies has good prices and a good selection of autos from what I hear.

good to hear from you... so my ext question is what seeds should I go with... Ive had some of the best genetics But right now I can only do seeds... I was thinking some auto be done in 2 months n stop growing till im running out but your idea makes me wanna try some regular seeds... do you have anything in mind? may be some blueberry by dj short huh? what else is there?

If you are just getting going, why not start a couple autos and a couple reg plants (separate containers)? You can veg the photoperiod plants with the autos while they are flowering. When the autos are done, you can flower the reg plants. Take some clones of the reg plants before you flower and you will have free plants.

that's a great idea perfect what strains tho there is so many. I was thinking

kc mango seeds are only 2 dollar each
and some bomb berry 4.50 each ( blueberry hybrid easier to grow)

theyll tro in some free seeds lemon skunk by green house feminized and some big bud

what else should I add

from the folowing choices:

blueberry
white widow
ak47
land race afghani kush
hindu kush
skunk #1

maybe a purple strain i love their flavors same with the blues
I love indicas
I love short plant and short finishes

there now im out of here