1st journal-Sensi Star/LA Ultra/NYC Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey bud, hows it going? The ladies are looking great, very healthy and happy. 11th generation clone huh, i need to learn how to do that. I really like the idea of having garunteed females. Do you grow all summer long SSF?

AluminumMonster said:
Hey bud, hows it going? The ladies are looking great, very healthy and happy. 11th generation clone huh, i need to learn how to do that. I really like the idea of having garunteed females. Do you grow all summer long SSF?

Hey AM, I'm doing great and thanks for the compliment on the ladies. I grow year round, temps are not a problem for me. I have my HPS lights on during daylight hours and on really sunny nice days I just switch off the lights and take the plants out onto a little private patio for sunlight. But even if I don't they are fine in the flowering closet, temps are still good.
If you keep mothers the more strains you have the more veg space you need for your moms. I now take clones off of my vegging plants about two weeks before I want to flower them. Two weeks later when I go to flower those plants the clones I took should be rooting and if I do not get enough of each strain to make me happy I will take a few extra clones right before starting to flower the vegging plants. The vegging plants go into flower and the rooted clones take their spot in the veg space, and the cycle repeats :) This gives my plants about two months of veg time before flowering, and my flower room can be turned over immediately after each grow and a new crop started.

-SSF-

Just spent some time in the garden today, snapped a few shots. :D

The NYC Diesel is on Day #36 of flower. I put a dime on the top to show the size of the cola top.
3-19-11 016.JPG 3-19-11 017.JPG

Sensi Stars are on Day #22, the buds are taking shape nicely and the leaves are still looking great, stretching towards the lights :)
3-19-11 008.JPG 3-19-11 010.JPG 3-19-11 009.JPG

And also the LA Ultra is on Day #22. She went through a ton of stretch like the Diesels did but her bud sites are finally starting to come in. She was just given a good watering so there are a few droopy leaves
3-19-11 023.JPG

-SSF-

Gixxerman420 said:
Halfway!:eek::shocked:NO WAY! That's awesome broman! I can't wait to see 8 weeks!:hubba:

Me either, it's already a jungle in there :)

-SSF-

Roddy said:
Great pics, I love it! Wish my camera would take as nice of shots as those! Oh...NICE BUDS, too LMAO...

Oh man I love this camera. When I want to check trichs to see if my plants are done flowering I don't need a magnifying glass or anything, I just take some pics and look at them on the computer. It's a great camera and pretty inexpensive. It also records video and sound. It is a "Canon PowerShot SD200 Digital Elph". I've had mine for years and love it. Thanks for dropping by the journal Roddy :)

-SSF-

Seeing that LA Ultra made me remember I bought a femmed seed in the Tudes promo. Thinking that will be in my next batch of seeds when everyone has theirs for the group grow.
Looks heavy Sat so I am guessing an 11 week flower? Have you grown it before?

woodydude said:
Seeing that LA Ultra made me remember I bought a femmed seed in the Tudes promo. Thinking that will be in my next batch of seeds when everyone has theirs for the group grow.
Looks heavy Sat so I am guessing an 11 week flower? Have you grown it before?

Hi woodydude,
LA Ultra by Resin Seeds is actually supposed to be a nearly pure Indica, which is why I am pretty surprised by the stretch and size of the fan leaves. It is definitely growing like a Sativa which sucks because I wanted to try another nearly pure Indica that stayed short and dense like my sensi stars. There is not much information at the seedbanks about it and today when I tried to go to Resin Seeds' website I was redirected as if their website no longer exists. I do know it is supposed to flower in 8 weeks, but will not be surprised if it takes longer. This is the first LA Ultra plant I have ever grown. Otherwise I would have kept it much shorter in anticipation of all the stretch at the onset of flower.

Thanks for dropping by the journal!
-SSF-

I'm a picture freak, it's a lot of fun. :D

close-ups of NYC Diesels @ Day #37:
3-20-11 001.JPG 3-20-11 003.JPG 3-20-11 004.JPG 3-20-11 006.JPG 3-20-11 010.JPG

LA Ultra @ Day #23:
3-20-11 011.JPG

The two Sensi Stars @ Day #23:
3-20-11 012.JPG 3-20-11 013.JPG

-SSF-

Those ladies are looking good SSF! You have got to be busy right now, with the new beans just started and these beauties that are about to finish. Plus any clones ya took.... If you get a super dank pheno from the CC beans are they gunna end up replacing the ssf, or is too good to get rid of?

AluminumMonster said:
Those ladies are looking good SSF! You have got to be busy right now, with the new beans just started and these beauties that are about to finish. Plus any clones ya took.... If you get a super dank pheno from the CC beans are they gunna end up replacing the ssf, or is too good to get rid of?

Been 3 days since an update....I have been slacking!
Thanks AM!

I have the 5 plants in the flowering closet, 2 Sensi Stars, 2 NYC Diesels, and one LA Ultra. I have 11 plants in the veg closet, 3 NYC Diesels, 3 LA Ultras, and 5 Sensi Stars. And I am germinating 10 Sour Diesel and 5 more Hashberry so yea it's a lot going on right now. But this flowering right now is flying by. I think I will always keep my Sensi Star that I have. It is just such a great plant. It is forgiving, doesn't need a lot of food, and the way it grows is perfect for indoor growing because it always stays short and dense. Even if I found something better I don't think I could ever force myself to get rid of it because it has been my favorite for a long time. This is my first go-around with the NYC Diesel and the LA Ultra so if I am not happy with the results their clones are being destroyed which would thin out my garden a lot.

Ok! Picture time, the fun part. I was able to put the girls outside today for some natural light which always makes for better pictures.

Sensi Stars @ Day #26, (the red 4 gallon bucket is there for scale and the black pots are 8 gallon pots)
3-23-11 001.JPG 3-23-11 002.JPG 3-23-11 003.JPG 3-23-11 005.JPG 3-23-11 007.JPG 3-23-11 008.JPG 3-23-11 009.JPG

LA Ultra @ Day #26:
3-23-11 028.JPG 3-23-11 030.JPG 3-23-11 031.JPG

Give me a few minutes and I will post some pics of the Diesels, I can only put so many pics in a post. :D

-SSF-

....and here are pictures of the NYC Diesels.

They are @ Day #40 of flower. And thanks to everyone that helped me out in the other thread. I am pretty sure at this point these two female plants grown from seed are different phenos. I was thinking one might just be more vigirous but the buds are forming completely differently.

This is the better looking of the two with the giant ball-top cola. I am assuming this one will be better but I am saving clones of both until harvest:
3-23-11 012.JPG 3-23-11 021.JPG 3-23-11 026.JPG 3-23-11 027.JPG

And this one with a long thin top which appears to have more bud growth, is actually not nearly as good looking when you look up close:
3-23-11 013.JPG 3-23-11 014.JPG 3-23-11 017.JPG 3-23-11 018.JPG

Also, the bud where I painted LA Ultra pollen on one of my NYC Diesels is busting with seeds (EDIT, this is on the better of the 2 diesels):
3-23-11 039.JPG 3-23-11 040.JPG

AS ALWAYS, anyone with questions or comments or ideas to make my grows better jump right on in, that is the point of the journal after all :)
-SSF-

Oh, and I forgot, today, 3/23 makes me one month from my due date. My plants should be finishing roughly on 4/23.

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Oh, and I forgot, today, 3/23 makes me one month from my due date. My plants should be finishing roughly on 4/23.

-SSF-

Sometimes it hard to tell who is male/female. Or maybe I dont pay enough attention. Congrats on the baby.

nouvellechef said:
Sometimes it hard to tell who is male/female. Or maybe I dont pay enough attention. Congrats on the baby.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No NC, I was talking about my plants. I started flowering the Diesels (10 weeks strain), two weeks before the LA Ultra and Sensi Stars (8 weeks strains) with the hopes of getting everything in my flowering closet to finish at the same time. 4/23 is the rough due date for the plants. That is funny though, made me laugh :)

-SSF-

Hi all. No news just more pics :)

Full indoor garden shots of the 5 plants:

3-24-11 004.JPG 3-24-11 007.JPG

The Sensi Stars are forming nice buds :) They are on Day #27:
3-24-11 015.JPG 3-24-11 016.JPG 3-24-11 017.JPG

And just for fun a closeup of one of the NYC Diesel Buds forming, Day #41:
3-24-11 011.JPG

Questions/comments/ideas? jump right in!

-SSF-

Latest posts

Back