1st journal-Sensi Star/LA Ultra/NYC Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
420_Osborn said:
Diesel buds are looking good!!

Thanks Osborn!

I think they look pretty good too! At least the buds on one of the two are looking good. It's funny, but I noticed today that the one NYC Diesel that does not look nearly as good has a very fruity smell. The other one that looks much better has a more "diesel" smell.

These are some more close up bud shots from the good looking NYC Diesel. I love doing the close-up shots so I can see the trichs forming :)
3-24 Diesel 001.JPG 3-24 Diesel 002.JPG 3-24 Diesel 003.JPG 3-24 Diesel 004.JPG 3-24 Diesel 005.JPG 3-24 Diesel 007.JPG 3-24 Diesel 010.JPG 3-24 Diesel 011.JPG 3-24 Diesel 012.JPG 3-24 Diesel 014.JPG 3-24 Diesel 016.JPG 3-24 Diesel 017.JPG (my fat thumbs :) )
-SSF-

So today marks 6 weeks of flowering for the NYC Diesels, and 4 weeks of flowering for the Sensi Stars and the LA Ultra so they are halfway today :) Everything should be finishing roughly 4 weeks from today.

The two Sensi Stars at Day # 28, the last week there has been a real explosion in bud formation, now they have 4 weeks to fatten up :)
3-25-11 013.JPG 3-25-11 014.JPG 3-25-11 017.JPG 3-25-11 018.JPG 3-25-11 020.JPG

The one LA Ultra at Day #28, it has stretched a lot and the bud formation is still very small so the smoke better be a knockout, there is obviously not going to be much yield:
3-25-11 015.JPG 3-25-11 016.JPG

And lastly the 2 different pheno NYC Diesels at Day #42 (one pic of the ugly one and 4 pics of the pretty one :) :
3-25-11 012.JPG 3-25-11 021.JPG 3-25-11 023.JPG 3-25-11 025.JPG 3-25-11 027.JPG

Have a great weekend everyone! As always, questions/comments/criticism/ideas to make my grow better? Jump right on in! :D

-SSF-

Hey Sens,
Have you had the NYC diesel before? My clone guy has a cross between that and Train wreck. (did you hear that Ozo?)
Yours are looking better all the time and they started out looking really nice. Love the pics. (you don't have to thank me)

How tall are yours and do they smell like grapefruit? Kinda nosy aren't I?

dont mean to thread jack----Rose, is that the same clone guy that gave you the mites?

Yes it is, my only guy is spider mite ridden but I always get rid of them before they come in my house. I checked, he doesn't have ANY clones, I was interested in the blueberry too. Shoot. Now that I don't like WW, i need some more genetics. Is there a dispensary between you and me in Yak?
Ok, really sorry again Sensi. Have you been there?
Sorry Sensi.

Rosebud said:
Hey Sens,
Have you had the NYC diesel before? My clone guy has a cross between that and Train wreck. (did you hear that Ozo?)
Yours are looking better all the time and they started out looking really nice. Love the pics. (you don't have to thank me)

How tall are yours and do they smell like grapefruit? Kinda nosy aren't I?

wow what a long night. Had to work until 3:30am :(

No Rosebud this is my first go around with the NYC Diesel. Let me check out the plant that smells fruity tomorrow and I will let you know. I will give it a little "scratch-and-sniff" :) and try to place the smell. It is definitely "fruity" but I can't place it yet. Both of the NYC Diesels are right about 3 feet out of the soil but I probably could have kept them shorter if I had topped and trained them.

Neither of you need to worry about hijacking my thread, I dont care one bit. Talk about whatever you wish.

And Rosebud, you deserve the thanks. I try to thank everyone that comments in my threads, even if it isn't positive :D

-SSF-

You must be way exhausted. You need to smoke and sleep. then do it again.
I had read the NY could reach really tall. Did you understand it to be mostly sativa? Oh great now I want everything that you are growing.

Rosebud said:
You must be way exhausted. You need to smoke and sleep. then do it again.
I had read the NY could reach really tall. Did you understand it to be mostly sativa? Oh great now I want everything that you are growing.

HA! Well don't want everything just yet. The LA Ultra is lagging way behind. Tons of stretch and small bud growth so far so the buds better explode or the smoke be a knockout or I'm not growing it again. I germinated 5 more Hashberry, 4 have sprouted and are out of the soil. I am definitely going to be keeping the better of the two NYC Diesel phenos as well as the Sensi Star of course. And all ten of the Cali Connection Sour Diesel I germinated sprouted. Plus I have all of the freebies from the attitude giveaway so if the LA Ultra doesn't produce, her clones will be eliminated with extreme prejudice :)

I leaned in and gave the buds on both of the NYC Diesels a really close smell and I can't really place the smell. The better one definitely smells like "fuel", kerosene, gasoline, diesel fuel, etc. I can't place it but the best way to describe it would be "fuel". The other NYC Diesel that doesn't look as nice really smells "fruity". I can't really place it and I would not necessarily call it "grapefuit" but it really is a fruity smell. I am sure the nose of a non-cigarette smoker would be able to give a better description.

-SSF-

The ladies are looking good SSF. I think you need to put the la ultra down, she looks really leafy. That nycd looks like its pretty dank, especialy the fuel smelling one.

Took a few pics of the girls in the flower room as they sleep. shhhhhh! don't wake them ;) The reason the buds look smaller in the middle of the garden is because that is the LA Ultra....still not much bud growth to her.

3-27-11 sleeping 001.JPG 3-27-11 sleeping 004.JPG 3-27-11 sleeping 005.JPG

-SSF-

AluminumMonster said:
The ladies are looking good SSF. I think you need to put the la ultra down, she looks really leafy. That nycd looks like its pretty dank, especialy the fuel smelling one.

Thanks AM! Yea the LA Ultra isn't looking too promising, especially compared to the NYC Diesel and Sensi Star.

SSF, i wanted to ask... what size fan are ya using? My wife just agreed to let me upgrade the one 400w to a 600w so i'll be running dual 600's like you. It looks like you reduced the ducting to 4 inch, any problems with temps?

AluminumMonster said:
SSF, i wanted to ask... what size fan are ya using? My wife just agreed to let me upgrade the one 400w to a 600w so i'll be running dual 600's like you. It looks like you reduced the ducting to 4 inch, any problems with temps?

I use a 4-inch Vortex inline fan and love it. If you look close at the 1st and 3rd pictures in my last post you can barely make out my carbon filter hanging in the background, still not hooked up. I should probably get it hooked up though, it is starting to get smelly in my place. My inline is 4 inch and my carbon filter is made for 4 inch ducting so what I did was buy four 6"to4" reducers and hooked them up to the end of each cool tube. Right now without the carbon filter hooked up I can put my hand on the top of the cooltube. Once I hook up the carbon filter it gets a little warmer, not enough to burn the plants but hot enough that you can't keep your hand on the cooltube.

-SSF-

Thanks man, i'm using a 6" 424cfm now so i should be good. I just wanted to make sure i would be ok.

Hi all!

The Sensi Stars are @ Day #32. I made the mistake two days ago of feeding them from a stronger batch of nutes I had mixed for the LA Ultra and today I noticed some nute burn. It doesn' appear too bad. Stupid of me though. The first 3 pics are from the first Sensi Star and the last 2 pics are from the other one, Pepsi can is there to give scale to the pics:
3-29-11 007.JPG 3-29-11 008.JPG 3-29-11 009.JPG 3-29-11 013.JPG 3-29-11 023.JPG

The LA Ultra is starting to show me some love. I upped her nutes about 10 days ago and am seeing a nice dark green shade to everything. And the buds are starting to show some growing calyxes. She is also @ Day #32:
3-29-11 011.JPG 3-29-11 012.JPG 3-29-11 024.JPG

And lastly the 2 NYC Diesels. They are @ Day #46. This is the better looking pheno. I can only post so many pics in one post so give me a minute and I will post the ugly one.
3-29-11 005.JPG 3-29-11 006.JPG 3-29-11 019.JPG 3-29-11 022.JPG

-SSF-

They look nice, the good and the ugly all look nice. Getting closer Sensi! Keep up the good work.

Rosebud said:
They look nice, the good and the ugly all look nice. Getting closer Sensi! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Rosebud! The ugly one doesn't have nearly as much bud growth. The number of trichs and hairs are obviously lower in number than the better looking plant, but the fruity smell to it is great.

-SSF-

Latest posts

Back