1st time cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILvbubbles

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first time cloning and I have roots showing. In the past i've always started from seed and went through the harvest and started all over again, but that's getting old and I want to harvest more often. I split my closet into two sections for flowering and cloning, I have a 400w MH/HPS for flower and two 2' t5's for the clones. I took these clones almost 2 weeks ago so I still have the mother plants under the 400w MH. My question is, does anyone here veg their clones or just put them into their flower room once they shoot roots?

I was planning on flowering the mothers and the clones and take cuts from the clones when they get bigger during the flower stage? is this correct or am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I usually veg clones a month before flowering but you can flower them as soon as they are rooted. Yes you can take clones from clones, you don't need a mother plant. IMO mother plant are only needed by ppl that are growing large numbers of plants.

Thanks ozzy. I shouldn't have even said mother plant. I don't intend on keeping any of the females I took clones from, just gonna let them finish and use the clones to get clones.. so if I vegged them for a month I should be able to get enough growth to get more clones? looks like i'm gonna need more light to keep the cycle going.

Cuts taken when the plants are in flowering are harder to root and generally take longer to root--sometimes substantially longer. How much space do you have in each section?

flower section is 7x4x4 (l,w,h) it's 4 feet to the glass on my hid light. clone area is 6x4x4. it's a strange closet, knee wall closet it what it's called i think. I have clones in rockwool cubes in a nursery flat with a heat mat and a humidity dome, then I was planning on putting those into soil. With my height restrictions I've always switched to 12/12 when the plants were about 12" tall and with some training I could get decent yields. Growing blue widow and a blueberry as of right now.

Latest posts

Back