1st Time grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it is not opinion. If you like to veg with CFLs that is fine--no one is trying to change your mind, but it is a fact that they DO cost more to operate, they ARE hotter, and they DO produce less bud--they are literally the most expensive lights to veg with and the least efficient. A new grower is asking for information. I am going to give him the best advise I can.

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, it is not opinion. If you like to veg with CFLs that is fine--no one is trying to change your mind, but it is a fact that they DO cost more to operate, they ARE hotter, and they DO produce less bud--they are literally the most expensive lights to veg with and the least efficient. A new grower is asking for information. I am going to give him the best advise I can.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got everything u guys requested but I have to go back n get t5 lights. my seeds are in the mail. i ordered from attitude. I didnt get the digital ballast. I think ima stick with the one on the list. Will that b a problem? i still havent opened anything yet... just the tent. I think i will need help even setting the tent up in the inside.... im ashamed to say :(

THG... thankx. ima go with the t5. when i went in to the mj store the clerk told me how good t5's are and what they produce. im new and i just want the best advice. Im listening to every1 and asking questions. I appreciate it all. BY THE WAY GUYS... im a female grower :)

KaptainKush said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess some would just rather spend more and get less:ignore:

Congrats on your purchase. If using t-5's to veg you do not need mH, just a hps for flower. mH will work but hps is better in flower

KoDak said:
THG... thankx. ima go with the t5. when i went in to the mj store the clerk told me how good t5's are and what they produce. im new and i just want the best advice. Im listening to every1 and asking questions. I appreciate it all. BY THE WAY GUYS... im a female grower :)

Yahoo--another female grower. Don't worry about needing help setting up the tent. This hobby does have a learning curve. There are no stupid questions.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yahoo--another female grower. Don't worry about needing help setting up the tent. This hobby does have a learning curve. There are no stupid questions.

yea female ;) lol i feel lost looking inside this tent tryna figure out how this even suppose to fit and hang in here. lol. ill get to it this weekend. Im so excited to share this experience with beginners and experts. I love to learn about this! thanks again. Ill keep yall updated

by the way i 1st purchased the mh lights but after you all expressed which was better I made the switch to th3 600 w hps and Ill be picking up my t5 hopefully this weekend. bare with me guys. im new and nervous

KoDak said:
by the way i 1st purchased the mh lights but after you all expressed which was better I made the switch to th3 600 w hps and Ill be picking up my t5 hopefully this weekend. bare with me guys. im new and nervous

smart move..saved money and will get better bud with the 600...We all started somewhere:)

:rofl: KK....as long as you're happy lol

Sounds like you're getting things in order, well done Kodak!!

question! the clerk at the mj store told me to come back to get some tea compost water for when iM ready to transplant. have any1 heard of this? is it effective/needed?

second, whn i start the veg stage, how long should i keep it under the t5 lights. some say 24 hrs some say 12/12. what do you all think is better?

is there a site that sells a decent priced, reliable pH meter?

thnx in advance!

if your using the ocean forrest soil pcduck talked about, you just need to add water thru veg period. soon as the seed pops thru the soil, put them under the t5 light. i would get to reading some of the stickies at the top of each page here, and you will be better prepared in 4-6 weeks when you'll want to flower, which is 12 light hours, 12 dark hours. set the 12's to your schedule, but once you set them say at 8am lights on, then at 8pm lights off, you want to do it the same daily. but this is in the flower period, so we dont want to put the horse ahead of the cart.;)

start your babies in a smaller pot, and the norm is beer/keg plastic cups for soil farmers mostly. you can write with black marker right on cup what strain, date started, etc...you can feel the weight of your cups and know when to water. water only when the soil dries between watering. just starting, it is important not to overwater, where your plants are constantly wet. yeah, let em dry, then water again. prolly every other day. you'll learn by the weight of the pot thier in.:cool:

ph meter? depends what your looking to spend? i use a cheap ph pen from milwaukee. cost me 30 bones. i've had same one going on five years.:eek: they are built to last only if properly taken care of as to sellers instructions. mine has to be stored in plain clean tap water. so its just what you got to spend i guess, cause they get pricey for top of the line meters. i'd check on ebay first. then you can compare at your shop.;)

in veg, you run that t5 light right down close to the plant about 4 inches off top, and run that 24/7. do not interupt that light period. some run thier veg on a 18on/6off, but most run them 24/7, and with you just starting out, i'd keep it uncomplicated, and run them 24/7 imo.:)

btw, what strains did you order? were here to help...peace...

KoDak said:
question! the clerk at the mj store told me to come back to get some tea compost water for when iM ready to transplant. have any1 heard of this? is it effective/needed?

second, whn i start the veg stage, how long should i keep it under the t5 lights. some say 24 hrs some say 12/12. what do you all think is better?

is there a site that sells a decent priced, reliable pH meter?

thnx in advance!

I would be careful sharing too much with the store clerk. Even if you are legal it is a good idea to keep your mouth shut about your grows.

Vegging should be done with 24/7 lighting. Your post says that some say 12/12 for veg--where did you run across that?--no one uses 12/12 to veg. The T5 can be kept very close to the tops of your plants. Once the seedlings get established, I put the lights withing an inch or 2 from the plants.

information here is so useful. thank u guys! I will keep quiet to the clerk too. Irish thnx for the info. I will get to reading the stickies after I study today..I just want a cheap reliable pH pen. Im not gon lie, some of these things seem complicated but I HAVE TO DO THIS. I will read read read!

THE SEEDS I GOT FROM ATTITUDE:
1.Dinafem Seeds Moby **** #2
Feminized Seeds Per Pack
2.Dinafem Seeds Roadrunner Automatic Feminized
Feminized Seeds Per Pack
3.UFO#1 CH9 Female Seeds Bubba Kush 33

so does this mean they are female? I dont have 2try and determine if they female or male right? silly question :/

Another question. I saw someone write that Fox farm can harm seedlings. Thats wat I brought, should I get another kind of soil for seedlings?

Another question. I saw someone write that Fox farm can harm seedlings. Thats wat I brought, should I get another kind of soil for seedlings?

I plant my seeds right into the ffof, I never lost one that sprouted.ime

Roadrunner Automatic Feminized is an auto. A true auto will flower with 24/7 light but most use 20/4 lighting. The rest of your seeds are photo period seeds which require 12/12 lighting.

omg! for smell. i didnt get a carbon filter? was that something i missing off my list. what else can i use or smell?

damnit. how could i forget. do i need it b4 i start any type of growing or could i wait till their in the veg or flowering stage. I havent even germinated my seeds yet. they r in the mail.

Latest posts

Back