1st Time grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question, im growing in a apartment. im confused as to how to set this tent up and where the carb filter will go?

Carbon filters are heavy, can your tent support a filter?

Most growers (I included) try to place the carbon filter inside the grow room then suck air through the filter then to outside the grow room area.
Some set their filter outside the grow room then blow air through it.

There are some nice DIY filters in our DIY section

Not really needed til flower but once in flower you sure need something.

I would recommend running auto seeds or reg seed, rather than trying to do them both at the same time.

I never run a filter, but in an apartment, I am sure you will probably need one.

ok, so i should wait todo the roadrunner! its a nice size tent. i guess ill only be growing two plants inside now, since the other seed is an auto.i should have enough room in the inside to put the filter in there. is there pix on here whr i can get an idea of how it should look.

Wondering the same thing, is the fan just sitting on top of your tent? I am about to set mine up as well

it look delish! i have a 4X4 tent. so that should also fit in mind. im just taking any advice. where u get bungee cord from. im tryna figure out how to get my tent set up. Im not doing a perpetual grow so im gonna have to do a switch out. i dont need the ducting or carbon fil till flowering....?

i see how the flange works...seems easy. thnx. if im using the t5 lights for veg, what will my ducting b connecting to in this stage... im sorry but i dont wna ask dumb questions. im kinda lost here

hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Category%2DCarbon%2DFilter%2DFan%2Dand%2DAccessories%2Easp

which 1did u get?

this is everything i got so far. im getting t5's next week, by the way, i think i said the wrong size of my tent. but here is everything below:

6" charcoal fiber filter
6" inline fan (400 cfm)
ultrasun aluminum 400w ballast
6" air cooled reflector
6" non-insulated air ducts
fox farm ocean forest soil
600 w hps
and
2x4 lighthouse tent (54.5x28"x78")

do u see anything im missing. wat kind nutes would u reccomend? and how soon to use them?

oh yea. have u heard or using tea compost water when transplanting?

ok, im sorry. i just copied and paste that list from the begininng of the thread. I since then change it.

I did do some exchanging and got the 600w ballast instead of 400w

and the 600w hps maxlume bulb

so with the size of my tent what carbon filter do u suggest. 2x4 tent. and where and wat is the charcoal fiber filter for?

i just my seeds in today. bout to go germinate! by the way, wats better, inline fans or Centrifugal Fans and why? wats the difference

Actually centrifuge fans are inline fans. The ones we want you to stay away from are the inline booster fans. These are not meant to be stand alone fans, but are meant to assist other larger fans on long ducting runs.

kodak, checking back in on you.:)

do you have an understanding of what an auto flowering period, and a photo period is all about yet?

auto flowering is a plant not needing 12 hours of darkness. you can leave light on it 24/7 from start to finish, and it will be happy. this is what i would suggest you do as a first time grower, then if you enjoy growing auto strains, you can learn more about them later down the road as to giving them 18/6 light/dark.

photo period is a plant that requires 12 hours of constant light, and 12 hours of uninterupted dark to flower the plants.

these are two separate plants that require separate lighting needs, and is wise not to run them togeather under the same light. not totally impossible, just not good to try and jump into being new imo.;)

i would had suggested keeping the 400 being a new grower that is doing a first grow.(you start at the bottom in any good building project);) heat is going to be your main issue with that 600 in the tent. pay close attention to venting that heat out now. thats going to need to be your main point of research now you will want to study up on imo. put a small thermometer in your tent also, so you know exactly what your working with on venting the added heat out. (heat out, fresh air in). plants need lots of fresh air. venting out the heat in a tent grow will be your #1 concern...it is the most important aspect of a tent grow. (your ability to keep temp under 80f will dictate your success).

i would suggest a test run with bag seed to give you a general layout of how a grow works, before burning up your money seeds. but yeah, venting is #1 aspect to being a successful tent grower imo.

were here to help...no question is a dumb one...we all went through the start up stage, and the figuring out part of how to grow our own smoke. so no matter what the question may be, we want to see you become efficient at growing, and were here to assist, so ask away anytime.:) peace...

Thnks u guys. I understand now Irish. I started germinating the moby **** and the bubba Kush this morn. I have a better understanding so I know wat to do next time. So the inline fan I have is ok? It's not a booster fan. Just an online fan. I'm tryna figure out what I need the charcoal fiber filter for and where does it go? I'm lost there! I wana make sure I set the inside up right since u said heat will b my main issue. I can't risk any mistakes as far as that goes.

did you see puffins pics of the road runner in tent? the filter is in tent 2 pic. you bungee strap it up high, and secure it real good too so it isnt loose. it is for the mj smell. the carbon filters any smell from escaping a sealed room.

i am lucky in that i dont have to run a carbon filter. i'll let someone else field that question. but in apartment growing, a filter could save you from neighbors smelling your growing weed and call cops. some plants smell alot more than others.

Yes I saw it. But the one they suggested me is way smaller then his. It say organic air charcoal fiber filter 6". It's nothin like the one he has. I appreciate ur help BTW

Latest posts

Back