1st Time Growing - Day 22 - Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4leaves

Hey all. This is my first time growing. I manage to overcome some problems I had around Day 8. See thread below if you're interested in seeing those problems and also seeing my complete setup.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6638

I'm growing 9 plants and 3 appear to be having problems. Here is a pic of all the plants.

Plant 1, 8 and 9 I'm most concerned about.

Plant 1 - The leaves are yellowing and it's been this way since day 6 or so. The leaves are drooping severely now.

Plant 8 - The lower leaves tips are turning brown and curling up.

Plant 9 - It's growing very tall with less nodes... I'm not sure if it will be able to hold buds when flowering starts.

I had these problems when my PPM was around 620 on Day 20 so I added more nutes yesterday to see if it would help. Here are my current levels.

PH is 6-6.5
PPM - 1116
Plants Height - 8 to 11 inches
Strain - Unknown - Bagseed
Nutes - Floragrow and Floralicious Plus
400 Watt MH - about 6 to 8 inches from top of plants, 24/0 cyle.

How do I fix the problems with 1, 8 and 9?

Are my lights too close?

Is it a good idea to move the plants around so they get more light? The plants right under the bulb appear to be growing faster but I'm not sure if this is do to the weed strain.

When is it best to start flowering?

Is it ok to take cuttings now or right before flowering begins?

Where should i take the cuttings from?

How long can I let the cuttings grow before vegging them?

Thanks in advance.

All Plants rs.jpg

4leaves said:
PH is 6-6.5
PPM - 1116
Your light is WAY WAY to close.

A 400 watt light should be NO CLOSER than 18 inches from the plant tips.

You're cooking them.

Bring the light up, let the plants heal, then we can deal with cloning and such. First we have to see if they live through being cooked.

Good luck man!

Thanks Stoney Bud. I adjusted the lights to about 18 inches from the top. Can you help me out on the other questions too. I'm more concerned about making sure I grow my real seeds the right way.

4leaves said:
Hey all. This is my first time growing. I manage to overcome some problems I had around Day 8. See thread below if you're interested in seeing those problems and also seeing my complete setup.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6638

I'm growing 9 plants and 3 appear to be having problems. Here is a pic of all the plants.

Plant 1, 8 and 9 I'm most concerned about.

Plant 1 - The leaves are yellowing and it's been this way since day 6 or so. The leaves are drooping severely now.

Plant 8 - The lower leaves tips are turning brown and curling up.

Plant 9 - It's growing very tall with less nodes... I'm not sure if it will be able to hold buds when flowering starts.

I had these problems when my PPM was around 620 on Day 20 so I added more nutes yesterday to see if it would help. Here are my current levels.

PH is 6-6.5
PPM - 1116

How do I fix the problems with 1, 8 and 9?

Are my lights too close?

Is it a good idea to move the plants around so they get more light? The plants right under the bulb appear to be growing faster but I'm not sure if this is do to the weed strain.

When is it best to start flowering?

Is it ok to take cuttings now or right before flowering begins?

Where should i take the cuttings from?

How long can I let the cuttings grow before vegging them?

Thanks in advance.
Let me see if i can give ya a hand. You start flowering when your plants have alternating nodes this means your plant is mature and ready for flower. INHO your plant should be atleast 5 or 6 weeks old before taking clones. You take the cuttings from each seperate branch at the top. Here is a link with pics that shows how to take clones and what you will need. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441 From the time you take clones until they root is about 2 weeks atleast it is with us. Once you see roots you put them into veg. Hope this helps ya out a bit. By the way your plants look great.

Thanks Brother G. This link is very helpful. I guess I will wait til after day 28 before i take clones. How long can I leave the clones in the cloning chamber after they have roots? I'm asking because I will be flowering my plants so I will not be able to move the clones until after flowering.

4leaves said:
Thanks Brother G. This link is very helpful. I guess I will wait til after day 28 before i take clones. How long can I leave the clones in the cloning chamber after they have roots? I'm asking because I will be flowering my plants so I will not be able to move the clones until after flowering.
I'm really not sure on that question because we take them out and transplant them as soon as they have roots which is about 2 weeks. We then put them under CFL's for another week then into flower.

once they have formed roots, the dome should be discarded, but they can stay under the flous untill they outgrow the light and/or the space. Once rootbound, they will "need" to be uppotted into larger containers.
..."I" like to uppot the clones into 1 gal containers after approximately 3-4 weeks(or when the start to appear getting rootbound) 3 weeks or so in the 1 gallons, then into 3-5 gall containers for about 2 weeks before putting into flower.

3-4 weeks rooting+ 3weeks in 1 gal + 2 weeks in 5's = 8-10 weeks
flowering=8-10 weeks(most strains) IMHO..

sweeeet...thanks a lot for yall input...i'm about to take my first clones today (thanks Hick for the superb tutorial). i'm a little hesistant because i think i'm going to screw them up but i guess this is best way to learn... i was trying to wait until after day 28 to give the plants more veg time but my plants are growing so fast that I think I will run out of room when I start flowering. so my plan is to take cuttings today from all 9 plants... let the plants heal for a few days (i remember reading this somewhere) then start flowering on day 28, this saturday. I'll post some more pics on the first day of flowering.

one other question and sorry for my ignorance...but what exactly does rootbound mean? how do i know when they're rootbound?

i really appreciate the help and the replies.

"rootbound" is exactly what it says...roots are bound up due to lack of space ..pot is full of roots.

here are some updated photos from day 38 and 39... sorry i've been a little behind updating the photos. i'm currently on day 40. I also included some pictures of the clones.

Picture 1 - Clones. They now have roots. I'm hoping they don't outgrow the cloning chamber before i can move them down to start vegging which i can't do until my plants finish flowering.

Day 38
Pictures 2 - 7 out of the 9 plants are female WOOHOO! 1 plant is not showing yet but it appears to be dying any away from lack of light. I'm surprise and fortunate because i nearly killed them when i over fed them nutes by mistake. check out the url below to see what i had to do to help them recover... thanks to all the support.

Day 39
Pictures 3- they're making a slow recovery but i hope they still can produce some nices buds

Pictures 4 - male
Pictures 5 - female

clones rs.jpg

DSC03817 rs.jpg

DSC03821 rs.jpg

Plant 1 - Male.JPG

Plant 2 - Female rs.jpg

The ladies are looking great man. Your gonna have yourself a nice jungle in there before it's all said and done. :aok: Your doing a great job keep it up. ;)

Latest posts

Back