1st Time Growing!!Need Sum Feed Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kushflow

Reaction score
Hey guys Im getting ready to start my own grow room my room is about 12ft.x12ft. My lighting consist of 2 600watt HPS,2 400watt HPS, with them cheap silver reflectors, 6in. inline fan...just a few questions...i have around 10 8 gallon rubbermaid buckets is it safe to use them or should i use those 5 gallon plastic bags..Would the extra 3gallons in that pot produce more bud?& Would i need a humidifier?

Congrats on getting your own space up and going. I have several recommendations. First of all, you are going to need to make your space smaller--say something around 5 x 6 or smaller. Two 600W and 2 400W are only good for about 56 sq ft (at the most). We figure lighting needs by lumens per sq ft with 5000 lumens per ft being about the minimum you want to run when flowering. Vegging plants do well with a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft. A 12 x 12 space would need at least 5 1000W HPS to be adequately lit.

Next, I would recommend air cooled hoods. If you get your space the size it should be you are going to be generating some heat. It is very very hard to keep non air-cooled reflectors cool enough.

What type of inline fan do you have? And what are your ventilation plans? Even if you have a centrifuge fan and air cooled hoods, I don't think that a 6" fan will be able to keep the space cool. Even if the room is 56 sq ft, a 450 cfm fan will only exchange the air once a minute. I use a 6" Vortex in a space that is 3' x 6.5' and it is not too much fan.

I think that whether you go with the larger buckets or not will depend on how long you veg them and how large they get.

Whether or not you will need a humidifier will depend on the RH where you live.

i have a hydrofarm model#ACDF6 class F thats the only info i see on it...Got the vent goin out the window..and i crack the other window to let fresh air in..im waiting on sum warmer days out to see how warm does it get in the room

Your first concern needs to be the size of your space and your lighting. You need to decrease the space by 2/3rds or more. Or plan on getting 3 more 600W and 3 more 400W (or 3 1000W) to go with the lighting you already have.

It is useless to run temperature tests in a space way larger than you are going to be able to grow. Unless you get your space to a lot smaller size, you are going to have unsatisfactory results. I anticipate that you will need another fan like the one you have. I cool 2 600W or a 1000W with a similar fan, but do not believe it is enough for 2 600W and 2 400W.

thanks goddess ill keep u updated on my grow tryin to work on sum pics they just to big i dont know how to work this computer to good!!

:ciao: kushflow and welcom to the site...I like to use picassa to resize...lots here ene theHempgodess just uses "paint" to resize..Resize the room as she said as well so you get the correct lumes per sq ft...we try and get 5000 lumes a square foot...heres a link to how to upload pics...hope to see you around the boards..untill then

take care and be safe

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/how_to_upload_pictures.html

I would make two rooms, one 6x4 with 2 600's in it to flower and one 3x3 with a 400 in it to veg, and still have some storage space left over, JMO.

I like dman's plan. It is really nice to have separate vegging and flowering spaces. I would go with T5s to veg, however, so maybe a 3 x 4 space for vegging.

Latest posts

Back