1st timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if I had the space and the money for his sweet setup I would have done it too instead of my budget grow garden. Yes his garden looks very professional. It’s obvious that time was spent learning and talking to others to get such a look… I hope he/she comes back and shares more with us.😊

I spent about $500 when I first started out growing(much, much smaller space) to do a proof of concept for myself. The 3 lights he is using would cost about $2500. I am guessing the whole setup is easily $4000. Maybe a newbie would invest that kind of money starting out but I am a bit skeptical. Then again, I am a skeptic.

Once I get interested in something I start incrementally collecting tools and related supplies well past the point of usefulness. Then I end up having to setup a storage area for all the crap I bought and have no use for... Growing weed was no different.

Ill wait to see if he even comes back before i say anymore. He was a big topic in the Mods conversation due to his shared IPs and different names.
Maybe he can explain that when or if he posts again.:confused:
I will say this. That's an awfully nice and professional setup for his first grow.
That sort of thing was encouraged on some forums I used to frequent where certain politically incorrect activities were discussed and promoted. I knew several who wanted to separate their social activities from their activities as buyers and sellers.

Seemed like a waste of time to me, since IPs are pretty easy for anyone to resolve from times and linked images, and of course there are numerous free tools available for doing just that. I used Tor for a while until I learned who owned most of the servers.

I spent about $500 when I first started out growing(much, much smaller space) to do a proof of concept for myself. The 3 lights he is using would cost about $2500. I am guessing the whole setup is easily $4000. Maybe a newbie would invest that kind of money starting out but I am a bit skeptical. Then again, I am a skeptic.
I agree and I dont agree! I look at the amount of stuff I have accumuated between 4 tents good lights good veg lites good fans,$60 timeclocks,in addition to nutrients to soil to Seeds ! I was involved in rooms which is so different. I also know that I have been smoking for over 50 years and dont see me getting tired about it ,or forgetting I have weed.I dont even have all of them set up because it is easier to mine coal than it is to mine space for another tent in my basement . At my age I set my self up with enough stuff to get me thru. Its like what guys do when they get into stuff. Who here has one shotgun ,one fishing rod,one pistol,one22 ,
Then we need to find places to store all we collect. Worse for me I have places I send stuff to so it magically appears home ..
If my Commander found out she would not rub my back anymore ...! Too me it is like a good Italian pork store .Its always $100 every time you go and you go a lot!

Last edited:
Once I get interested in something I start incrementally collecting tools and related supplies well past the point of usefulness. Then I end up having to setup a storage area for all the crap I bought and have no use for... Growing weed was no different.
Worse because all your decisions are made stoned about getting stoned and all it takes to get stoned .... :rolleyes:

I agree and I dont agree! I look at the amount of stuff I have accumuated between 4 tents good lights good veg lites good fans,$60 timeclocks,in addition to nutrients to soil to Seeds ! I was involved in rooms which is so different. I also know that I have been smoking for over 50 years and dont see me getting tired about it ,or forgetting I have weed.I dont even have all of them set up because it is easier to mine coal than it is to mine space for another tent in my basement . At my age I set my self up with enough stuff to get me thru.
I've seen Joe's Basement it has Joe's garage beat by a mile.

That is the nicest set up for a first grow I have ever seen. Everything is well thought out and done like a long time grower. Lower plants are pruned perfect for this type of grow. Reminds me of Robert Redford in The Natural.....never played in this league before and instantly the best hitter in the majors. I have only seen that done in movies.

Sure would like to meet this rookie so I could learn something from him.

Worse because all your decisions are made stoned about getting stoned and all it takes to get stoned .... :rolleyes:
I wish I could blame being stoned on buying 6 lights when I only have room for two, but the truth is I was surfing Amazon and ebay at work to avoid doing actual work : )

It took me a year to get my grow set up to where it is today. I must have made a thousand mistakes and adjustments. Gives me a headache thinking about it. Growing indoors is an art and takes time to get dialed in. I still make small adjustments to make things more efficient. If you have grown indoors successfully you know.

It took me a year to get my grow set up to where it is today. I must have made a thousand mistakes and adjustments. Gives me a headache thinking about it. Growing indoors is an art and takes time to get dialed in. I still make small adjustments to make things more efficient. If you have grown indoors successfully you know.
I dont know what your talking about ! all my friends who dont grow say it is easy .

Everything I do is extreme...
1671041422140.png

I dont know what your talking about ! all my friends who dont grow say it is easy .
Bwahahaha. If you only knew all the people that came and took a look at my grow, I gave them all my knowledge, books and advise......month later they quit. What we do isn't cheap or easy. Not like planting squash in the back yard.

Latest posts

Back