2 cent way easy to make CO2 from your household!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soda contains CO2 thats what gives it bubbles, shake it if you want to release it. No vinegar necessary. If someone wants to prove to me that this works and is beneficial then by all means do a side by side grow, until then I stand by the opinion that you are both wasting your time and money.

I gotta' agree... Even though it is producing a 'slight' amount of c02, the conditions/environment 'probably' aren't going to allow, provide for proper utilization, anyhow.
When I have tried to run my lights in the summer, I tried this very method, trying to utilize and help through the high tmps. "I" could not determine any benefit.

Yeah That ^^^^ move enough air in and out...thats all I do

Yup what they said. The only time CO2 addition would be a benefit is if you could keep the levels around 1500 ppm while lights are on and maintain a higher temperature as well. This is where I would eventually like to end up as time marches on I'm getting closer to the goal of a sealed environment grow room.

Tater said:
The best way to use CO2 is in a sealed grow room where there is no ventilation. The only ventilation you should have is to cool your lights. Then you need a dehumidifier to control humidity, possibly an ac unit to control temp (unlikely if you cool your lights well enough) and thats about it. Well thats the basics :p. You need to bring the PPM up to 1500 while its lights on and then back down to about 600-800 ppm's while its lights off. I'm working towards a sealed room setup and every paycheque and harvest brings me one step closer :p.

that what we have, sealed growroom (5x5x12) a/c straight to light then light to exhaust, and has other a/c in the room.. which other duct fan receive and go into the sealed room, what kind of co2 2 cent method I can use? eventhough I do have co2 tank, but almost empty :(

hello, I would like to post this as update and better way of 2 cent co2 system that can work with aeroponic, hydro and soil system, even in grow room and I found it in 4th edition of how to hydro, so here it is
A simple way to create and distribute co2 indoors using a few inexpensive parts. you'll need a one gallon milk jug a pound of sugar, enough water to dissolve the sugar, a packet of yeast, and some tubing. beging by drilling a small tight hole in the cap of your one gallon jug, then pass a length of 1/4'' air tubing though it just enough so that it hangs inside the bottle. the other end should be placed near your plants, preferably behind a fan that will evenly distribute the co2 thoughout your garden area.. fill your container with one pound of sugar, add warm water, stir until completely dissolved, (make sure you leave an air space at the top of the container so the tubing doesn't go under water) add the packet of yeast, replace the cap and stir co2 will be released gradually as the yeast begins to digest the sugar. recharge your "co2 generator" with fresh water, sugar, and yeast once per week. the left over can be used as homemade beer of your own :D :fly:

Hick said:
ABSOLUTELY.. proper air exchange is all you really need.

yo hick down here ya think this update what I posted will work?

papabeach1 said:
yo hick down here ya think this update what I posted will work?
...it produces c02... but to what extent, if it is beneficial, ?? ...:confused:
"I" .. kinda' doubt it.

how about this one...why not do this.. get seltzer water, put in the water sprayer, and add sugar, pretty like a pint and shake it.. also maybe little batch of yeast.. and plant foods, spray on leaves and lighty on new buds (not mature buds), maybe that will help buds to beef up also for leaves to earn more sugars for their plant health and could double the plants s ability to make more buds?
it could help nute lockdown to be avoided? just my theory... could work?

papabeach1 said:
how about this one...why not do this.. get seltzer water, put in the water sprayer, and add sugar, pretty like a pint and shake it.. also maybe little batch of yeast.. and plant foods, spray on leaves and lighty on new buds (not mature buds), maybe that will help buds to beef up also for leaves to earn more sugars for their plant health and could double the plants s ability to make more buds?
it could help nute lockdown to be avoided? just my theory... could work?

Forget about these crazy ideas stick to what works.
Proper light,air and nutes, no reason to reinvent the wheel.

Growdude said:
Forget about these crazy ideas stick to what works.
Proper light,air and nutes, no reason to reinvent the wheel.

Afforable to provide co2s to plants is all what is about.

what is to reinvent? there is lot of ways to provide co2s though..

papabeach1 said:
Afforable to provide co2s to plants is all what is about.

what is to reinvent? there is lot of ways to provide co2s though..

Yes like opening a window and turning on a fan.

There is no need for homemade sprays and buckets that dont produce enough CO2 to be worth any amount of money spent on them.

maybe some people here got some points, thanks grow dude, tottally true, bring air from outside near where tree is is good produce enough of co2 to bring in the grow site.... very brillant we uses a/c going into grow room too..

anyone can close this forum? btw anyone lives in moutains, does gets plently of co2 than wetlands.. so really not real a big deal.. but its important for buds to have some co2, thats is what its all about... passions of buds :)

Des Pot said:
i read somewhere that the reaction when vinegar is added to bi-carbonate of soda produces CO2. i have no idea as to what quantities required but maybe someone out there has the knowledge.

The reaction is:
HC2H3O2 + NaHCO3 ===> NaC2H3O2 + H2CO3
60.05g + 84.007g ===> 136.08 + 62.03g

the H2CO3 breaks down to CO2 and H2O...

H2CO3 ===> 2H2O + CO2
62.03g ===> 18.015 + 44.01g

with a kilo of each you'll get 523g of CO2.

hope that helps, peace

Latest posts

Back