2 sick plants - please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmark

Reaction score
I am growing 2 plants.

I am using a closet in a basement with a 400W HPS. The light is 12" from the tops of the plants. The grow medium is store bought potting soil mixed with perlite. They are on a 12/12 light regimen. For fertilizer I use Alaska Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 and Miracle grow bloom formula 15-30-15. I chose these because thats what they had at the store.

Both plants were doing quite well for the past 2-3 months. Suddenly within the past day, 2 strange problems have occurred. One plant has severe leaf curl and some leaves are possibly burning. The other plant has strange bright yellow spots that are very small but all over the plant. It almost looks as if someone sprayed yellow all over the one plant. The problems so not seem to be localized, and affect each plant all over.

I may have over-fertilized by not properly measuring. I also may have overwatered the one with the severe leaf curl. I am not sure which of these could be causing the problems, or if either of these things are really the issue.

I have attached pictures.

plant1.JPG

plant1a.JPG

plant1b.JPG

plant2.JPG

plant2a.JPG

Plant #2 clearly has spider mites.

What should I do if the plants are 2-3 weeks away from harvest? Is neem oil effective and safe this late in the game?

Please help :)

there is a "Sticky" covering that plague at the top of this forum that contains much good information.
Also, "IMHO" mixing organics(fish emulsion) and chemical nutrients(MG) is counter productive.
"Alaska" brand makes a decent blooming nutrient as well as the fish. "More-Bloom"..? I think it's called.

Latest posts

Back