2 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mysterious

Reaction score
Ive finally come into my last 2 weeks of harvest ive stopped adding nutes is there anything you guys do in the last two weeks? Should i reduce watering? i read if you dont water as much you get drier buds faster! True or not? Anyway thanks for any tips!

Mysterious said:
Ive finally come into my last 2 weeks of harvest ive stopped adding nutes is there anything you guys do in the last two weeks? Should i reduce watering? i read if you dont water as much you get drier buds faster! True or not? Anyway thanks for any tips!
Whats up Mysterious sorry i didnt see this thread. There are a number of things people do when it comes time for harvest. Some people give them a flush to get all the nutes out while others don't. Some people don't give them any water the last 2 weeks of flower so they dry out faster after harvest. It's all up to the grower.

yeh they will dry afaster as they will have less water etc in actual plants but just do plain water for say 12 days as usual then reduce watering if you want buds to dry super fast..

id just water as usual till end then dry as usual

pkj

Some believe that starving them for water in the last bit will help push out more oils and resins.

I'd say maintain optimum conditions as far as water goes.

I've tried water stressing a plant (heard about it back in the 70's) and starving the plant water-wise weakens the plant.

There is a rumor (marijuana myth) that hanging the plant upside-down after harvest causes the THC to "drain" to from the roots & stalk to the buds, making them more potent.
But that's simply not true. Resin is made in the buds and all movement inside a plant ceases when the plant is ripped out of the ground and hung in a dark room.
That myth probably came from someone seeing plants hanging upside down (it's a drying technique) and making something up.

If you've ever seen a plant that was starved for water, you know it's droopy and it's not a pretty sight.

In theory, it seems that starving a plant might increase resin, but I have found that not to be true.

let one litre run out of the pot for the last two weeks and the last two day flush each pot with 40 litres of water and leave the lights off for 48 hours you won't be sorry

Latest posts

Back