2 x 4 tent LED?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliSmoke

Reaction score
New to all this but need/want a LED light for a 2 x 4 tent...budget $250.
Does it exist?
And what about all these quantum boards I see?
Thanks...

@CaliSmoke , welcome! Have you started your search for your light? What have you found that you like?

Those quantum boards out now, are sweet.

Check out Timber LED's. Have used 4/200 watt ones in my 3' X 7' grow space. Gonna add 3/100 watt Daisy's to aid in flowering for my next grow. I love 'em.

From all that I have researched BudgetLED look the best so far. But there are so many that look alike.

I think you are ok budget wise, not sure if your time line but you could also plan on doing two lights, pick one up now and block off half the tent while they get bigger and grab the second on a Black Friday deal in time to open the other two feet. I like HLG/Marshydro/Spider

Oh, and whatever you get make sure it has a dimmable driver, LEDs are serious and full blast can be rough on lil ones

Actually no hurry really and I like the idea of Black Friday. Dimmable yes.

New to all this but need/want a LED light for a 2 x 4 tent...budget $250.
Does it exist?
And what about all these quantum boards I see?
Thanks...

I can save you a lot of headaches here... been there, done that. took me 3 purchases to get the performance I wanted in same size tent, then upgraded to a 2 x 2.5 x 6.5ft by Gorilla Tent. Love it.

Back to lights. First one was good just not enough power. 2nd one was more power but still in the line of lights
I learned is called " Blurple " for the color spectrum they call full... slow poor growth especially in veg. heat, etc.

Did some more research, watched video's on the tube... learned even more. and if you cannot afford to build your own very nice ones, the open panel lights with daylight spectrum is the way to go.. still a full spectrum light and even has a UV for late in harvest..

Spider Farmer SF 1000 ... not 1000w just a name... after 2 grows I'd say it's equivilant to a 400w hps without the heat. Veg growth is not just great but stupendous.. enormous . Top plants at 2wks old, flower at 3.. you'll kill it.

HGL also makes a nice panel light using the same Samsung Diodes.. Quantum Board is a made up name by HGL because they thought it sounded cool.. a board is a board. both run same nice ballasts also, both adjustable but the HGL is easier to do so.. personally I left mine at factory settings so far.

My light has gone up a little bit since I bought it for $249... but do NOT PURCHASE a purple glower

Photo: 3wks old, veg'd only 3wks old and a few days into flowering...
20200929_114622.jpg

Great information on the Spider and
I think it’s the right size to.
Thanks for the information.
Great pics of your babies !!!

Great information on the Spider and
I think it’s the right size to.
Thanks for the information.
Great pics of your babies !!!

The 2 purchased prior performed well, but dayum.. you wanna see why Spider Farmer SF1000 for our size tents brother Cali.. here they are just a week or so later..

20201004_080155.jpg

Seems like Full Spectrum is the way to go for sure with emphasis on more Red lighting for better flowering.
Now I'm trying to decide...pretty sure I can't go wrong with any one of theses but any suggestions?

...BudgetLED-Series 3+ Full Spec

...Migro Aray 2

...Horticuture Light Group 100 RSPEC

...Spider Farmer SF 1000

Seems like Full Spectrum is the way to go for sure with emphasis on more Red lighting for better flowering.
Now I'm trying to decide...pretty sure I can't go wrong with any one of theses but any suggestions?

...Migro Aray 2

...Spider Farmer SF 1000

I have the Spider Farmer. It is a good light. It is only 100 watts though. I started out vegging three plants and it was fine, but flowering it wasn't enough, I had to rotate them around but it worked. I would only do two plants next time. I don't have a tent though so there was no reflection material.

The more I read about the flowering stage of cannabis... the closer I am at getting one of these.

I would like to get one of the longer ones, there is always new technology after you buy the light you want. Somebody comes up with something better.

Holiday sale so I paid $184.80 total.
Happy with that plus customer service was great...very friendly/helpful/informative. That alone sold me.
And I did emailed each company, compared each light to my needs and I was asking the newbie questions...BudgetLED had me at hello.

Latest posts

Back