20 days till harvest! talk about paranoid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dream grower

Don't forget your towel!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Hope all your dreams are coming true! Mine certainly are. But, the wait is killin' me. I've been growing dreams for many years, the older I get the tougher it is. But Hey, Somebodys gotta' do it... I want to share some pics with you all. Just as soon as I can figure out how. Stay Tuned

Hi Ldy Lunatic, Monkey, Brothers,
Still not gettin' the picture deal. Also, I'm worried about gettin' busted by being on this or any website showing off the girls. But, after all these years with no pictures I bought a digital (need better). Neat. I got a bunch of pics. most are boring but there's a few that are nice. A little longer and I should have some fat pics. Well, as long as I'm here. I started with a batch of 16 Silver Pearl in 96'. Bred back and bred with locals over the years. Had great early harvest and was good. I have a limited space to use. A local wanted me to go with his seed from last year. He has been growing the same seeds as me. Although he's workin' on a strain that really produces and is really good. He thought it would breed true. Hokie Smokes, out of 15 I have 12 f and 3 m. But there are 7 completely different "varieties". From one that started blooming first wk. of July to one monster that didn't even indicate until mid Aug.. Different shaped plants, different sizes, leaves, behavior, everything... Hell of a note. Should have a riot checkin' out all the dif. strains. But, what to do for next year. I have pollinated the real early one with a early male. Early is good... Could all these be "throwbacks" to parent strains? Heck, one of is even all purpley. And not from lack of nitrogen either. So, what about my fear of "coming out". Any reassuring words?

dream grower said:
So, what about my fear of "coming out". Any reassuring words?

Well this server is located in Amsterdam. It is not linked to any seedbanks either, not like OG, CW, was. MarP is a cool cat, He lives in Holland and this site does not pay his bills. No Ads or stuff, He has made a great home that is pretty much safe. I feel safe about some pics. I'd still use caution about what is in the background and stuff. but otherwise I wouldn't worry.

I have pollinated the real early one with a early male. Early is good...

.MJ let go "feral", degrades in thc quality dramatically, and becomes hemp over a few generations. This is due to the fact that left to "natural selection", the earliest flowering males AND hermi plants are usually the ones that pollinate the fems. Further degrading the gene pool generation after generation.
There is even a "theory" (DJ Short)that the north american "Ruderallis" (Russian for 'by the side of the road'), or Russian hemp, actually never came from Russia at all. But from breeders, breeding only their earliest flowering, males to their earliest females. In an attempt to cut overall grow time.

Don't confuse "early" showing males with "early" matureing males. There is a difference. DJ believes that the key to improveing drug strain mj lies in the "recessive" traits of late flowering males.

What you are seeing is the wide variation of phenotypes usually exhibited in F2 generations. It takes many years of very selective breeding and "some" luck to produce a stable, truebreeding strain.

Mutt, Thankyou. Now can you get me through this picture uploadin' deal?

Hick, Great info. I have weather concerns. That's why I'm always trying to get early maturing. By mid Sept. weathr can get cold enough to damage/freeze. trichome coverage is good on all of them. I wanna stretch into late Sept. if I can. I'll take pics. Still have'nt got the pics part yet. Ok, I'm gonna try some pics. Let's see if I can get this. Looks like I may have it here. Here we go.

P826lightened this could hang in yr living room0001.jpg

P826snow white0007.jpg

P8260004.jpg

Looking stellar dreamgrower!! Wishing you a 'frost free" September.

Whats up dream grower. Glad to see ya figured out how to put pictures up because your ladies are looking great. Hope you have a great harvest man and keep us posted. ;)

hey welcome to the neighborhood and nice lookin plants man

Welcome, I look forward to seeing more pics. Nice by the way. If you are REAL paranoid then just grow inside and use carbon filters. It costs some money, but is worth it in the end.

Thanks rockydog! AeroTX, Thanks, I grew inside years ago. but, I could never get near the results I get outdoors. I go through this every year at this time. When it's really close like now, I worry about everything. Does'nt get better until dry and packed away. More pics to come.

know what you mean matey, i´m thinking of calling in sick at work to spend the next three weeks in my garden with a shotgun and a can of bugspray!!good luck with it, the garden looks great

Thanks Man, One time back in the 90's there were some "kids" roamin' the hills lookin' for crops. I did exactly that. Until harvest. My wife packed in supplies every few days. Eventually, they got what they deserved. I hope it never comes to that again. It was miserable. Freakin' time stops. I've never been so bored.

Latest posts

Back