2019 grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
upload_2019-11-19_19-14-12.png

upload_2019-11-19_19-14-53.png

upload_2019-11-19_19-15-28.png

Coming up on a month since I flipped the lights. Put a HPS bulb in one of the 1000w lights but as of now have left the MH bulb in on the other 1000w light as it's on the "taller side" of the tent and don't have much more height left. I am trying to limit their stretch and I think they are now more or less done stretching. I will change over the tall side to HPS this weekend though. The light in the middle is a 400w MH which I will probably keep as MH for the grow. It would just be another bulb I need to buy.
I started feeding them Nectar of the god's a couple weeks ago. My grow was going good with an amended soil however it seemed like my plants could use a bit extra power to see their full potential. So far the Bruce Banner and the Fire OG seem to be the farthest along. Both strains are really starting to get frosty. However the rest of them are not far behind. Thanks for stopping by folks.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-19_19-16-34.png
    upload_2019-11-19_19-16-34.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: TOA
One more little thing I wanted to add. I have been dealing with fungus gnats for a bit now. I have sticky strips and have tried to allow my plants to get really dry in between watering yet they continue. So I ordered some beneficial nematodes to add to my soil. They're supposed to be here sometime this week. I'll be sure to let everyone know how well they work out for me. Most of the other solutions I found would also have killed all the beneficial life in my living soil. I have taken to long and to much care to kill them all off like that.

Good news my Steinernema feltiae nematodes showed up yesterday. I will be adding them to my soil tonight when my lights come on. Hope those fungus gnat larva have a nice last day of life cause their time has come to an end...
A few of my plants have really started to suck the water up fast. I'm back to watering every other day for a few of them. They are packing it on fast though so it makes sense. My White Rhino plant is starting to get heavy. I have to be very careful when I move them around to clean and for watering as to not snap any stems.

So I had extra nematode powder so I did a second application of it yesterday. It says it takes about 2 weeks to start seeing the effects. Hoping this work out. My plants are all doing great. They are loving the Nectar of the god's nutrient line. Only thing I have to say is be careful with their "bloom khaos". You only want to use a little bit and only after you have a decent calcium reserve built up. It caused a couple of my plants to start to show a need for more calcium so I upped what those ones were getting. My Fire OG is one of the farthest along. It's starting to get purple hues and is covered in sugar. The smell is amazing and this strain is definitely a keeper. Another keeper is my Bruce Banner. They are almost as far along as the OG and are covered with shiny crystals. They look like they are going to have a good yield (I have 3 of them). Interestingly some of the most "sugar covered" plants are the ones between the hps lights and the Mh light. Maybe the Mh light does have an effect on resin production which is something I have heard from people in the past that prefer Mh lights over Hps. I'm just excited by all the tasty hash i'm going to make from that "sugar"....

Sorry for the bad pic I tried taking about 20 of them with the camera on my laptop and it just isn't cutting it. Only has a camera on the screen side so I can't see it when I take it. Tomorrow the wifey will be home and i'll use her phone to take some pics and post them tomorrow night. The tent is really filling up with sticky stinky buds. Little update on the beneficial nematodes. Been a couple weeks now since I applied them and I have seen a drastic drop in the numbers of fungus gnats around. However there are still some around. Still waiting before I give a final judgement on how it works but so far I would say it works fairly good.

Whole lotta love going into your grow F'.
Nice work and it is gonna pay off real soon.
Side bar on your lights, my understanding is that MH bulbs are as good for veg phase, as hps is for bloom. However a little extra 'blue' light in last week or two is also beneficial for finishing (mix of hps n mh?!)
I'm all LED (no switches) so can't confirm but had access to a horticulture course which stated plant requirements (as generally known) but added that a little extra blue will boost tricome production in last days of plants flower cycle.
Maybe worth looking into since you appear to have all the lights on hand.

I feel you with the fungus gnats, had them in during my first grow (this last uk summer) and what a bugger those things can be. I am 100% organic too but went with fly paper for adults, a lid for the soil to stop them returning(used tge white vynal from hydro shop cut to fit pots) and a fine top layer of cinnamon to treat the fungus in the soil. Worked a treat,. I have an occasional sighting but 99% are away.
Keep the details coming.

diatomaceous earth on top of the soil will help with the gnats. use a dust mask when applying and make sure to wet it down after. DE is just as bad as silica and/or asbestos. DE is sharp and lacerates the lil critters. Diatomaceous earth is a mineral-based pesticide and its composition is approximately 3 percent magnesium, 5 percent sodium, 2 percent iron, 19 percent calcium and 33 percent silicon, along with several other trace minerals. although it will take several wks for it to break down and be usable as a nutrient

Thanks for the advice doc i'll def be giving it a try. I'm sick of dealing with them. I keep having them almost gone and then they come back. Oh well i'm learning. Clipped a few nugs a little early so I would have some dry to smoke on Christmas. Hoping to start havesting around the first of the year.

Latest posts

Back