2019 Potato Crop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollowpoint

Poor Old Dirt Farmer!
Reaction score
The garden is taking off this year...will expect to harvest new potatoes in 3 weeks or so. These are red potatoes...they are great just about anyway you like to fix them. One of my favorite recipes

slice new potatoes in half
toss in olive oil
salt and pepper to taste, seasoning
arrange on non stick foil sheet
drop on flat baking pan
baked at 425 for 25 minutes
sprinkle fresh grated Parmesan on top
pop back in the oven for 5 more minutes

Enjoy!
IMG_20190410_085744433_HDR_30.jpg

Have you had them before Umbra? I guess they taste like sweet potatoes only white..

I love any sweet potatoes,one of the most nutritious foods it is...got some broccoli heading....early flat dutch cabbage..nappa cabbage..zucchini...tomatoes...egg plants going

Broccoli and corn soup
1 can cream corn
1.5 cup chopped broccoli pods
2 oz half and half
1 pad of butter
fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
simmer on LOW heat for 30 minutes
stirring after bong hits
enjoy!

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 54
I'm from Western Nebraska where there are certified seed potato facilities close to Alliance NE. These small nickel sized potato "seeds ' grown in Nebraska AND shipped out to Idaho for their famous potatoes. As for me... please pass the tateers!! You should see my German Rivvel Potato Soup. :)

I grew potatoes last year and will again...cabbage did pretty good last spring but zucchini and yellows did nothing but attract aphids...tried Brussels but I guess it was too hot here and even in the fall and winter I couldn’t get them to grow as my garden doesn’t get any winter sun...or mayhaps I just don’t have the skills....

Never Been a big sweet potato fan...I’ll have a spoonful at thanksgiving just so no one is offended but I prefer smashed russets just fine especially with some good gravy thrown on top...

Last edited:
2019 potato crop has been harvested, due to the heavy rain in the area i decided to harvest the crop.Rain will degrade potatoes rapidly in this humid area....they seriously need a wet dry cycle.These were planted 3 weeks later that usual due to the weather and harvest a couple weeks early as well.The production is about 50 pounds or so on 4... 30 foot rows. Organically grown and ready for hollowpoint's kitchen :)

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

Latest posts

Back