22 days in, have questions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brohio

Reaction score
Ok, we started our first Auto grow in our new veg room. Things started off with a bang....nice short bushy plants about 3-6 inches. The question is, are they typically this small at 22 days ? It feels like they are in a slump, not showing much growth the past couple days. They are in FF OF mixed with Happy Frog. I sprinkled a little nitrogen on one to see how she re-acted. I will try to post pics later if possible. Thanks !!!!!

Were just a couple of good old boys in the Brohio !!!! :vap-leafy_wave:

What are you feeding it? How much light is it getting? How many hours a day? What strain is it?

Ok, we just started some nitrogen in small amounts, only on one auto. The strains are Lowryder Easyrider, and the other two Auto brand Auto pounder w Cheese. Under a huge T-5 set-up. Lighting hours are around 20 hours on, 4 off. This may have varied some....I'll go see them later and try for a pic, or at least a more accurate measurement. My Bro. was thinking to raise the light, thinking they weren't growing cause they were to close to the light. But from what I read closer the better as long as they don't get burned, right ?
Can someone maybe share what type of feeding schedule they use for there autos ?? This is our first time...

Fox farm has nutes to last six weeks. Happy frog has nutes to last for 3-4 weeks. You don't need to be adding nitrogen at 22 days. I would not feed til it shows a need for food.

Fox farm has nutes to last six weeks. Happy frog has nutes to last for 3-4 weeks. You don't need to be adding nitrogen at 22 days. I would not feed til it shows a need for food.

I recently switch from soil to a hydro. I love FFOF, it's a bit hot....I only had to give them nutes one time in veg. Rose is right....no need for nutes your gonna burn'em.

OK, good info here, thanks !! I only put nitrogen on one of the autos, hopefully it won't be to much for him. We have two bag seed plants, I did put more N on them, but they are pretty much experimental. We will hold off on any nutes...here is the million dollar question, What symptoms will we see when it is time to fertilize ?? And do your plants like Classical or Jazz ???

My plants like pink floyd... kidding.

They will start to yellow a little when they need food. You may have already burned them depending on how much N you gave them. I am betting you did.

What kind of N did you use? If it wasn't organic you just killed your beneficial micro herd that comes in the soils you used. You will learn a lot this grow...hold on.

Thanks Rosebud, It was the brown kind....haha I couldn't tell you, the N was given from a friend that had a indoor set-up. I just sprinkled a little on top of the soil, and added a little water. I didn't put a whole lot on, but I guess we will see. Should we consider flushing it with some water ?? What are signs of to much fertilizer ?? Yellow leaves as well ?? Thanks ! I'm thinking Classical, and maybe the Blues at night !!! Nasty !!!

despite the MG yes, they look good, very little stretch, good color etc.

MG is not good for MJ

I don't want to sound rude but I'm surprised you didn't see one (of the many many) posts regarding Miracle Grow.
So much of this is covered (again and again) in any number of "beginner, just starting out" threads.
Please feel free to learn from other's mistakes (read) or plow on ahead and make your own.

:48:

PS
nute burn will start to show @ the tips of the leafs.
brown/burnt/dead

View attachment burn2.jpg

Thanks, We used the MG cause I read in the veg stage, something with more Nitrogen is recommended. And it was...I wasn't sure which to use, raw N or MG. We had some good results outside with MG. We would be up for a different kind of fertilizer too. We are trying to keep it as simple as possible. Also, we just lowered the plants a few inches so they will be a little further from the light, they were almost touching before. Good move ? Or no ? Any other tips from the Pros ??

The only time I had any problem with leafs too close to a T-5 bulb (4 bulb 2' fixture) was when the leafs were touching the bulb.
2"-3" away is fine (best) as long as your going to be checking in on them and not letting the plant grow and TOUCH the bulb.

You and your brother need to back away from the plants. If they aren't burnt I will buy you coffee. Do not feed with FFOF. Too late, and now MG? Please don't do that.

I sure hope not...he fed them before I had a chance to relay the info from you guys. We will see.Nothing but water for a while..Thanks again

Alrighty then, we will let them grow !!!!! thanks again !

You could well have killed any good microbes that you had going with the MG. Please, please people do not just arbitrarily guess and give your plants things without really knowing if they need it or if it is doing more harm than good. Unfortunately, feeding with MG is about the worst thing you could have done. I would be for leaving them alone...for now. But you are going to have to keep your eye on them as without a good microbe population, your soil will NOT feed your plant. And you will most likely have to start feeding them regular nutes.

Well, that's the thing, we didn't guess...Nutrient schedule on autoflower.net site said start Nutes on 21 day with a fertilizer with higher levels of N. So that's exactly what we did....uuuhhhggg Anyway, What should we say Goddess, that this web- site is not valid ?? As far as the amount of MG, it was half of the recommended amount. Thanks

Latest posts

Back