24/0 to 20/4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
Hey I my autos are about 15 days from seed I got them on 24/0 but Im already having a problem keeping tge temp below 80° during afternoon hours and its only April. My question is if I now change them to 20/4 or 18/6 will it negatively affect them?

I don't personally know much about auto's but given the way they work, i don't think it will negatively affect them, so much as just kinda slow them down a bit.

What kind of exhaust fan are you using? also, I don't think 80 is all that high or problematic at all, unless lower temps is a characteristic required of autos

Sup Deez you should really think about getting some ventilation in there cause regardless which time of the day your going to have the problem. Remember you got 2 1/2 months of growing witch will be getting hotter so get some vent fans in there.

Sour Deez said:
Hey I my autos are about 15 days from seed I got them on 24/0 but Im already having a problem keeping tge temp below 80° during afternoon hours and its only April. My question is if I now change them to 20/4 or 18/6 will it negatively affect them?

I dont think its going to make that big of diffrance switching time schedule...But as others have said..what and how do you exhaust the room..and 15 days from seed...how many ya plant?..how mant females to males?..good luck

take care and be safe

Thanks for replys guysbeen busy so I wasn't on here I went to a hydro shop and bought a cooltube and 6in fan rated at 400cfm have temps steady at 75° now . I still went ahead andcut back to 20/4 with lights off 1-5 because I don't want any heat issues down the road. I live in Southwest and June gets pretty hot so I had to do it.

4u2sm0ke said:
I dont think its going to make that big of diffrance switching time schedule...But as others have said..what and how do you exhaust the room..and 15 days from seed...how many ya plant?..how mant females to males?..good luck

take care and be safe
I really didn't have exhaust I just had the door cracked and 6in fan blowing on the 400watt hps . I have 4 fem fruit autos from dinfem

The only difference youll notice in 20/4 vs 24/0 is harvest time. I have a good stable auto strain I bred and running 24/0 I was able to harvest a week sooner. an extra 4 hours a day at 56 days=an extra 9.33 days of daylight. Last 2 times before, I ran it 20/4 and it went 65 days.

Be advised that most autos do not respond like AK's. More light does not generally translate to a faster harvest. He must have a special pheno or something.

Ventilation is for more than heat control. For proper photosynthesis, plants need a continual supply of fresh air--just leaving a door open does not accomplish this. If you want the best out of these plants, you need adequate ventilation--you need a decent centrifuge type exhaust fan.

You will be fine with 20/4 lighting--this is what most auto breeder's recommend. I would not go to 18/6 as I am sure that your yield will suffer.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Be advised that most autos do not respond like AK's. More light does not generally translate to a faster harvest. He must have a special pheno or something.

Ventilation is for more than heat control. For proper photosynthesis, plants need a continual supply of fresh air--just leaving a door open does not accomplish this. If you want the best out of these plants, you need adequate ventilation--you need a decent centrifuge type exhaust fan.

You will be fine with 20/4 lighting--this is what most auto breeder's recommend. I would not go to 18/6 as I am sure that your yield will suffer.

I don't know about a special pheno THG but the Snowryder Onyx cross I bred is definitely a stable auto and all the few grows I have done with them all show the same phenotypical characteristics. Normally I'd run 20/4 "as suggested" by breeders but ran 24/0 this winter to keep the heat on in the shed so to speak. I was able to harvest a full week earlier than running 20/4.

That is cool that that works for you AK, but I have never seen or heard of this happening with anyone else who is growing autos. I think it much be an anomaly.

The Hemp Goddess said:

Thank you so much THG for all advice you have given me I did go ahead and get a 6' inline fan rated at like 400cfm and have noticed the plants lusher growth
PEACE

The Hemp Goddess said:
That is cool that that works for you AK, but I have never seen or heard of this happening with anyone else who is growing autos. I think it much be an anomaly.

Its possible that my strain is an anomaly, but if you really think about it, it seems logical. A true auto strain doesn't need a dark cycle to flower, its a spontaneous trait in the genes of the plant. Just like vegging photo period plants not needing a dark cycle and growing at a faster rate at 24/0 vs 18/6 because they get more light equalling more photosynthesis equalling more growth. But enough thread jacking for me lol Sorry Deez.

HIGHjacked ....lol....

I just started a WorldOfSeeds NLxBigBud Autofem and I have her all by her lonesome basking under 400watts of MH for 24/0, so who knows mayhaps I'll beat that 55 bloom day bloom time...:confused2:

p.s. I really like this smilie... :vap-bobby_on_the_be:

Latest posts

Back