24 hour lighting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

load3dic3

BROKE-N-TOKE TENT GROWER
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm back for round 2. YAY :D. Anyways I was thinking about trying 24 hour light schedule for my vegging. I am wondering what are the benefits of doing this, and is it a good idea. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Oh, I forgot :bong: LOL

24 hour is fine and great for vegging plants. They don't need a break in lighting. I run 20/4 to keep the temps in my box down during the hottest hours of the afternoon, try the 24 the plants will love it.

Thanks man!! LOL, I'm so excited to try it out on my second grow! :)

Yeah, I run my clones and young veg on 24hr for the first few weeks then when I move them to their veg rooms, I run them on 18/6. I do it just to save the electricity as they about take over my grow lab as it is with 18/6. I have heard and read that the plants prefer some down time from the intensity of the light but I honestly don't know how true or accurate that is.

The benefits are bushier plants with tighter internodal spacing. Marijuana will grow (as opposed to stretch) all the time it has light. I always use a 24/7 vegging light schedule.

Hush--the 18/6 light schedule may be contributing to them taking over your space. A 24/7 would probably help keep them more compact and contained.

No, the plants will grow all the time the lights are on. They do not need a rest period. While plants grown under 24/7 light and 18/6 light may be the same height, the plant grown under 24/7 light will have closer internodal spacing--ie more bud sites.

hemp thnxs to a post u made awhile back about 24/7 i put my lighting schedule like that and its working great. not streaching and nodes are close together.

Latest posts

Back