24 hour lights to outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I have decided to give 2 of my plants away to a friend.. I have been thinking thou.. They are approximatly 3 weeks old 8 inchs high or so - very healthy and I hate to even part with them because they were ordered femmed seeds but my question is my friend will be putting them outdoors and they are used to being under 24 hr light.. Will they go into to flower or get used to the outdoor sun.. We are getting around 13 hours of sunlight in south fl and it is increasing fast.. Thanks Hero

I would think so right? I mean at least it will be real sunshine verses 8 CLFs hopefully it won't stress them.. Thanks Hero

be sure they acclimate them to the sun....I wouldnt go straight sunlight...maybe the shade..good luck...some lucky friend ya got there

He did get some nice females.. I am now left with just 2.. Thats all I want.. feralfull. no mj meds here yet.. I am left thou with some brawney looking chics thou check these lil girls out. lol

Here they are, just seem so bushy for lil plants I am sure they will do well.

newer 005.jpg

newer 009.jpg

newer 007.jpg

id make sure to be 100% positive you have females before you give any away. Id hate to be stuck with the "brawny" males and give away the fems!

:peace:

they r looking good tho. happy :)

Stop giving the man unnecessary nightmares OG. :confused2:

_The Doctor

orangesunshine said:
no sweat---they s/b fine

No they won't be I'm afraid.

Especially under 24/7 and placed outside,they will start to flower and then as the daylength gets longer will reveg.

I agree with Rockster- at 11 hours of darkness they will most certainly go into flower (those look indie dominant).

And like 4u said- should definitely harden them off first when going outdoors.

I'm a few rest areas north of you and I guarantee you Rockster's absolutely right--been there, done that.

Also, outside in FL look forward to mites, leaf-miners like you've never seen, botrytis and nasty vermin of the 4 as well as 2 legged kind. Tell your friend to get some lights and a fan, take his dog-and-pony show indoors.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Stop giving the man unnecessary nightmares OG. :confused2:

_The Doctor

OG's concerns are very valid. Just because a bean is supposed to be female, does not mean that it will turn out that way. I also would not be giving plants away until they were sexed.

I have grown outdoors over on the West coast of Fl before and didnt really have any problems with bugs. insects ppl nor animals but what did happen is it was in the month of July and we have a tropical storm come thru and in 3 days we got like 36 inchs of rain.. Well after the lil canal I had to cross behind my house lowered enough to go take a peak.. All my plants and they were like 6 footers and round as Christmas tress were all yellow.. Then after about a week I decided to just pull em and take it as a loss ., well in their roots were all these like maggots or worms things. slugs something Que asco... lol

hero4u2b said:
Hi everyone.. I have decided to give 2 of my plants away to a friend.. I have been thinking thou.. They are approximatly 3 weeks old 8 inchs high or so - very healthy and I hate to even part with them because they were ordered femmed seeds but my question is my friend will be putting them outdoors and they are used to being under 24 hr light.. Will they go into to flower or get used to the outdoor sun.. We are getting around 13 hours of sunlight in south fl and it is increasing fast.. Thanks Hero

They will go into flower this early on in the season. You would have to slowly scale the light schedule back. Or you can hope you get to flower a partial harvest. mom nature will reveg it over summer and get you another harvest in fall. But it's a bit late to pull that off shoulda started that last month. It will flower some then start to reveg in spring.

You have to harden off the plant. put them under a shady tree with part sun morning sun/afternoon sun. Avoid exposure to peak sun time and really windy days. Do this for at least a few days (I do a week). Then they will be ready for the full tilt.

Uuuuhhhhhh

I was in the Ft. Laud area, and the only time my nearly pure indies wouldn't go into flower was just a few weeks either side of the summer solstice (June 21).

Those will go into flower for sure if put outside.

Be sure and harden off by putting in the sun for say 15-30 min,1st day and 10-15 min longer each day afterwards. Do this early AM or late afternoon.

IDK, might have enough time for a complete flower cycle before they start to re-vegg. Cutting it close though.

Wet

Well I am in palm beach county.. He is hoping they will , if they were mine I would want them to get big first. Thanks yall

i had a friend who gave me some clones about a foot high with hairs on them, and when i put them out side the hairs went away and they went back into the grow cycle until mid- august when the days started getting shorter out side. turned out to be the best crop i ever had !

Latest posts

Back