24 plant scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great Maine. Must be exciting getting that second side going. That great white shark you gave me is doing well and i'm starting to clone her. Thanks!

thanks for light closeups! VERY impressive grow!! a couple more questions please. do you have 2 seperate plugs and timers for each light??
what size are your 18 gal. totes, width by height by depth, overall??
i thought scrog grows had the main stems running UNDER the screen and only branches allowed to grow upward??? yours does not APPEAR that way
last, why do you feel totes are better than smart pots?? is it just size and neater or is there more?? sorry for questions. SUCH AN IMPRESSIVE GROW.
can't wait to see last pics. before harvest.:)

Newbietoo said:
thanks for light closeups! VERY impressive grow!! a couple more questions please. do you have 2 seperate plugs and timers for each light??
what size are your 18 gal. totes, width by height by depth, overall??
i thought scrog grows had the main stems running UNDER the screen and only branches allowed to grow upward??? yours does not APPEAR that way
last, why do you feel totes are better than smart pots?? is it just size and neater or is there more?? sorry for questions. SUCH AN IMPRESSIVE GROW.
can't wait to see last pics. before harvest.:)

Thanks! As for the lights, each bulb has its own plug, ballast and socket. They are all plugged into a control box that has a pigtail to one timer.

Ill get dimensions of totes when lights come on. As for better or worse than smart pots, I honestly don't know. Never used smart pots. On my first grow I used 6 gallon containers and couldn't feed enough to keep up with growth. So that's why I went to totes, more roots more ability to uptake nutes.

As for main stems and branches, the objective is to only have bud sites above screen. So if you look through pics you will see that under the canopy lots of stems and branches. Over is all bud sites, or at least that's what I tried for. This is a work in progress so I'm still refining it.

I have learned so much from so many people here and continue to do so but one persons grow really inspired me to do it this way. If you are interested in scrog then you should check out DrFevers 12 plant scrog. You may see some similarities lol! Plagiarism is alive and well here!

chazmaine420 said:
Looking great Maine. Must be exciting getting that second side going. That great white shark you gave me is doing well and i'm starting to clone her. Thanks!

That's awesome! Ill post a pic of carmalicious later. It's doing great as well and am really looking forward to growing it. Btw smoke report on Maine carmalicious is outstanding quality and flavor great job!

Mainebud said:
Thanks! As for the lights, each bulb has its own plug, ballast and socket. They are all plugged into a control box that has a pigtail to one timer.

Ill get dimensions of totes when lights come on. As for better or worse than smart pots, I honestly don't know. Never used smart pots. On my first grow I used 6 gallon containers and couldn't feed enough to keep up with growth. So that's why I went to totes, more roots more ability to uptake nutes.

As for main stems and branches, the objective is to only have bud sites above screen. So if you look through pics you will see that under the canopy lots of stems and branches. Over is all bud sites, or at least that's what I tried for. This is a work in progress so I'm still refining it.

I have learned so much from so many people here and continue to do so but one persons grow really inspired me to do it this way. If you are interested in scrog then you should check out DrFevers 12 plant scrog. You may see some similarities lol! Plagiarism is alive and well here!

my take on the screen, it's a horizontial line in which all leaves and growth, other than stocks, is removed below. all growth above is saved. if timing is correct, most growth above line will be buds.? also used as support.? IS THIS CORRECT?? AGAIN, REALLY NICE JOB!:icon_smile:

Newbietoo said:
my take on the screen, it's a horizontial line in which all leaves and growth, other than stocks, is removed below. all growth above is saved. if timing is correct, most growth above line will be buds.? also used as support.? IS THIS CORRECT?? AGAIN, REALLY NICE JOB!:icon_smile:

Exactly! That's what I've tried to do. Under screen is bare. Everything you see is above the screen. I tucked and tucked for the two week stretch then started cleaning under screen. Only bud sites above. And lots of them!

So I figured I'd share how I get my girls. I have been using two bucket cloners and although I have 100% success it takes 2-3 weeks and I'm not impressed with what looks like rot before the roots sprout. The problem I think was in the spray heads, they seem to clog constantly so I removed them. That appears to have taken care of the clogging but caused the stems to stay too wet. So I bought a 32 site ez cloner. The results below are 17 days in the bucket and 10 days in the ez cloner.

image.jpg

So i had a small issue with power. Apparently 90 amps was too much for the transformer and popped the breaker on it twice. So as i type this the power co is replacing it with a bigger one! Holey high electric bill! Lol

until you get 2300 every 3 months its not to bad hahahah

and main what bout updates on plants ??? in flower

Mainebud said:
So i had a small issue with power. Apparently 90 amps was too much for the transformer and popped the breaker on it twice. So as i type this the power co is replacing it with a bigger one! Holey high electric bill! Lol

Hey maine,
So are you saying you overloaded the transformer on the power lines outside the house? Nieghborhood blackout?

Mainebud said:
Exactly! That's what I've tried to do. Under screen is bare. Everything you see is above the screen. I tucked and tucked for the two week stretch then started cleaning under screen. Only bud sites above. And lots of them!
what week are you done clearing under canopy by in flower?

also dr. what do you use for cloning, woudl like a link to a real nice efficiant cloning system really only want to have to but 1 ;)

@Chaz i got some White Widow x Great White Shark Fem, getting one more to

@Maine omg at all teh ballasts lol, iso pics

Mainebud said:
Here you go dr!

damn, this could be an id grow to remember. congrats! can't wait to see 1 month from now. VERY NICE!:)

very nice setups. are you having powdery mildew issues, or treating for something? I seen a few suspect pics is why I ask...

Irish said:
very nice setups. are you having powdery mildew issues, or treating for something? I seen a few suspect pics is why I ask...

Not that I'm aware of. Which pics?

So I found my next bike while at sturgis! Lol. Anyway just aquick update.

20130812_224106.jpg

20130812_224045.jpg

20130812_223728.jpg

20130805_093542.jpg

awesome man.

sounds like u had a blast at Sturgis. My uncle just passed there two weeks b4 the event and he said there were quite a few ppl there already.

great grow/bloom area bud

:peace:

Latest posts

Back