250Watt Cfl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vizio

Let it Grow
Reaction score
Hey what's up growers I was thinking of getting 1 of those 250watt cfl round tube lights of eBay, would this suffice my veg area? My veg area (box) size is 41in tall & 35in wide. Thanks in advance.

Hey what's up growers I was thinking of getting 1 of those 250watt cfl round tube lights of eBay, would this suffice my veg area? My veg area (box) size is 41in tall & 35in wide. Thanks in advance.

Can you link us to the bulb? Looks like they put off between 12,000 and 15,000 lumens depending on the brand. 15,000 lumens is good for 5 square feet in Veg.

What is your budget? A lot of people think CFL's are the cheaper way to go but that is not true. They cost more money to run and can create heat issues when you have enough of them going at once. For Veg I love my HO T5's. They run nice and cool and can be put right over the plants without burning them. I am assuming money is an issue if you are even thinking of running cfl bulbs. Knowing your budget will help us help you.

It's not really an money issue it's just that I seen 1 for a good price. I've been trying to find a good 2ft t5 but just haven't seen 1 that I like. Do you know of a link that will send me to 1 that you like?

It's not really an money issue it's just that I seen 1 for a good price. I've been trying to find a good 2ft t5 but just haven't seen 1 that I like. Do you know of a link that will send me to 1 that you like?

Give me a minute and I will dig one or two up for you.

Ok big s/o to you Hamster. I love the first 1 you sent to me. Will be ordering that ASAP. I get paid this week. ��

I notice the Hydrofarm brand is about $40 more than the ones you posted. I am thinking about grabbing one to replace my flouros.

Anyone know if there is a difference in quality (or features) between the those and the Hydrofarms?

I notice the Hydrofarm brand is about $40 more than the ones you posted. I am thinking about grabbing one to replace my flouros.

Anyone know if there is a difference in quality (or features) between the those and the Hydrofarms?

I don't have a name brand and mine have worked very well.

Doesn't seem like there could be much difference. Not much to a flouro fixture. Maybe a little better ballast or tighter sockets, or better reflectors or a better/longer cord or a batter hanger. But, not much. LOL

I like the one you posted that had multiple switches. It was only on the larger units but I wonder if I would ever have cause to run 2 bulbs in a 4 bulb system. I could just remove 2 bulbs but when I think about the incredible amount of labor involved in that, I wonder if multiple switches might be cool.

I have been using my same $9 shop lights for a few decades. LOL Still working. Probably time to change the bulbs. LMAO j/k

Is a 4' 4 bulb T5 too much for a cloning closet?

Is a 4' 4 bulb T5 too much for a cloning closet?

If it's just for cloning, as in over cuts you are waiting for roots on then yes. If it is for vegging clones that have just thrown roots then no. It would be beneficial. When it comes to cuts throwing roots less light is better. To much or intense a light and the cut will divert energy from rooting.

Yeah, I am thinking just cloning. I just bought a new tent that I'll be able to use for vegging from now on. Maybe I'll just leave the flouro's in the cloning closet, then. They have worked fine for years. I guess, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. LOL

Thanks

I have cfl for veg. & I'm gonna use the t5 for veg. Not really into clones yet. I like growing from seed.

Once you begin cloning, you will wonder why you waited so long to begin cloning. The only time I don't want to clone is if the strain isn't worth keeping. :)

Latest posts

Back