2nd DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question.. I want to bring ppm down in one bucket. In theory I just add zero nutrient added ph adjusted water when it gets thirsty? Do I still had hydrogaurd and calmag? Thoughts please 🙏

Getting frosty! Maybe another month. What are thoughts on “starving or flushing” near end when dwc???

Attachments

• 0FE0483E-C432-4E84-80CC-25DDCF8C6EE5.jpeg
    0FE0483E-C432-4E84-80CC-25DDCF8C6EE5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 04939195-E0A6-46E8-AA71-2B5262D2AD77.jpeg
    04939195-E0A6-46E8-AA71-2B5262D2AD77.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3135CF9D-45FD-4A87-A918-C33A0853414C.jpeg
    3135CF9D-45FD-4A87-A918-C33A0853414C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 8B9E2B7A-893C-43F4-BE29-253D83521392.jpeg
    8B9E2B7A-893C-43F4-BE29-253D83521392.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 4FC1A796-6BAA-4B14-B475-B675B736028A.jpeg
    4FC1A796-6BAA-4B14-B475-B675B736028A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but my giving plain water you are essentially flushing at end… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I cut off nutes approximately 2 weeks prior to when I hope to harvest. Sometimes I’ve had to wait an extra week and even a few more days. I’ve often wondered is this considered a flush too but I don’t get run off, just like to keep their thirst at bay. I’ve only considered flushing when I once had to flood my plants with high PH water because i had really low run off. I poured tons of water thru my plants so that’s what I consider a flush and hope that I don’t have to do it again.

I cut off nutes approximately 2 weeks prior to when I hope to harvest. Sometimes I’ve had to wait an extra week and even a few more days. I’ve often wondered is this considered a flush too but I don’t get run off, just like to keep their thirst at bay. I’ve only considered flushing when I once had to flood my plants with high PH water because i had really low run off. I poured tons of water thru my plants so that’s what I consider a flush and hope that I don’t have to do it again.
Hes in hydro not soil

Have you looked into using a flushing agent such as Florakleen counts down flush time.
General Hydroponics FloraKleen removes fertilizer residues that can accumulate over time in hydroponic systems, growing media and potting soils. Use FloraKleen monthly to purge your hydroponic system or potted plants of excess salts that can accumulate as a result of regular fertilizer application. FloraKleen is an excellent final flush and can be used to dissolve mineral and salt buildup. Its high concentration and low price make FloraKleen the economical choice for maintaining your plants in both hydroponic and soil based environments.

Features
• Dissolves away accumulated fertilizer salts.
• Reduces excess and imbalanced fertilizers.
• Releases nutrient bond between plant and system.
• Use Flora Kleen as a final flush for one week before harvest.
• Safe for hydroponic systems and media while plants are growing.

Analysis
From MSDS:
Flora Kleen Cleaning Flush Solution is a specially formulated mixture of chemicals that are mixed in proportions to assure adequate removal of nutrient residues. The chemical identity of the compounds and exact proportions used in the mixture are a trade secret.

Application
Hydroponic systems:

Between nutrient changes: Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon water. Use milder solution for young or fragile plants, stronger solution for older and strongerplants close to harvest. Recirculate in
hydroponic system for one to two hours. Drain and refill hydroponic system with fresh nutrient solution.
Final Flush Before Harvest: Drain old nutrient solution and discard. Refill hydroponic reservoir with fresh water and mix 2 teaspoons Flora Kleen per gallon water. Run this solution during last day or two before harvest.
Potting Soil & Soilless Mixes: Fill a watering can with fresh water and add 1 to 2 teaspoons FloraKleen. Drench until there is runoff from the bottom of the pot. Resume your regular fertilizer schedule with the next watering.

Read More About Flushing Agents Courtesy of Maximum Yield

When we say the end… like the last week/month? TYIA
It depends on how often you change the reservoir. I changed mine every two weeks, so the last change before harvest is mostly just a waste of nutes IMO. Not that the plants wouldn't benefit from it, but that benefit wouldn't make a noticeable difference in the harvest.

Just under 4oz dry off both… way under last grow but we don’t know the strain so… not a waste of time. Very heady w/citrus notes on 1st one, 2nd still curing

Attachments

• 626CB667-FA3D-4D43-814E-915EF3654DB0.jpeg
    626CB667-FA3D-4D43-814E-915EF3654DB0.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back