2nd Grow- Aliendog from clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean -- Everyone is an expert grower. In their own mind. The only person that hasn't wanted to tell me what to do is a man I'm going to supply meds who has a PHD in horticulture, owns a landscaping business, and is at present writing a book on advanced outdoor drip systems. He looked at my plants and told me they were beautiful and there was nothing he could tell me to improve what I am doing -- he did teach me how to use the hydrometer. Made me feel great.

Reactions: Sol
Anyone else have twisty leaves? It looks like something characteristic of this plant, maybe just the way it grows. Still looks neat. This is on the Candy kush.Her name is, um.....Candy. What else?

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0024.JPG

Lookin good Solareno! Ive had a few strains show those twisty mutant leaves but not to that degree. Ive only had it effect a few leaves when the plant is smaller and then it grows out of it.

Im interested in that Aliendog. I noticed Cali Connection has been making a bunch of hybrids with the Alien. Green Mojo!

:) Thanks Maine. Yes, i noticed quite a few strains bred with Alien too, thats' what first turned me on about them, then a friend mentioned them and Tada here she is. She also became my favorite so far,as she is very vigorous. This plant grows alot stronger than what i've had in the past. I can't really compare her to the other two ladies in wit her as they are new.They are just now showing new growth indicating to me that they took to the transport and transplant just fine. I look forward to a very nice winter.

ad1.JPG

add.JPG

adtop.JPG

They look great Sol -- YES, it's going to be a fantastic winter. :)

:cool: :) Hello all,

A quik question. I figure the term ' bagseed' refers to that bag of 'who knows what' that contain seeds. Basically seeds from any ole' pollination ,right? And thats' why we dont like to grow them, right? So what if you DO know what strain it is, and maybe even like it. For example someone give you some bubba kush and you come across some seeds. Do you plant them ? Or is that taking too big a chance still? Cus' thats' pretty much where i'm at. 7 bubba kush seeds that look really good. Dark to light stripes across plump,uncracked seeds.
What ever should i do?? Lol;)

They probably came from a hermy -- but you don't have anything to lose by popping them -- go for it.

:yeahthat:

I mean we all know anyone who grows dank pulls males (unless wantin seeds).

So chances are a hermi prob got her. You can attempt it still, but it is very very depressing to put months into a plant for it to sprout balls and pollinate all your females :(. Dang hermi's a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Well, i guess i'll just save them for now. Maybe i'll try growing them out to produce a seed stock, later when i have nothing else on the go.

I just had to post this- I LOVE these new T5s' - LOVE EM!! i went back and picked up another 2 ft. .so i have 3 x 2ft and i put them in close for a nice tight light pattern and man do they show results quickly. Compared to using HPS for veg, there is no comparison. I'm amazed. Yes, i know, you guys have known that for a long time but its' just soo cool when you see it for the first time ,y'now compared to....

Your loss could be if you put that bagseed in with some genetics and the bagseed hermied and pollinated all the genetics.

I wouldn't do it unless it were the only stuff I was growing, then I'd still be worried stray pollen would get into the grow space and screw up the next grow. Is it worth growing out? Probably not!

Caught ya! not reading the post right above you-LOL

'Well, i guess i'll just save them for now. Maybe i'll try growing them out to produce a seed stock, later when i have nothing else on the go.'

Thats why i said that. LOL i agree - no mixing them up-above 'LATER-when i have nothing on the go' - you silly

Hi Solanero, I too really like the t5's

Green Mojo to you.

Nah, I saw that part, was more in response to Hemper.

Just wonder as to the reasoning of growing out a hermie for seed stock. Hermies produce hermies, something like 90% of the time iirc. And, unless you know what pollinated it, you're growing a mystery that you may or may not like!

Oh good point. That's why i'm here- to learn. So, they are more or less more trouble than they are worth and i should stick to known seed stock? ! Right, will do exactly that , thank you coulda saved me months of headaches

throw out the seeds! hermies suck. spend $40 and buy some good genetics and get seeds that way. if you pollinate a whole plant for seed youll have hundreds if not thousands of seeds.

Dj Shorts Grape Crush has a natural tendency to ge that krinkle leaf...also a humboldt purp cutting thats been up here for yrs kind of does this helix sort of leaf twist. Not due to defincies of any kind, just grows like that...

pEACE,

7greeneyes:)

Ruffy said:
throw out the seeds! hermies suck. spend $40 and buy some good genetics and get seeds that way. if you pollinate a whole plant for seed youll have hundreds if not thousands of seeds.

I don't really need any seeds , i have good genetics growing right now. I just wondered if,since they came from good smoke they might be useful. i have no problem with tossing these but thought i would check first.:)

Also , thank you 7greeneyes - It looks healthy so i was'nt worried but because its' such an xtreme twist i figured i should show someone

:icon_smile: :eek:
I am amazed with the changes in the girls since i brought in the T5's! I simply love these for veg, these are all more or less new growth buds from the past day or so. These seem to be growing much faster than previously , i love it.
The hydro shop near me also carries the red spectrum T5 bulbs, so i was considering using these in flower as well as side lighting or any hard to reach area that might benefit from xtra light. There was alot of light,airy stuff growing down low in my last grow, as i didnt trim lower growth at all. So either i trim it this time, or provide xtra light. I think i'll try to find a pleasant mix of both.

AlienDog11.JPG

Latest posts

Back