2nd Grow- Aliendog from clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good man, I am also vegging with T5's for the first time. I was going to ask what's the story with the paper or paper plates on top of your soil?

dontknowmuch said:
Looks good man, I am also vegging with T5's for the first time. I was going to ask what's the story with the paper or paper plates on top of your soil?

Those are just discs i cut from the black/white poly to block the light from hitting soil. I found that sometimes algae can grow on the top of rockwool cubes or perlite, and the disc prevents that. Also it might help from excess evaporaation from the container(pot). A tip someone gave me so i got in the habit of doing this.

:) Well someone grew out of her training wheels and found a bigger home, i was surprised she became root bound so quickly( thus yellow leaves) . Also i wondered if there was a good rule of thumb for T5 spacing. Mine are 4" apart ,trying to maximize footprint. I'm still experimenting to find the best mix of spacing and distance from canopy.

AD2.JPG

AD3.JPG

fam1.JPG

:) Thanks Roddy, will do. Having not used them b4 , tips are handy.

Not to beat a dead horse here,but more for the info- about those seeds i was discussing earlier. I spoke to the fella who gave me them and he says he was there when the plant that produced them was planted. It is from a purple kush plant from greenhouse seeds. He saw the package it came from and watched the plant grow. He says that a branch was hangin out of its grow area and as the grower walked by may have knocked into it as he passed each day and thats how it hermied and seeded. It was a potent plant and i am sampling some now,and i like it very much. I'll make this quik.:D So if i grow out a seed would this be called an f1 or f2 or niether? And given the extra info, is it still a bad idea to grow them for fear of hermi offspring? No matter what the answer i won't be using them till i have nothing at all on the go. I still plan to order seeds but if these are still useful i would hate to throw them.

I don't think brushing against it, even if daily, will hermie a plant.

I think i'll just put these to the back of the shelf and worry about it some other time, maybe they'll came in handy some day. Yeah, thats; what he told me but then again i tend to believe ppl too much. LOL

I believe i am going organic this grow, i picked up some organic ferts today,worm castings and bat guano. I've since started building my soil and have come up with a question. I am growing 3 plants currently, two will still need to be transplanted to larger containers but 1 is more or less in her final container. They are presently in a nice mix of coco and promix with lots of perlite. The largest i just put in larger pot 2 days ago. Should i bother re-transplanting with new soil or can i somehow leech the good stuff from the worm castings for instance to improve the present soil instead of repotting a second time.I am speaking of only the largest.

:) Interesting. I'm learning more about organic methods and such, so today i go to local major everytthing store and am passing anything that says MG;) and find various soil ammendments. So in the garden area they have ornamental pepper plants. So i pinch off 1 small dried pepper and take home to investigate. I planted the lil seeds and stuck the skin to my nose to see if it smelled like real peppers. :eek: :eek: Bad move! My eyes and nose are running hard,i'm crying and my face is on fire. So , 1/2 hr later ,when i feel human again i start thinking this might be a good insect repellant if put into a spray. It seems that certain pepper plants support the life cycle of ' the minute pirate bug' who loves to eat thrips,mites and other MJ pests. Here is the link if interested-hxxp://www.negreenhouseupdate.info/index.php/october/622-ornamental-pepper-black-pearl-as-banker-plant

Pretty neat, although you would have to have alot of space i would imagine.

And this is the link on info on the minute pirate bug-hxxp://www.entomology.wisc.edu/mbcn/kyf101.html

I'm not sure if this would suit our purposes but interesting none the less. Oh, and they don't smell like peppers, they hurt.:eek:

I found this post and seems to fit my thinkin these days.

Bat Crap, Worm Tea, & Fish Emulsion should be staples of Medical Marijuana Cultivation.

You know you’ve become a good pot farmer, when you start mixing it up with bat guano, worm tea, and fish emulsion. Similar to parents changing a dirty number two diaper with love, that’s what great Medical Marijuana gardeners do with their organic amendments. The nature of these natural soil enhancers may gag the average human, but for the love of their “babies”, Medical Marijuana gardeners are not average.

Bat (as in Dracula) guano, consists of the droppings from these nocturnal flying creatures. Pot farmers for years, have used bat guano as a nitrogen rich boost for their plants. Many farmers also like the natural re-cycled aspect of bat ****. Since there are several species of bats, with varied diets, not just any bat guano will do. Many on-line hydroponics suppliers carry fertilizers that cannabis cultivators like. Obtaining the appropriate bat manure should not be a problem.

Worm tea, worm bins, worm castings, etc., should tell you something, worms are vital to a garden! I can’t tell you how many urban gardeners are happy when they’re turning dirt, and a shovel full of soil is teeming with worms. Worms are where the good soil is, and they will work hard to help keep it that way. The worms will handle subterranean duties like tilling, digesting decay, aerating soil, promoting microbial activity, and laying down their own manure in the form of castings. Some farmers have been using their horse manure and a yucca extract concoction, to produce homegrown worm tea, an *** kicker of a soil amendment that’s readily available to flowering Sativas and Indicas from the Medical Marijuana family. Let the worms handle all of your dirty work!

There is something about the sea, from sea kelp to crabs and fish. Compost from fish, crab shells, and desalinated sea weed, are all nice organic ways to enhance your soil. If you think in terms of feeding the soil, not the plant- then your garden will be quite prolific. Fish emulsion was one of the worst smelling additions to a plant I’d ever smelled, but once I witnessed it’s affect mixed with rain water, then I knew this was best for my plants. The two situations I know of people ruining their plants, came from an over zealous use of fertilizers. By staying in the organic ballpark of natural gardening, you can avoid that problem, and raise healthy good tasting plants!

I just realized that my aliendog is now exactly one month old ( since i got her) -Pic of day 1 and today ,one month old. Weird how things like that entertain me and how yesterday i found myself comparing nitrogen versus carbon content of various animal ****. My how our interests have changed.:D

ADay1.jpg

DSCI0018.JPG

:) There is something that surely touches a primal part of any person when they smell the fire that produces the ash to give all those good minerals and earthy stuff that feeds the soil that feeds the plant that you smoke. I've mixed kelps,seaweeds,castings and guanos. Tilled in coco choir to the best black earth i could find. Sprinkled sawdust,coffe grinds ,meals of all sorts and wetted down with ash water. This stuff makes me feel like i could grow daisies out my rear if i wanted.:D :D Earthy goodness;)

Thank you very much guys:) :)

Might as well include the others.

After some research ,...my suspicions might just be true,...i have them mixed up.
When i got them , the 'donor' didnt really label them, but said what they where, so i think i mixed them. The 'Green crack' as i thought was growing sorta slower and very green which is characteristic of Candy Kush. That would make the larger of the 2 the GC ,and its' growing well. At least i think, not super important but i was researching their growing habits, seems so..... ??

GC1.JPG

CK3.JPG

Here is my question of the day. If, once my aliendog has flowered , i could just harvest most of her and leave some vegetation and re-veg her over and over sorta eliminating my paranoia of always having clones of her running??? I'm somewhat space limited and if i don't have to worry about saving a fresh stock ,well , that would be good. Or is this not a good idea for some reason? I heard having a 'mother' sorta gets better with age, is that true?

Latest posts

Back