2nd Grow- Aliendog from clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya again dontknowmuch, no, i dont think its nute burn, after seeing the pics, i explained on your thread. This is just an excuse to re-post my carbon filter question lol

You can suck as many cfm as you want through it, Sol. If I'm understanding what you are asking. Mine is attached to a 530 cfm vortex fan, and it works great. I keep it on medium in the day period and turn it down during 12/12.

Hey Hemp, good to hear from ya. I realize that any fan CAN be used, but i think they are rated for certain air pressures, and i wondered if i was under or over powered for that size of filter. My fan is 430 cfm , so it would be under powered with a big filter or over power with a smaller filter, y'now?? Or is all this just details and i should just get on with it? I ordered a bunch of stuff that i figure comes right from mainland China and nothing is really labelled, so i 'm not sure of all the specs .
This was just another shipping option, i know you can order stuff online from growshops with all the proper documentation. It works out MUCH cheaper for me to go this route

Veggin Voodoo Chile'

ahere1.JPG

ahere2.JPG

Probably the last veg pics as i might flip next week or so. Interesting thing though, out of the four strains going, the smallest plant is by far the one that smells the most. When its all calm its fine, but then disturb her and holy moly, she stinks. And so tiny yet. The second smallest isnt really growing up and out it just gets thicker and thicker. I was thinking about setting a screen up for a scrog ,but i dont' think i'll need to.:D

adw1.JPG

I was wondering how other soil growers handle their PH issues. I usr distilled water at 6.5 ph , i would then add my nutes, carefully measuring , believing somehow that my PH would still be ok as long as i was careful. I no longer believe that.:D Reason being, when i feed my larger girls a healthy feed ,i would start having all sorts of problems. I went out and got a tester ,where you mix a few drops of solution to your water and it turns color to match a PH chart. It seems that the more nutes i add, the lower my PH goes. So , i also got PH up ,but it seems to take alot more than directed to get my ideal range.
Does any of this sound familiar or how do most ppl handle this? Just make corrections and go ahead and use ? or is there enough buffer not to worry about it??

i use ro water & check ph then add nutes then adjust ph to 6.5.

Ruffy said:
i use ro water & check ph then add nutes then adjust ph to 6.5.

I see, thanks. It might sound like a dumb question but i never worried about PH before, but then again i ALWAYS have the same issues, so i guess i'll have to start to pay attention to it.:) :)

some say soil you dont need to worry about ph. i dont belive this. i might be wrong.
ro water, add food or whatever, then check and balance ph. make sure you stir the ph up / down into the water. also id buy a ph pen. more acurate. when using pens, always wash pen tip in water then use, then wash again. dont let tip dry out to much when storing. these are my opions only, the lifers might have something different to say lol

Sol said:
Hiya dontknowmuch,

sounds like you have a nute burn to me, post a pic, go ahead. And i'm feeding with organic teas, although i'm still in the tuning stage. Bat guano, fish emulsion a few other things, as natural as i could find. I water at different times as my plants are all different sizes, but i let them dry out before i water/feed again. You are most likely over-watering, of course i can't say for sure but that's the most common mistake we make when starting these wonderful projects.

ALso, i picked up a carbon filter today, and have no idea of the cfm (made in foreign land with no label) Its 16" tall and an 8" diameter. I included a pic so if someone has one similar , we might be able to come to a reasonable guess.
Looks just like the filter I got, with my 450 CFM fan. Seems to work fine.

HomieHogleg

All that PH stuff was from months ago...not thar it matters. I also check my ph before i feed and don't really do much else unless i see a prob. Heres' the final lineup. I added the 2 small 1s' in the front. I'm really looking forward to see how that lanky sativa in the back does.Shes' a real stinker.

DSCI0003.JPG

One question i could ask is : If you had the choice of light power from 250 to 1000w , When in the first few weeks of flower,is it better to it with full light or a lesser amount at first and then more later in flower??

Watch the plants, Sol, they will tell you when to raise or lower the light. Mine reach up when they want more, and kinda cringe away from the light if it is too close. IME

Sol said:
One question i could ask is : If you had the choice of light power from 250 to 1000w , When in the first few weeks of flower,is it better to it with full light or a lesser amount at first and then more later in flower??

I use 400watts for veg and 1000watts day one of bloom.

7ge:)

Thanx greeneyes , thats' what i wondered about. Was'nt sure to blast em from day one of flower or wait til buds form. I'm letting heat dictate my power lvls now, as its still warm here oddly. I can go to 600 and stay at 76-78 degrees. I hope once we get colder i can turn up to full.
I was a whole issue of weather more buds would form with more light,heat or better at lower temps with slightly less light. Then again sometimes i can overthink making toast. :)

HemperFi said:
Watch the plants, Sol, they will tell you when to raise or lower the light. Mine reach up when they want more, and kinda cringe away from the light if it is too close. IME

I meant power wise not heightwise

I forgot . I have a setting for hps on my cam

xsxs.jpg

Latest posts

Back