2nd Grow- Aliendog from clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sol

Reaction score
:) Hello all,
Figured i should do a proper journal for this grow. Feel free to post.

This is my 2nd grow from a clone, and will do many things the same way as the 1st, some new things too. First, here is some info on the strain, its not new but not everyone is familiar with this strain. The following was taken from 420genetics. All this is in my first grow link but i re-posted it here where it belongs.
alien technology is a strain that came from a small village in Afghanistan via a USA solider, its a pure landrace strain and super frosty like "the white", is a land race afghan line , don't have a region or village name to go with it, it was a handful of beans brought back to the us . is all i can comment

Alien Dog

Alien Dog (alien technology x chemdog d)

Alien Dog is a meeting of authentic chemdog d x to a pure land race afghani hash plant named

Alien technology for the amazing amount of resin it produces. You will find smells ranging from

cherries , creams , fuel,terpentine and plain ole chemdog!!

So , here she is in her new home. I 'll be picking up some HOt5's soon.

DSCI0005.JPG

DSCI0004.JPG

DSCI0001.JPG

Looks nice she will love those T5s :)
Green Mojo Solanero

:) Not a whole lot new. Afew new shoots i was waiting for showed , from some work to promote bushiness.
A few things i will do differently this time .
1/Take advantage of all new growth nodes (as above)
2/Once mature , more aggressive feeding schedule (i ran lean first time)
3/Try new things
4/Maintain cooler temp(previously 85, now 70-75deg)
5/ Larger container ( root bound )
6/ Don't over-react! (little yellow,brown leaf or two) No need to over compensate, which i'm certain i did a few times

A few things i thought of that will improve my grow skills hopefully.
Pic of new growth after removal of meristem.

DSCI0007.JPG

Each grow is a oportunity to improve. That is the spirit.

Green Mojo :aok:

Hate to sound like an idiot, but what is a meristem (couldn't find any decent definitions), where is it and why did you remove it?

:eek: :eek: Really?? THG? Meristem? I think i even remember that from highschool science class, anthow, i was just being a smarty pants. I believe that 'Meristem' as i meant it is only a fancy word that means, i removed the growing tip, so it will become bushier. Now, i'm worried, " Did i use the wrong word again?
I was reading up on plant botany and that word just sorta stuck. It just means i topped it ,essentially. So why did'nt i just say that?? don't know.:D

Its called the apical meristem(top) . Thought it was common knowledge.
I just re-read this, and i don't mean to sound smart***ed or anything i really thought it was a common word.

images (1).jpg

:) Jeez, i was being a **** yesterday, did'nt mean to:eek: :eek:

Here's a few better pics , as things are progressing nicely , i do have them feeding regular now, so i expect for the yellowing to stop. A few rough looking leaves on the AD , but i did ask for the weakest clone.
The other(larger ) one is a clone of the mother from grow #1. Interesting.

3mainb.jpg

2way.jpg

7blade.jpg

a2.jpg

;) I'm not quite sure what to think about the clone from the mother i have, i labelled her ' mystery woman' . I will openly admit that i'm not quite satisfied with the results of grow #1. Reason being , although there is alot, the buds are loose and airy.Its not what i would expect to see in a bag ,from some of the more experienced masters of the fire. Not that i am anything close to that, but i would like to have had a good crack at it. I believe that i might benefit from upgrading to a 600, and using the 400 for ??whatever ,or maybe both for 1000 total. I would surely expect to see tighter ,harder nugs then right? In that case i might want to think about a larger space i'de imagine as well.
I also think i could have waited another week too.I've sampled and really has no discernable taste (yet) , it works, but could be ALOT better. I really do want to learn to become a competent,and potent grower.

I think the 600 would give you denser tighter nugs Solanero. You wouldn't be dissatisfied with it plus with the 400 too in your space that would be good.

We all want to be the best grower here lol it takes time Im still on my way up to don't worry one day we will be as good as "those other guys" lol.

Yeah, put me in that boat as well. Looks good Sol. You know what you are doing my man -- I would have thought that weed you showed us the close-ups of would have been killer. Another case of beauty being skin deep. Tighten up them nugs my man -- I know you can!

Peace

Thanks Hemper , it was just a brief moment of disappointment but now i'm more concerned with what needs to be done to achieve the quality i'm looking for. In all honesty, i can't be too down on the 'MW' mom (#1) i got her in a bad way, and now that i think of it, i only was able to run my ballast at 400 for the last 4 weeks approx. just because it was so hot this summer and i had'nt had my ventilation proper installed until flowering.I'm not trying to make excuses , rather finding the exact factors that contributed to the quality or lack of. Ya Dig??
Anyhooo, I did also notice in other ppls' grows that finding the correct time to harvest a given plant is'nt always a hard and fast rule. As i said before , i bet i could have waited another week or so for more complete development of the trichs. Even though they looked good, other plants the individual resin gland is much larger,longer. And with this being a sativa dom , more light, longer time,blah blah.

This is much too long, see, it works just fine though i could ramble on for days right now.:) :D :cool: :eek:

also thanks LemonJack maybe T5-veg/1000 flower? That would be nice!:cool:

:) Girls have some new furniture. I put 2 cfls in just as a test. I could add the hps if needed. Trying to find a good combo for the size. The trimming is growing out giving me what looks like 4 new ,(would they still be called main branches??)
Well they are new branches anyhow. I'm happy
btw -those are 2ft. T5ho

DSCI0020.JPG

DSCI0009.JPG

LOL--from Wiki: "A meristem is the tissue in most plants consisting of undifferentiated cells (meristematic cells), found in zones of the plant where growth can take place.

The meristematic cells give rise to various organs of the plant, and keep the plant growing. The Shoot Apical Meristem (SAM) gives rise to organs like the leaves and flowers. "

High school was so very many years ago....

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--from Wiki: "A meristem is the tissue in most plants consisting of undifferentiated cells (meristematic cells), found in zones of the plant where growth can take place.

The meristematic cells give rise to various organs of the plant, and keep the plant growing. The Shoot Apical Meristem (SAM) gives rise to organs like the leaves and flowers. "

High school was so very many years ago....

wasn't it tho :rofl: ahh gaw... man I feel old ...lol, I hear ya THG.

Good grow as so far.

:peace: ,

7greeneyes:)

I remember now that i was'nt too impressed by the wiki explanation either, for what its' worth, here is where i found a more easily understood explanation-hxxp://www.biologyjunction.com/plant_structure_bi1.htm

A bit of a new development, i destroyed the 'y' project , or in other words the clone of the mother i just flowered. I've decided that i am not impressed with it, so why grow more.? On the brighter side, to replace that plant, i arranged for some new, professional genetics to match the Alien Dog clone. And they are: a Green Crack and Candy Kush clone(s), now resting gently in my grow rm. want to transplant first and will post pics soon. Also , since i have a bit of xtra space , i believe 2 new strains will arrive tomorrow. Bringin it to a total of 5 new,serious strains. I figure this will require a keen eye.;)

Something else i wondered about, two things actuelly. First, is there any truth to someone saying that small er plans are more potent than larger ones, second;y do colder night temps drastically improve final flavour,example 60-65 light off, 65-75 degrees lights on? does that sound right? Also, here is the new line up so far.

fam1.JPG

i don't know Sol, I read that they like a 20 degree shift in temps -- say from 65 to 85 degrees, but I believe they like it in the 70s best.

Solanero said:
Something else i wondered about, two things actuelly. First, is there any truth to someone saying that small er plans are more potent than larger ones, second;y do colder night temps drastically improve final flavour,example 60-65 light off, 65-75 degrees lights on? does that sound right? Also, here is the new line up so far.

I do not believe that there is any truth to either of these. The size of the plant has nothing to do with potency. I do not believe that colder night temps do anything at all for potency, let alone a drastic improvement.

:) I think its' great to have ppl here as a sounding board. The reason i was wondering is those two um,'points' or 'tips' were given to me the other day by the person who is also the person who furnished me with these new,beautiful genetics. So after hearing those tips explained to me, i just went along and nodded," Oh, really? " I was pretty sure that a large plant should be as potent as a smaller one but not completely sure bout the temp. I know, not super important but its strange now when i hang out with certain friends(most smoke), and they start going on with the latest,greatest trick to grow 'killer chronic' as one would say, and i know its all ** but i cant call em on it without giving myself up to some extent( they arent stupid):p . If i suddenly know all the right answers i think i would have some entirely new questions. Like ,grow any MJ lately!?

Latest posts

Back